Pretending and Run

Let You Go?

 

 

Taeyeon walks out from the taxi and drags down all her belongings in front of the house. Her mom walks out after a couple of minutes and just standing still staring at her on the front yard. Taeyeon walks slowly to her and carefully looks at her face.

Mom are you okay?” she asks carefully.

Mrs. Hwang keeps standing still at the door and grab Taeyeon’s bag slowly, and walks inside the house. Taeyeon blinks her eyes confusedly and starts dragging her baggages again. As soon as she arrived in her room, her mom is already sitting on the bed waiting for her to come inside and sit beside her.

Mom, what’s happening? I’m sorry, okay? About that time I rushed to Italy if that’s what made you like this. I have to find her, but I failed. I went back to Canada as soon as I can. And I graduated earlier!” finally she dropped the big news, making her mom raised her head slowly and smiling weakly.

Congratulations dear, I’m glad for you.” She hugs her and saying all the things with a really small voice of hers. Taeyeon sense something is so wrong she cannot hug her that long and she has to find out what’s wrong with her mom.

What’s bothering you, mom? You didn’t look so sane from the first time I saw you back at the door! Are you okay?? I keep asking this since I arrived and you didn’t even bother to answer it!” Taeyeon starts to lose her patience.

Mrs. Hwang turns her eyes to Taeyeon’s and starts coming back to her senses, “I have to find Tiffany, I mean we have to find Tiffany.” Taeyeon frowns her eyebrows and asks again, “She’s here already mom, for a couple of weeks now, I have her cellphone number. She’s with Siwon now, he told me that she want to stay at his house for a while, didn’t Siwon told you that?

Mrs. Hwang eyes glared open in disbelief. Her vains starts showing up around her forehead and her cheeks,  indicating her tensions clearly. “She’s here? She’s really here?

Yes mom, I told you on the phone, remember?” Taeyeon is really confused about the situation now.

Let’s go there, Taeyeon-ah. Let’s go there, right now!!!” her mom pulls her arms so abruptly and Taeyeon just freaking out upon her reaction but instead of arguing with her haf crazy mom she follows her outside and grab the car’s key.

***

 

Flashbacking – Friday 11.30 pm

Siwon is rushing back to home when he suddenly passing through a jewelry store in the middle of traffic jam in Myeongdong. He didn’t think of something this outrageous before but he’s sure of himself this time that he won’t make any false choices. He went out from the jewelry store with a diamond engagement ring he bought for Tiffany.

 

Siwon pressed the bell and waits for her to open it up for him. A few minutes later she came out in her pyjama and her drowsy eyes are half opened. Siwon walks inside and pulls her to the dining table, as soon as she sits down he spread the meals on to the table and brings out two plates for them. Tiffany rolls up her entire body to the dining chair while she’s just paying attention to what he is doing. She looks up to him and found the tie is still on his neck.

Siwon-ah.” She signs him to stops doing anything and she approached him half conscious, trying to loosen up his necktie.

Ah, thanks.” Said Siwon awkwardly when she saw her face is so close to his. Her scent are just killing his nose and all the feelings inside him are just overflowed. He disappointed in how short the moment of loosen up his necktie is, since Tiffany is finish doing it, she’s back to her chair already. Leaving him dizzy and nervous.

He into his pocket and grab the ring’s box tightly before he took it out and hide it behind his back. Tiffany accidentally caught his action and jumps up on her chair.

Hey! I saw that! What’s that behind your back?” she’s giggling cheerfully.

Umm...this is—“

Is it for me?!” her giggles come out even louder now.

Yes, it’s for you, but you have to listen to me first.” Answers him, gulping down hardly.

Tiffany’s face turns serious in seconds, “—what is it? Is something bothering you?” she sticks her head closer to him with a concern face. Siwon breathe out heavily and brings the box to the front, open it up for her to see. Tiffany covers with her hands and exchange her stares both to the ring and Siwon and her ring finger.

Don’t tell me that you’re going to say that famous 4 words.” She said.

Siwon looks so anxious, he breathe out heavily more than three times now, after he finally got the guts to tell her what’s going on. “My mom set me up with another girl.” The happy face fades out slowly from her face, and she starts sputtering on her words. Siwon gets up from his chair and knelt down on the floor before he yells out, “Hwang Tiffany, would you marry me?” Tiffany follows him by kneeling down as well.

What are you doing, you have to stand!” said Siwon, which she didn’t bother to listen.

It’s ironic, isn’t it? About how for a moment I almost losing you, and yet you’re still chasing after me. Seriously, you really love me?

Of course I love you, then why would I even bother buying a diamond ring just for proposing you? I love you too much, I guess.

Tiffany snivels and hugging him tightly all of the sudden, leaving him smiling like a fool. “So....is that a yes?” ask him again. And Tiffany answers it with a nod and kiss him slightly on the lips. 

"But how about the matchmaking your mom has planned for you?" she asks again, as she reached out her hands so Siwon can put the ring on it.

"Let's just go." he answers calmly as he put on the diamond ring on her finger.

"You're kidding, right?" Tiffany bend her head down so she can see his face.

"No I'm not."

***

 

New York, 8pm

Now do you understand your task here?

Donghae nods sincerely and staring carefully to the editor in chief. “But you said before that I work with a writer in here, may I know who that is so I can discuss the next project with her/him?” he suggest.

Oh, why don’t you go to Miss Jung, she’s on the fashion’s article’s section.”

He frowns his forehead deeply, “Okay. Thanks.” He put on  slight smile before he walks out quickly from the room, finding her desk. He’s so sure that the Asian in this office are only them, and the girl with the last name Jung is so familiar to his ears.

 

Donghae’s pov

Could it be Jessica Jung? Jessica? That Jessica? That Jessica I’ve been looking for since the last time I’ve waited for her to say goodbye but she never came? Jessica Jung?

So that’s why after all this time her face is so familiar to me.

She’s been avoiding me, and now she’s a blonde? But she’s far way prettier when she’s a brunette. I look around the office and checking one of the desks around the article section until I finally found her desk, with a notebook and her hangul name written on it. She’s out to buy some food, said a girl in front of her desk. If she’s going to be my partner, our job is not going to be just right.

I remember it clearly in my head when I asked her if we have met before, and she answers no right away. The truth that she tried the best she can to avoid me is sad. We used to have a lot of happy times together and how could she just want to throw that away just because I want to chase my dream to become what I am now? After all, we met again anyway.

Eveline, there’s a guy at the receptionist looking for you.” Her voice surprised me and I turned around immediately found her bringing a pack of Chinese food with a shock expression framed clearly on her face.

Hello partner.” I smiled knowingly towards her. “I’m Lee Donghae, remember me?

She put her Chinese food on her desk and sits on her chair, it looks like she refused to answer me but as soon after she fix her blonde bangs, she reached out her hands and smiles innocently, “I’m Jessica Jung, very nice to meet you.” In English. She spoke to me in English.

Oh so this is how you want our story to be, so you pretend you didn’t know me? You pretend you don’t remember me? Okay then, let’s just play this game.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




 

 

TADA!

need your comments upon this, hehe please *puppy eyes* and i'm not sure whether it's running away for Siwon and Fany or not. But if they run away it's kinda fun too~ then both of their moms will rage so bad lol n_n

cutting my chit chat here, expect to see you all satisfied with this update! :D