Old Habits

Let You Go?

 

Tiffany’s pov

I woke up this morning sensing a hard fabric under my clothes, it’s a delicate marmer of a bathtub. What am I doing here in the bathtub? I look up to the bathroom’s ceiling and realize it’s not Siwon’s apartment and the usual bathroom I always use to take a shower. I pull myself up from the fancy bathtub and found two girls laying on the floor, and a guy sleeping on the toilet.

I try to spin my memory around again although it hurts so much just to think backward, all I remember was I came here for a friend’s birthday party and then we party hard, and I threw up................ Oh no. I did it again. Just like those previous days, I overstep those girls on the floor and close the door. The house is a mess, toilet paper is spreading all around the living room and some of them is going home.

Tiffany baby!!!” Hyoyeon came out from the kitchen and brings out a pack of aspirin. “Drink this, you must be very dizzy.” I took it from her hand and drink it with a glass of water. I look down to my shorts, a red stain—I think from red wine—is sticking on it.

What time is it?!” I remember that I suppose to pick out a wedding dress today with him.

It’s 9.45am, what’s wrong?” Hyoyeon looks confused by watching me walking around like a mad person.

Have you seen my phone around here somewhere?!

Oh, I saved it for you in my room, because it keeps ringing, I’m worried it’s something important so—“ Hyoyeon explains.

Can I have it back??

 

I start the car’s engine and opens up the window, “By the way, Hyoyeon-ah?!

Yes?” she answer before she closed up the front door.

There are two girls and a guy in your bathroom!

Got it!

***

 

Siwon drives to his office anxiously that morning, Tiffany is not coming home since last night. He try to call her cellphone, she’s not answering. He glance to the clock few hours ago and found it’s time to go to a boutique to pick out a wedding dress but until 12pm her phone is still unreachable, he chuck his chin and put down some documents on his desk.

Knock knock!” a happy voice coming from a girl is echoing into his office’s room. He upturned and sees a tall girl, bringing in a bag of an instant food she bought somewhere around the block, he recognized her by remembering the blind date from the last time.

A, it’s youwait. What are you doing here?” Siwon put his right arm beside his waist and leans half of his body to the chair.

Your mom told me to bring you this.” She rises up the food and bring it to his desk. Siwon looks at it for a few seconds and put both of his arms together to his waist now, judging. He snickered before he opens it up and laughs even more.

My mom is really something, isn’t she? Telling you to go to my office instead of herself. I bet she really like you, hm?” ask Siwon, teasing Sooyoung who stands awkwardly in front of his desk. “I’m not expecting a company anyway, but—“

Hey, don’t be rude. It’s your mom who told me to anyway. If your mom didn’t tell me, I wouldn’t even want to come here.

Siwon tilt his head and rise his eyebrows, “Okay. Guess we’re even. Let’s just eat whatever this is together.

 

 

Tiffany spin the steering wheel quickly when she realized she passed Siwon’s office’s building. She can’t stop cursing even she lost counted on it. Remembering that her phone is totally dead by now, she can’t call him back, she felt so sorry and stupid at the same time. The problem is not how she didn’t answer all his calls but, she promised him to not doing any of this anymore, and yet she broke the promise again. Now she’s at the office’s parking lot, with her shorts got stain from red wine, her entire outfit smells like cigarette and alcohol at the same time, she can’t even defend herself. She’s guilty. Siwon will be so damn angry when he sees her like this.

She slams her head slightly to the steering wheel, “Agh. What am I supposed to do.” She upturned and looks at her fingers, there’s a broken fingernail, the pinky finger. “Shucks.” growl Tiffany. Seconds later she realized something’s missing from her finger, and as she wore pretty much rings last night, she can’t even remember which one did she lost.

AAAH!!!!!” she screamed on top of her lungs behind the steering wheel, making the guy sitting in the car beside hers, stared at her in shock. “MY ENGAGEMENT RING!!!!! OMG!! I must have left it somewhere in Hyoyeon’s house.” She grab her cellphone from her purse, “! I forgot the battery is out!” she slams the phone down and slams her head to the steering wheel again, this time harder. A sight of a couple bucks of money is like an enlightenment to her, she took the money out and rush to a bistro nearby.

 

Hyoyeon-ah?! Please, help me again, will you? If you see a diamond ring worth every second of your life, please keep it. Please, it’s mine.” Tiffany adds an accentuation on ‘mine’ and continues, “Pretty please? Okay? I owe you so much, love you, byebye!” she sat still on her chair figuring out what should she do next, she looks down on her outfit again for the several times she did for the day.

Tiffany walks out from the bistro with an ugly jeans as her new pants, since her credit card has reached its limit already, she can’t afford any expensive branded jeans now. Instead she bought the jeans from the bistro’s owner’s daughter. “This day can’t get any better. My ring is gone, I have limited money, all my credit cards are on limit, and I’m so dead if I meet Siwon.” She count her mischances in her head.

***

 

The night comes out, Tiffany wakes up in her car. She decided to go back to Siwon’s office this afternoon but she’s too afraid to meet him. She turn the engine on, and drives out from the parking lot. The cars are queuing to get out from the building, staring empty to the car in front of her, Tiffany turn on the radio.

All by myself, don’t wanna be, all by myself.” The song came out.

Tiffany turns it off immediately, indirectly feeling offended by the song and breathe out all her concerns. Her chest feels so heavy and it’s like she’s been haunted by guilt. She admitted that she’s wrong, but all of her friends are the one she met from so many parties, bars, nightclubs, how can she stay away from all of that if she’s still connected to them? She lean back to the chair when the cars seem to not moving anywhere.

 

Tiffany’s pov

What am I going to do with myself, I’m such a jerk. Is this ever happened? Usually the boys did this. The boys stay out from the house until the dawn comes up and partying hard while the girls work their off and cursing at the boys’ behavior. For me and him, it’s the opposite. But the good thing is that he never complains.

Oh god, what have I done.

 

 

Siwon’s pov

I arrived at about 10pm, when I open the door and walks inside, it’s still the same. She hasn’t return yet, I look at her room and it’s still the same like she left it yesterday. The bed is made, her scent is missing, I usually heard her footsteps in the middle of the night when she went to the kitchen and eat there all by herself, the tv’s volume is too loud when she’s here, the bathroom scented like vanilla and strawberry at the same time.

Let’s just say that I missed her really much, and I hope she didn’t do anything reckless. I just hope that she’s not going back to her usual habit anymore, remembering that all of her friends are still doing that. I’ve been calling her again but her phone is unreachable since this morning. Ah! I know.

*dialing tone*

Hello?

Hello, Taeyeon-ssi?

Yes, ah, annyeonghaseyo Siwon-ssi.” she’s whispering, wait, why did she have to do that?

“.......Annyeonghaseyo, I wanted to ask you, thatmaybe Tiffany has return to your house?

I was immediately suspicious after she answered me by whispering. Taeyeon dropped to a moment of silence and continues, with stuttering.

Ah. No. No, she hasn’t return yet.

Is that so? Hmm.” I hum a little, “Okay. Thanks.

Yeah. Of course.

***

 

Sooyoung is coming over to Taeyeon’s house that night bringing lots of stories and sleepover at once. She’s chirping loudly all the way to her room and flung herself on to the bed, Taeyeon sits on the computer’s chair and watch her friend speaking without a pause all by herself. Sometimes she hums and mumbling “Aww.” when Sooyoung told her a sweet part from what happened in Siwon’s office just this afternoon.

I told him that his mom is the one telling me to go to his office, while actually she’s not.” she giggles happily.

Taeyeon is surprised by her statement, “Then what will happen if he ask his mom whether it’s true or not?!” she support her cornering question with a shock expression, but unfortunately it’s not working for Sooyoung. She gestures her finger signing that she’s disagree.

I doubt that he will ask such as thing.” answered her confidently.

Taeyeon’s phone rings and once she looks at the caller’s ID, she panic and rush out of the room, leaving the confuse Sooyoung by herself.

Hello?” 

Hello, Taeyeon-ssi?

Yes, ah, annyeonghaseyo Siwon-ssi.” she answered him with whispering sounds.

“.......Annyeonghaseyo, I wanted to ask you, thatmaybe Tiffany has return to your house?

Ah. No. No, she hasn’t return yet.

Is that so? Hmm.” the humming sound from him is indicating so many suspicions towards her, “Okay. Thanks.

Yeah. Of course.

She walks back into her room where she found Sooyoung behind the door staring at her suspiciously, “Is that your boyfriend?!” she bites her bottom lips with such a mischievous stares.

Ha ha ha, no??! It was definitely not my boyfriend.” said Taeyeon with such a worst lie ever and her dorky face just shows it obviously that she’s lying, although Siwon is actually not her boyfriend, but still, the look on her face makes Sooyoung wants to know more. “No, Sooyoung-ah don’t stare at me like that, I swear it’s not my boyfriend.” The more she denies, the more Sooyoung teases her.

 

###

Tiffany opens the apartment’s door with the spare key and walks inside slowly, the living room’s light went out. She turns on the kitchen’s lamp and saw plates of dinner sitting on where it is on the table. She tiptoed to Siwon’s room and saw him sleeping peacefully. But he’s still on his shirt he usually wore to the office, and his socks left not removed. His right hand is gripping to his cellphone tightly, where she saw her photo as his wallpaper.

She put down her handbag and kneel down beside him, touching his face gently and his arm. She rise up to his feet and remove his socks, stretch the blanket out and covered him with it before she walks out from his room, crying.

###

The next morning when Siwon wakes up and realized that his socks were removed from his feet, he jumps out from his bed and quickly check Tiffany’s room where he found an empty room just like when the last time she left it behind, he dropped down disappointed. Instead he walks to the kitchen and found his breakfast is ready on the table, with a note beside it.

I’m sorry for not returning home for the last 3 days. I hope you like the breakfast, I made it by myself. And I’m sorry I can’t show you so much emotions, I’m just not that kind of person that goes and yells ‘I love you’ to some people—unless I am drunk—

Siwon paused at that part and laugh before he continues reading the rest of it. 

I’m off to my mom’s house, and I promise when I’m back I will come clean to you, but first I have to fix myself. With love, Tiffany.

Siwon snickered and eats his scrambled eggs. His prejudices when Tiffany is not around is right. And he’s happy that she realized she’s wrong. Because when she’s here, the first thing he will do is scolding her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


hey! First of all I apologized for making this update so freaking long = = 

and no, Hyoyeon is not going to be a permanent character here, she's stopping by doing a cameo ^^v and I fulfill the last request from @haeminsicastal 
hehe sorry if I made Tiffany turns out a little bit harsh here, but the fantasy of her being this kind of girl is so tempting! lol~ look, she's going to fix herself she said kkkk.

oh, and for HaeSica moment, you have to be patience for just a little bit more. I'm working on it! ^^

enough from me = = I wanna know from you guys! hope you like this update!