The Ring

Let You Go?

 

The next day at work is the day before Donghae leaves for Korea, he went straight to his desk and put down his camera. As he sigh and rearrange every single documents on it, he realize something—someone—is missing. The woman in front of his desk. He glance at the clock and surprised about her tardiness that she usually didn’t do, people is busy on their own tasks and while observing everyone who comes in or out from the elevator he thinks that she’s not going to work today.

Is it because what happened yesterday?” he mumbles.

Donghae, boy, you’re seriously not planning to spend your time doing nothing right? Come on, work. Emily from the 10th floor is calling you to do a photoshoot.

Ah, yes ma’am.

 

When the job for the day is finally done, he’s preparing to go home and thinking of what to eat as dinner, and also Tiffany’s face, how he met her for the last time. He missed her so much, he wants to tell a lots of stories he’s been saving to her. Decided not to call her yet, he dials Jessica’s number instead, which was answered by the machine.

Hello this is Jessica Jung, if you hear this right now then I’m probably out or sleeping. Please leave a message!Beep. Donghae closed his phone and walks down slowly through the group of apartment’s building, just then he raised his head to see straight to the front, a woman comes out from a mini condo, and surprisingly it's Jessica, just like those drama when you're just thinking of someone and he/she will pop up immediately after that. She's trying to stop a taxi by raising her arm high, yelling “Taxi! Taxi!” the taxi just passed her by, already got its passengers.

Jessica.” he calls out her name, not once doubting about her unwelcoming face towards his appearance. New York is breezing since fall is coming soon, she wraps herself up and walks a few steps away from him, drawing herself back. Donghae stops and put both of his hands into the pockets.

Where are you going this late?” he stares to her, trying to be calm, accepting the more unwelcoming stares from her. She refused to answer and tries to stop another taxi. Donghae sighs and starts to walk away. A glimpse of memories struck his mind, when Tiffany asked for Jessica’s phone number. He intends to lead her to someone whom he thought she might know. He turn around and sees her hugging herself, alone on the sidewalk, waiting for a taxi.

By the way, there’s someone I know, asked me for your phone number.” Which made her slowly turns around and glares at him, “Her name is Tiffany. Did you know her? Tomorrow I’m going to Korea, meeting her.” Jessica stood silent and carefully turns her glossy mouth into a pout. “Well, I’ll be going now. I’ll be back on Sunday, be careful, okay? It’s already this late.” And he walks away.

Jessica’s mouth gawk open as she runs towards him and grab his shoulder, “What?! Where? How? How did you know her?

I don’t, she’s my sister. Well, half.” answered him calmly.

Suddenly Jessica wished she would’ve been accepting his appearance and be cool with everything, as she wants to know how in the hell all of this could happen.

***

 

 

Tiffany’s pov

Ugh god, meeting Siwon is the last thing that flashes into my mind. It was an epic fail, him, seeing me coming out from a store that obviously stated “Need Help” is so wrong. The whole thing he asked me on the sidewalk is so nerve racking, he almost discover my mistake if I didn’t reply him so smartly. He asked where have I been, why didn’t I answer all his calls, why I’m being so suspicious, why I’m getting a job, yes I know this is so not me but he had to understand that I’m doing this all for him.

My ring is still missing fyi.

I suspect that Hyoyeon is hiding it from me, I’m going to go back there again and kill her if she hide my worth-every-life diamond engagement ring. This is why sometimes I hate myself, and my carelessness, selfishness, ugh. I just finished putting all my stuff into my new apartment, which is a lot smaller than the previous one but I consider it’s okay. There’s no way I can call Taeyeon now, although I want to call her to discuss about my shares in this family. But then she—or mom—will call me “material girl” well I am. I need money. Who doesn’t?

My phoneis ringing all of the sudden, made me jump up on my spot, Hyoyeon calls!

Did you find it?!?!” I yelled it as soon as I pick up.

Uhmm Tiffany I’m sorry. I’m really really sorry, I couldn’t find it everywhere.” Don’t she dare giving me that sorry tone. She’s not really sorry.

Are you sure? You checked every corner of your house, right? You got a big house, you know, there’s a chance for it to be tucked somewhere.” Worth trying.

Yes I’m sure, I told all the maids to look for it.” Great. The maids, it’s a damn diamond ring how can the maids not drooling over it and who found it first gets it. This is so stupid.

I see. Okay then. B-bye.” I drop down frustrated on the floor and mourning over the loss of my enormous diamond ring. This means, it’s the final, I’m dead, as soon as Siwon knows about this which I plan he’s not going to. How can I even come and look at his face, I am despicable.

End of pov

***

 

Choi Sooyoung is walking down the corridor making her way to her parents’ room when she's passing by one of the maids in the house. “Good morning, ahjumma.” Witnessing the maid’s suspicious behavior, she walks towards her again and ask if she did something wrong.

Ahjumma, is something wrong?” the maid is bending down her head deep down, not even dare to raise it up a little bit. She whispers slowly and shed her tears while she down her uniform’s pocket. The thing she took out from it makes Sooyoung’s perfect big eyes that every girl would die to have, glares even bigger. She drag the maid to the kitchen and snatch the ring with a big, sparkling diamond on it. She gasps and hyperventilating for a few times until she took a closer look again to it.

This is at least 10 carat....ahjumma, where did you get this?!” she whispered back in shock.

I....I...I was working for another shift in a mansion a few days ago.” she’s going to cry so bad but Sooyoung force her to keep going, “And...and....the owner of the house was just finished having a party.....and....

And then....?” she waits in anticipation.

Well, as I was cleaning the bathroom, I found this ring near a lady who fell asleep in the bathtub. I was..... I....” she beg for mercy from her, wishing that she wouldn’t dare to tell to her parents to make her fired. Sooyoung smiles brightly and grip the diamond ring really tight.

How about~ you sell this to me.” Her stares are drawing so many intentions and the maid kneels down in horror, holding to her legs.

Please miss Choi, don’t tell Mr. and Mrs. Choi about this!! I still need my job.” The maid beg down not minding her dignity anymore.

No, no, no. Please, get up. I will make this as a secret between us, if you sell this diamond ring to me, and I won’t tell my father or my mother. How’s that? I’ll pay at any price.

 

 

 

A few days later Sooyoung calls Siwon to meet up at a restaurant in a hotel. As she walks down behind him and rubbing her diamond ring with full care and gentleness, she cannot stop smiling and keeps raising her right hand as she’s so proud of that diamond ring. She was about to tell him how she got it. Siwon pulls out the chair for her and then sit on his own chair. The waitress came and hand over a menu for both of them.

Siwon didn’t catch a single sight to her diamond ring while he’s busy reading his own menu, Sooyoung noticed his tight expression when he looks down to the menu but his mind seems off where. She place her chin on the hand which wearing the diamond ring and waits for his reaction. The waitress comes again after Sooyoung hands out a signal, Siwon raised his head up and blurt out his order.

Then the moment came.

His eyes caught the huge diamond ring on Sooyoung’s ring finger. A diamond ring that looks precisely the same as the ring he got for his girlfriend, Tiffany, the proposal moment just strucks in and out to his head. He snatch her hand and take a closer look to the ring.

What are you doing....?” Sooyoung gets a little fright upon his reaction. She was expecting a “wow, nice ring! Who bought it for you?” or “I will buy the exact same ring for our engagement.” and she was really disappointed when he glares his eyes towards her and put down her hand abruptly.

Where did you get that.” His expression is really uneasy now.

I...I....

Answer me. Answer me!!!” Siwon bluff. Sooyoung shrink smaller on her chair, she took the ring off and grab it tightly. “That’s not yours!” he claimed it to the point. Sooyoung shrink even smaller than before when he points to the ring in her hand and sentenced out that it’s not hers.

Siwon gets up from his chair and walks out in rush, Sooyoung confusedly stares to the table and squeals on her spot. She gets up as well and runs outside, stopping him from going.

What the hell?! You claimed this ring is not mine? Then whose ring this is?! I’m not stealing this from anybody, I bought it!” Sooyoung remains strong and keeping her rights. “Maybe it’s somebody else’s before, but I bought it! You cannot just snatch a woman’s hand and claimed a diamond ring on her finger is not hers! Are you insane?!” Sooyoung holds on to Siwon’s car door.

You’re the one who’s insane!” he turns off the car’s engine and make his way out from his car, standing face-to-face with Sooyoung now. The people around them starts noticing and begin whispering. “What are you looking at?!?! Keep walking!” Siwon shouts at them, some runs away and some standing still on their positions.

That damn diamond ring you’re wearing right now.” He tries to absorb some air before he continues, “It’s the ring I bought at a jewelry store. For my girlfriend. Whom I proposed to, a month ago. Yes, I have a girlfriend, this thing that has been going on between us is only a camouflage, because if my mom finds out about this girlfriend I have, she’s going to explode.” Siwon rubs his face in desperation, “Apparently, the girl whom I proposed to, somehow selling out this expensive engagement ring I bought specially for her, without knowing how I felt.

Sooyoung covers her gawking mouth in shock. Her left hand is trembling really bad when she try to hand the ring back to him. “I should’ve known from the start. That you and I are not going so well, aren’t we?” the tears are rolling down to her cheeks. “If you didn’t want any of this, you should’ve just say no.” She said, her voice is now trembling as well, “If only I didn’t buy this cursed ring. You can have it again. Here. Take it away from me.

Siwon raised his head up realizing he has done something wrong. Hurting a woman. Sooyoung walks away in disappointment, her sobbing can still be heard even though she already walked that far.

No, no, please no. Haaaaahh. Don’t do this, please.” Siwon put the diamond ring in his pocket and try to stop her from going further. Sooyoung glance at him for the last time as a public bus came by and she step inside as soon as she can. “I’m sorry!!!!!” said him as he runs along with the bus and not even once try to give up.

The bus ran away and he’s still on his spot, seeking for forgiveness from her, why would he even blurt out everything to her in the first place? Siwon walks back to his car flaggingly. Unconsciously messing his hair up and smacks his car angrily.

~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

well hello there. Someone says that my story is kinda confusing, and I'm sorry for that. do anyone else found my story confusing? I made the characters' transition clearer now hope that none of you will be confused again. 

as I was saying~

the story is going to be much more complex after this so the one who's confused, try not to skip the chapter ^^~ read it carefully, I'm sure my words are pretty understandable. comments are allowed everytime so don't hesitate ^-^ hahaha and sorry for the title, it's like a horror movie something. -_- kay then this will be good, until next time!!

hope u like the new update #teehee