“Tiffany is my future bride, and that’s it.”

Let You Go?

Siwon excuse himself from the office’s room to go to the restroom. While he wash his face and comb his hair neatly, he turn on his cellphone and waits for some notifications it will have. First, there’s a voicemail and he calls the operator to hear it. Long silence and a few beeping sound until Tiffany’s voice blurts out.

PICK UP! Your mom and my mom are here!!!!” Siwon frowns his eyebrow, confused. He then dial Tiffany’s cell phone and waits for her to answer.

Siwon!!! Siwon-ah finally!” she yells in panic.

What? What are you doing? Whymy mom and your mom are still there??” his voice is echoing in the men’s restroom.

I don’t know!! Yes, they’re still standing at the front, I don’t know whyyour momthere’s someone calling your home phone this morning—wait! Are you the one who gave my new number to Taeyeon?

Siwon frowns his eyebrow deeper than before, Tiffany just spitted out few questions randomly. He didn’t know which one to answer first. “Okay, calm down. Yes, I gave your number to her, why? And then, who calls my apartment this morning? Aren’t you supposed to meet your mom?

NO! I don’t want to meet her—I mean, she’s going to be like freaking yelling at me. You know—“

Siwon holds his forehead assuming that it would help him to gain an idea. But still he stood silent in front of the mirror, no idea. Both of them went silent for a long time and Tiffany starts again. “Well? Shouldn’t you do something to make both of them go away? They’re attacking the doorbell! And knocking for several times, and I don’t want to meet them!

Okay, okay. I’ll call my mom.”

***

 

Misook and Soobin are giving up after Siwon called her mom and asking her to go out for a lunch. Now the three of them are sitting in a restaurant near Siwon’s office. Misook had been asking who’s the girl in Siwon’s apartment and he’s answering it very well. Succeeded at making his mom believed that the girl in his apartment is not Tiffany, Siwon gets up from his chair and politely saying goodbye to the two of them.

Take care, son!” said Misook. Siwon answers it with a slight wave from his hand and went to his car to drive back to the office. He breathe relievely in the car as he confident that his mom is no longer suspecting him. His cellphone rings again. “Hello, Tiffany, everything’s clear.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!” said Tiffany from across, giving a little smooch before she hung up. Siwon put his cellphone away from his ear and stared at it in disbelief. He chuckles and drives faster.

 

 

 

The office’s hours are officially finished for that day, Siwon grab his bag and walks away to the elevator after he tidy up some paper on his desk.

Good evening, Mr. Choi.

He nods back to the secretary and gets in the elevator. The basement looking half empty without so many employer’s cars parked around, Siwon’s car parked not too far from the elevator, the place where he always used to park his car. As soon as the car’s opened, he turns on the machine and untied his tie. The car’s clock shows 11.30pm and he starts steering out from the basement, slowly driving home.

 

Ah, Mr. Choi!” greets the apartment’s receptionist when he arrived at the lobby, carrying his suit on his shoulder and holding his bag at the right side.

Good evening.” He smiles and walks quickly to the elevator.

He reached his pocket to grab the house’s key and opens up the door. Found Tiffany sleeping peacefully on the couch, he put down his bag and hang his suit besides the door. The table is filled with dinner’s meals. She prepared all of it for him, when he thought that he precisely mentioned that he will go home late tonight. Siwon smiles and took a piece of shrimp from the meal, he sits right beside her and starts chewing it. Tiffany moves a bit by noticing his movement and opens her eyes slowly.

Oh! It’s you!” she immediately jumps up from her sleep and sits beside him.

You cooked all of those?” asks him.

 

Tiffany’s pov

Hffffff, what could be better than seeing a man coming home from his office? Look, he untied his tie and his collar stood up in a messy way, he scrolled up his sleeves and leaving his arms showing up like that. He looks tired, and abnormally handsome at the same time. And then he asks me if I cooked all of those meals, darling, are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me?” I tap his shoulder slightly, “I can’t cook. I bought all of those.” Well, honestly yeah I can’t cook and I don’t like kitchen. So—

He laughs and finish up the shrimp he took from the meal. Awwww, I love observing him from this close. He just made me fall for him more. And now I don’t want to deny it anymore like the last time I met him. But, a flash of thought about Donghae came up to me, I start wondering how he had been doing there, when will he come back. I’m afraid of losing my one and only family—real family. My eyes starts wondering anywhere around the living room. The next thing I know Siwon walks back bringing a plate of spaghetti and asks me to eat it together with him. Then I realized that I want to talk about this to him. About my real status in the family, and except the worst from him, I mean, I’m not the real Hwang even though literally Mr. Hwang is my father. But, I feel like I don’t belong there. I’m not a part from that wealthy family.

Siwon-ah.

Hmm?” he rolls the spaghetti and stab a meatball with the fork and eats it all up before he starts paying his attention to me.

II want to.....tell you. I wanted to tell you about something.

He put down the fork and moves the plate onto his lap, “Then tell me.”

Now his attention is fully directed to me, I don’t know how to start this, I don’t even know why he’s the first person whom I want to share this story with.

End of pov

 

 

Tiffany starts biting her fingernails as a sign of how nervous she really is. She starts with the runaway story, why did she ran away in the day of Mr. Hwang’s funeral. She left everything behind including his will. Siwon listens to her carefully and sometimes her shoulder gently when she’s about to shed a tear. Tiffany comes to the part where she meets her half brother in Italy, Donghae.

“—He literally confessed to me, and I.....I found that picture between his portfolio of my candid pictures. And that moment I realized that he’s related to me....” she starts crying and Siwon wipes her tears away.

When the story becomes emotional Siwon embrace her right to his chest. She holds on to his waist as the tears starts rolling faster down to her cheeks. “Why is it that when I see you, usuallyand oftenlyyou are crying?” he asks her, indirectly the sadness in her makes him sad too. Tiffany didn’t answer him and just keeps sobbing in his hug, leaning her head on his chest.

Instead of answering the question, she looks up to him and says, “Don’t let go of me, okay? I like being hugged.” Between her sobbing voices.

 

Siwon’s pov

Tiffany. I may never understand the way she thinks because she looks so much like a puppy, sometimes she will bite you and sometimes she’ll look so weak and beg for protection, and love from you. Just like now, when she beg for me to not let her go. She makes my shirt wet because of her tears and her warm breathing hit my chest. How can I let her go? She didn’t even have to tell me that, I won’t let her go.

I wish I could just state my feeling clearly to her, because I can’t really tell our relationship right now. In addition, my mom didn’t like her really much. And it’s torturing me when my mom forbid me to liking and marrying her. I never argued with my mom’s decision, everything she choose is right from the very first moment. Not to mention her unsolved problem in her family, Mrs. Hwang didn’t look so bright back when I had a lunch with her.

But I love Tiffany. Then, now, tomorrow. I’m sure of my feeling. And I’m sure she feels the same way too. What should I do? If I ask her to run away, she would completely agree, because she’s that type of a person. But I’m worrying about myself, what will my mom said about it? All I know is that Tiffany is my future bride, and that’s it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


:)