Bizzare Day of Mourning

Let You Go?

Tiffany is staring empty to the ceiling in her room. It’s 6 in the morning and a few minutes ago Taeyeon just called her asking to go to the hospital because Mr. Hwang is in a critical condition. Tiffany doesn’t really have any guts to say that she didn’t really care, to her older sister. She wakes slowly and pull out a bunch of suitcases and starts packing her clothes and belongings.

Hello.” Tiffany made a call to book a plane ticket, “Give me the business class ticket to wherever Europe city this morningRome?okay. Yeahokay, thank you.”

She finished packing and starts pulling the suitcases out from her room. Her cellphone ringing continously and she keeps ignoring it.

 

Tiffany’s pov

I want some time by myself, I didn’t get use to this kind of feeling. My wedding is cancelled and I’ve been thinking for several times, I’m sure that somewhere in my heart I have this special feeling towards him, towards Siwon. And as much as I want him to come over here and stop me from going, you know like those cliché dramas I’ve seen, I just want him to stay away now. I’m still confused, and I don’t know how to react if I meet him.

Although if we have any chance, I’m willing to start this all over again.

I was waiting for my cab when suddenly the curiosity lead me to dad’s office. I walk around his desk and found all the related things to his work and also many of Taeyeon’s achievements that he had been hung on the wall for all this years. I’m trying to look one of mine maybe he hang it too somewhere. But it’s kinda impossible as I reckon I achieve less than Taeyeon...

Hmm. Well, maybe I am a disappointing daughter.

I sit on his chair, the big chair with the brown tight leather on it and rotate myself around. I never know that dad’s office can be cozy like this, no wonder he likes to spend all of his time in here. When I rotate it too fast, the papers falling to the floor, causing a little mess around the floor and desk. I fold it all up and thinking, since he’s not here, maybe these all should just be in the drawer.

Hey, wait a second, some stuff in the drawer is really interesting. I think I saw an old photograph.

End of pov

 

Tiffany took out three sheets of paper and read it all slowly. As she keeps reading and reading, and try to believe every inscription in it, she turns her attention to the old photograph.

Hwang Tiffany my youngest daughter. Aug 1st, 1989.” It’s written at the back of it.

Tiffany keeps reading the paper again and again. It’s Mr. Hwang’s handwriting, with a few notes and—unpleasant news—in it.

I keep thinking about this since Eunmi came into our life, and she also brought Tiffany over. I want to admit my mistakes to you, I cannot hold this any longer. Let’s just put the past behind us and continue our life, Eunmi is my biggest mistake and I will do anything to make it up to you, Soobin. But, please,Tiffany is also my daughter even though she’s not your daughter—“

Slowly she sheds her tears and try to look for more notes as the one she read before torn half. Another notes:

To Tiffany and Taeyeon, my daughters. I’m sorry if I always treated you both differently, it’s just the mistake that always haunting me“ this time it didn’t even make to the half of notes. Those notes are the evidences of what Mr. Hwang done, before she finds out about all of this, her father had an affair with a woman named Eunmi. She realized she’s not one of this family, but still she’s her daddy’s daughter.

All the memories coming back to her like a rolling film in her head. Tiffany remembers when she used to ask Taeyeon about the similarity of their faces. Why didn’t she look at least a bit like Taeyeon? And once when she’s in the middle high school, she heard her mom and dad arguing about her, and in the end her mom yells “Maybe it runs in her genes!” although she keeps saving the questions that had been popping up since then, she didn’t want to ask anybody.

The unstoppable comparison that every single person in this family did to her and Taeyeon.

How people looked at her when they came to celebrate her 5th birthday.

Everybody knows and none of them tell her.

Her phone rings, shocks her up like a high voltage coming in. Taeyeon calls her.

What? Why are you calling me?” answers her in a wailing voice.

Sobbing can heard across the phone, Taeyeon is also crying, “Dad—“ Tiffany pull her feet up to the chair and wrinkles her own body, she’s not ready for this, she knows the next words that Taeyeon might say. “Dad what? Pass away?” asks her in a flat tone. Taeyeon’s  sorrowful voice of crying is filling the phone.

***

 

 

All the way to the hospital Tiffany keeps crying and crying. Not mean that she’s sad about Mr. Hwang’s departure, but the feeling and also her curiosity, how she wants to ask all about this before she go somewhere else to clear off her mind. The cab stops in front of the hospital, and Tiffany runs inside after she asks the driver to wait. She brings along the notes, the will and also the photograph with her. She meets Jessica and Siwon in the lobby, they’re talking to each other in a serious expression. They must’ve already know about this, Tiffany assumed that she’s the last person to mourn. She decided to avoid both of them, she wants to meet Taeyeon, and her mom.

5th floor

Taeyeon is sitting in front of the mortuary, covering up and crying desperately. Tiffany stops not too far from her, and as she looks up and saw her, Taeyeon cries even harder.

I came here to give you these.” She hands out all the belongings she found in the drawer back in home. “I surely hope you won’t call me after this, I’m going to change my number.”

What? What are you talking about?” Taeyeon asks her back.

Just read those things, it will come around later. And tell mom I say hi, I’m going to Rome to clear off my mind.

What the heck Tiffany what are you talking about??!! Don’t you have a heart?! Our dad passed away just a couple hours ago! And you came telling me this non sense things and giving me this stuff likewhere are you going??!

I’m going to Rome, didn’t I mention it to you before?” Tiffany keeps walking away from Taeyeon, who’s sitting mindlessly and didn’t have any idea what to do. Suddenly she stops crying and chase Tiffany to the front of elevator.

No. You can’t go anywhere, not until you tell me what’s going on with you!” she grab her arm tightly and glares furiously.

Let go of me! Just read those!!! I have a plane to catch!!” yells Tiffany. Minutes later, they start scratching each other and Tiffany can’t hold the desire of pulling Taeyeon’s hair out. The elevator beside them opens up, bringing out Siwon and Jessica whom immediately see what happened.

What are you two doing? Stop fighting between the elevator’s door, one of you can get hurt!” yells Siwon as he try to pull Taeyeon away from Tiffany and Jessica tries to pull Tiffany as well to get out from the elevator. Finally Siwon made it to pull Taeyeon out and just then the elevator’s door shutting up, bringing Tiffany down to the lobby. Jessica grumbles in front of it and keep pushing the ‘down’ button, hoping it would slides open again so she can grab Tiffany out and give her a slight choke on her neck.

No, Jessica. You stay here, I’ll go after her.” said Siwon.

Can I go with you? I wanna choke her.” answers Jessica ignorantly as she rubs her arm in pain because Tiffany skimming it forcefully to make her way to the elevator.

Noyou should stay here and accompany her.” whispers Siwon as he slightly pointing to Taeyeon.

Siwon runs down the stairs and made it to the lobby, where he can see Tiffany making her way out to the hospital’s front door, there’s a taxi outside waiting for her. He knows that she’ll go somewhere and not returning for a long time. The feeling is just there and that’s why he runs as fast as he can to stop her from going, before Tiffany can close the car’s door, Siwon hold it tight and pulls her out from the taxi.

What is it with you and Taeyeon, why won’t you let me go??!” Tiffany yells on his face and push him away.

 

Siwon’s pov

I took my deepest breath and try to control myself. I barely breathing in the right way after all this running around chasing for her. Man, she’s really scary right now. Her hair is messy and her cheeks covered with the scratch wounds. That was really the first time I finally saw her and Taeyeon fighting like that. The wounds are scary, her cheeks are literally bleeding. Seeing Taeyeon’s face and arms, I consider they’re both having sharp and long fingernails.

What? Are you going to stop me now?” asks her in an arrogant tone, folding her arms in front of me.

Yeah. I will stop you from going, as everyone in this situation, with you, even if it’s not me, has to stop you from going anywhere. Didn’t you know that Mr. Hwang has passed away? Didn’t you have any feelings, sadness, regrets??

Her stares soften up a little bit and her expression changes, now she’s turning to that Tiffany whom I knew. She stares to my eyes and I can see her eyes are glistening. Now she’s going to cry? I’m afraid that she might have loosing it, one minute she’s angry, the next thing you know she’s sad. I come up to her and pats her shoulder gently, I can feel she’s dodging back and being cautious.

He’s the one who should be sad, and having regrets, not me.”

What?

My dad is the one who suppose to feel all of that, not me. I’m not the one who’s making mistakes.”

Okay, okay. You’re innocent.” I’m not trying to argue anything at this situation. I just want to ask her a few questions. “So, where are you going now?

I’m going to Rome, I just book the ticket this morning. And I’m going to drink a lot of champagne~ and I’m going to party hard~” she’s giggling in front of me, like all things she said just then is a joke. I frown my forehead, what is she doing, is she really loosing it?

Why are you staring at me like that, Siwon? I’m okay!” No, dear, you’re not okay, if you just let me to heal you and make you feel better instead of running away to the freaking Rome. “Stop staring at me like I have tons of problem. I’ll forget it easily.” She crawls into the taxi and opens the window. “I’ll be back.” She’s forcing her smile, she’s not okay, the wounds on her cheeks are getting worse.

Oh. The last thing, I cannot hold this any longer if I want to party hard and be happy later, from the moment when you stand in the church, I fell for you. And honestly, the cancellation of our wedding pissed me off, I can’t stop thinking about you after that. Hope you understand. Now, I’ll be going. Au revoir! Oh wait, that's not Italian!"  

My jaws dropped open, she jokes around in a time like this? And the next thing I know, the taxi has made its way out from the hospital. That girl drives me crazy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


hi!!! TT^TT so it's been awhile now, I've been experiencing difficulties from this chapter and I hope you can still follow the story 

bahahaha

I'm sorry it takes too long to update. Simply, Tiffany is going mad, Mr. Hwang is passing away, Taeyeon is also going mad. Jessica will fly back to New York or maybe chase Tiffany away to Rome. wohoho indescribable~
I will also have difficulties for the next chapters because I'm back to school already~ hope you all understand^^~

thank you for reading! I expect comments and new subscribers ^o^ lol..

okay then, until next time.