"By the way, you look really familiar!"

Let You Go?

 

Exactly at the 7th days Tiffany had spent in Italy, she’s getting worried. Siwon and Taeyeon could’ve just fly here to seek for her, Jessica works at a fashion magazine, Milan is one of her destinations if people in her office going to send her off. Yesterday Tiffany talks a lot with Donghae, but mostly it’s her who’s talking and he’s sometimes picking on her by taking some of her pictures secretly or by just laughing at her expressions. Tiffany chuckles by herself when she remember the fun time she had with him yesterday. Apparently, today Donghae has to go to Milan for a fashion show, he’s going to shot some pictures and gave it to someone from a magazine, which Tiffany surely hope is not Jessica.

The chance is so small but every little thing that relates to them is making Tiffany worried. She’s planning about culinary traveling today and the last thing she wants is meeting Siwon, Taeyeon or even Jessica. She didn’t tell anything about the problem back in Korea to Donghae nor even tell a story about the three of them. So she figured that she’s save now. Not taking any chance, Tiffany walks out from the hotel by pulling her hair up to a ponytail and put on a big classic nerdy style glasses. Though she’s still a bit recognizeable.

 

Jessica’s pov

Yeay, I’m in Italy now. I arrived at about 7am this morning, not taking any future mistakes and get pissed off by those people in my office, and also Ms. Natalie, I decided to take off sooner than her. I’m such a brilliant worker. Italy is really nice, to be exact, Milan. I just can’t believe I’m actually here, and the fashion show starts at 1.30pm, I still got so many times. Ah. I should sleep more.

–Nope. My phone is ringing, won’t understand that I’m still under the jetlag effects. Errrh, very disturbing.

Hello.” I try to sound as polite as I can when I see the caller’s ID.

Ms. Jung have you contact Mr. Lee yet? Make sure you offers him an agreement!

Oh crrrrrrrrrrrapppppp. I totally forgot I’m coming here to also find him and talk about the photoshots. Mrs. Huffman,  my editor in chief gave me his number yesterday and there’s no such thing as ‘I don’t even know his number ma’am so forget it, let’s find another photographer.’ Blah. Okay, okay, I’ll call him. “Yes ma’am, right away.” And she disconnects the conversation. This job is such a pain in the , I remember when I used to be a trainee and all I did in the office is bringing everybody a cup of coffee. That stressed me very much. Oh yeah, I have to call him now.

I knock my fingernails on to the table and glance far to the window, where Milan can be seen clearly. The dialling tone keeps tuning like he didn’t even bother to pick up. –“Hello” Finally!

Finally.

But wait, what should I say first? I haven’t heard anything from him for such a long time I don’t have any idea what to say. Maybe I should just greet him first, “Hello.” Long pause, and I continue again, “Is this Lee Donghae? The photographer from Korea?” what a stupid question, yes of course he’s from Korea, just look at his name. Okay, I used Korean instead to make this conversation more comfortable.

Yes. This is him speaking.” He answers again, “Who is this?

Should I really do this?? Errrrh. “Umm...I’m Jessica, from Marie Claire magazine. In New York city.” I try my best to sound like someone else. And then I forgot I was speaking in Korean. Damn I’m so clumsy. “I was wondering thatif you don’t mindhelping me in a Milan fashion show?” I carefully asks him. Long pause and I thought he hung up on me.

Oh? Yeah sure, since you’re also Korean.” He laughs, “I can help you, photos for your article in the magazine, right? No problem. We can meet later at the ballroom, be sure to come earlier because I’m not going to sit at the guests’ row.

I already know that. Okay still, thanks for the information. And now I am bewildered on where I stand, he asks to meet at the ballroom. That means he’s going to see my face and like it or not we’re going to meet up anyway. “Hello? Are you still there?” he asks again. Ah, his voice, it’s really familiar to my ears. And just like that I let that old memories came up to me again.

Yeah! I’m still here. Anyway, thank you so much. I really appreciate this.

Okay, let me know if you arrive there first. I only use this phone number. See you later.” Then the conversation ends just like that. Yes, so he doesn’t recognize my voice at all. Glad that he doesn’t.

End of pov

 

The ballroom, 12.50pm

Jessica looks around her. She dress herself up in cover so Donghae can’t see her real face. She didn’t get this either why she bother to dress up looking almost like somebody else, she’s worried that Ms. Natalie couldn’t notice her later. But she has to keep the dressing up thing, because she’s sitting at the front row. She called him just then, telling that she arrived earlier. Donghae answers that he will go as soon as he can.

10 minutes later at exatly 1pm, someone tap Jessica’s shoulder from the back. She’s stunged on her spot and turn around awkwardly. Donghae is smiling behind her with a camera hanging down his neck and a big black clear holder of portfolios in his hand. “Are you Jessica, the one who spoke to me on the phone before?

Jessica nods formally and bows down a little bit. “Nice meeting you.” she hands out her right hand and nodding once again when Donghae shakes her hand. Donghae is busy with his camera and the portfolios on his hands, one at the time he looks up and smiles at Jessica, signing that she has to wait for the right portfolios.

Aha!” he suddenly yells in excitement when he found the right photo, “There you go! I can help you with the rest of ‘em. We’ll meet again later, okay?” he raised his hand up to say goodbye and just before he blends in to the crowd, he turn around and says, “By the way, Jessica-ssi? You look really familiar!” as he giggles and walks away.

 

***

-Flashback-

Jessica Jung is on her way to a fancy restaurant in Seoul to meet her boyfriend, whom at that time, she didn’t want to introduce to her best friend, Tiffany. She just got back from the high school graduation, leaving Tiffany behind and says that she would join the celebration’s party later. Jessica walks out from her car and walks quickly inside. She’s looking around the place when suddenly a hand is waving at her, signing that he’s sitting on that table. Jessica walks to him, half running in her little steps.

Oppa.” She greets him sweetly and making her smile looks cute.

The man smiles handsomely as he pinch his nostril in an unique way, he ruffles his own hair casually and clears his throat. Jessica is waiting for him to say anything, she’s drinking her orange juice with anticipation.

What is it, oppa? Why did you call me to meet up here?” she asks.

The man looks down and clears his throat once again, “I’m going to move out.” He stares into both of Jessica’s eyes and took a deep breath, “I’m going to move out from Korea.

Jessica’s lips’ parted open and she’s stop drinking the orange juice. As she couldn’t believe what he just said earlier, she laughs awkwardly and tuck her hair behind her ear. The man in front of her just went silent and gazing to her eyes, didn’t say anything. “Are you serious?” Jessica slowly questions him.

Donghae nods slowly, and timidly stares to her eyes.

Jessica’s eyes slowly glares open and tears are starting to fall as bend over, making a pout.  Donghae stares at her carefully, trying to figure out her facial expressions. He fold up his arms and facepalming when he finally knows that this is not going to end beautifully. He told Jessica about his passion of being a photographer and that insist him to travel everywhere, taking nice and beautiful shots to practice. But Jessica seems to not understand as she’s quietly sobbing on her chair now.

Jessica...” Donghae calls her name to calm her down but she’s just crying even harder.

So that means all we had for all this time should just going to an end?” Jessica lift her chin up and wipe her tears.

Donghae tries so hard to swallow his own saliva down to his throat and as his eyes are also tearing up, he answers calmly, “Yes.

Jessica stares deeply to his eyes and nodding restrainedly, Donghae couldn’t help seeing her blushing face and tears on both of her cheeks. He shook his head and look down, then they both went silent for a while.

***

Jessica stood silent on her spot when suddenly Ms. Natalie come to her and asks her to come in. "I knew it was you! Why did you stand all alone outside, it's almost starts! Come, quick!"

"Oh! Okay! Yeah, sorry!" she finally answers and half running towards Ms. Natalie.

 

 

 

 

 


hi guys!!

omg finally I can update ㅠ_ㅠ I've been busy with school and although yesterday I want to update this fic, but I'm feeling too tired. Lol.

so~~ yeah Donghae and Jessica met up!! will Fany get in the picture too? hehe all you have to do is keep following my story :D comments and subscribe! ^^