Siblings

Let You Go?

Beautiful Tuesday morning in Rome, Italy. Tiffany is just getting ready to take a shower as she walks half tipsy from her bed. She ordered a few bottles of liquor last night and drink it on her own. She was so sure that she didn’t feel sad at all on the last couple of days but then after she spends a week or more in Rome by herself, she’s now know what’s it like to missed people that were close.

Just then her phone rings. Tiffany jumps a little bit on her spot as her mind went walking everywhere, lots of thoughts clouding in her head. She picks up the phone and stood silent for a while, until the caller have to greet her first. “Hello?! Tiffany, are you there?” Donghae’s voice.

 

Tiffany’s pov

Oh. It’s Donghae, I thought it was him, who surprisingly knows my new number and ends up calling me and asking me how I’ve been doing. But Donghae is okay too. At least I’m not that lonely.

Oh, it’s you. What’s up?

He’s mumbling something at the beginning of the conversation and I took out a cigarette. Now the hotel’s room is filled with cigarette’s smoke, I better get into the bathroom and fill the bathtub, feels like taking a bath. I pluck the petals out and spreads it to the water. I throw my clothes randomly on the floor, Donghae keeps blabbering on the phone about how the fashion show goes yesterday, (which entirely about the hot female models around him) and of course, about a girl he met at the show.

So listen! I finally going straight to the point of this story. There’s this girl from New York—“ I was putting my phone on a loudspeaker mode so I can hear him very clear when he said ‘New York’. I rose up from the tub and hold on to both side of it.

What did you say about New York again??” I yell out.

“—Your voice is echoing, are you in the bathroom, Tiffany-ssi?” and I swear I can hear Donghae’s giggling across the phone, ha ha this is so embarassing, so I can only imagine that he’s now making fantasies of me being . I walk out from the bathtub, being all uncomfortable with slippery bubbles all over my body and wipe my hands. Slowly I take my phone and went outside the bathroom.

Can I just hear what you said about this girl from New York.” I blow a smoke out of my mouth unpatiently.

Why so eager?” he keeps giggling and snickering, “Are you jealous, Tiffany-ssi?

Yah. Can you just stop whatever you are doing now, and no I wasn’t in the bathroom, I was in this lots of space room which is still empty, explaining why my voice is echoing.” I lied.

Okay, okay, I’ll continue.” So Donghae continue the story about the New York girl, and he said that she’s an Asian, which is a rare thing that happened in an International’s magazine company and he try to make a joke when he state that she’s dressing rather weird, but then that’s how magazine’s people usually dressed. And what surprised me the most is that her name is—Jessica. Which Jessica would I guess? Asian, works in a magazine company, from New York. That must be Jessica Jung, no other else.

***

 

8 am

Siwon is busy pressing the doorbell on the side of Taeyeon’s room. He guess that she’s not awake yet but then he has to tell her about this. Moments later a chirping yet deep voice come from inside, signing that Taeyeon is awake and will open the door for him in a few seconds. “I’m coming, I’m coming!! Sheez.” Siwon leans onto the wall beside the door and it pulls open.

Oh! Good morning Siwon-ssi.” Taeyeon greets him, still half awake as she rubs her entire face roughly.

Jessica is also in Italy, come on we’ve got to hurry if we want to find her!” suddenly he’s all up and high spirited, with Taeyeon that still yawning on her place, seeing Siwon is already on his way to his room. Right before he slides the card key, he yells at her again, “Come on! We have to find Tiffany!” and now he’s making it clear that he’s in rush. Taeyeon scratches her head confusedly as she try to put all the words together and understand.

OH!! Right! Tiffany!!” she runs back inside and rushing to get ready.

 

 

 

Donghae’s pov

I know this is really inappropriate and imagining about a girl whom you barely knows, being in a bathroom is really insane. I don’t know why she gave me a silent reaction on my story about this Jessica girl, after I told her that the girl’s name is Jessica, her respond was just “O.” And then she hung up. Sometimes I just really don’t understand girls. Seriously.

And before she hung up on me, she ask me if I can drive her to the airport. Oh now she’s planning to go somewhere else. Alright then, I’ll assume that this is gonna be a goodbye so I have to prepare my farewell present to her. A portfolio, full of her candid pictures. That will be awesome! Good thing I was printing her photos yesterday, she’s going to be so happy. I was feeling kinda sad when she wants to go somewhere else again, honestly I’d rather want her to stay. My working area is a mess, photos everywhere and papers. I pick all the paper and arrange it randomly beside my desk, tidying up is surely not my favorite thing. A photo slips out from a clear folder and it was that photo, of me and my mom—and my sister, 20 years ago.

I thought I got rid of this for a long time ago, but I guess I can’t do that. I slip it between my files instead. I don’t want to look at this anymore. Maybe I should just put this into another clear folder.

My phone lights up and vibrating continously,

Pick me up at 9, please? I need to go, asap! >.<           --TF.”

I chuckles upon her text. Then gather her photos together in a clear folder, and snatch the car’s key.

***

 

 

Tiffany Hwang? She’s just checking out about 15-20 minutes ago, miss.” said the receptionist to Jessica.

The three of them had arrive at the hotel where Tiffany is staying the other days, and it’s like she already know what could happen, she checked out a few minutes ago. It’s like she’s trying so hard to avoid them, but then Taeyeon insist that this is just a coincidence. Tiffany would never realize that they can catch her up to Italy. Siwon on the other side looks anxious and disappointed.

We’ll get her, I promise.” said Jessica as she pats her stepbrother’s shoulder.

Now what should we do, she’s probably on her way somewhere we didn’t even have any idea of.” Taeyeon blurts out and put her palms on her face.

No. Think about it, she’s checking out. She’s going somewhere else again.” Jessica is patting both of their shoulders together.

Siwon looks up and snaps his finger, “So? Should we go catch her up to the airport, now?

 

 

Tiffany is looking around the street anxiously, Donghae is taping his fingers following the rhythm of the song from the radio in the car. She fix her sunglasses’ position and breathe heavily, Donghae keeps taping his fingers adding the nodding of his head to the song now. He’s mumbling the lyrics and tries to invite Tiffany to sing too.

Can you—“ Tiffany tries to stop him.

Donghae’s mumbling goes louder.

Donghae.” She glance at him behind her sunglasses.

He’s driving slowly through the green light and completely singing to the song now. Tiffany reflexly turning off the radio.

Heeeey. That was my favorite song!” he grumbles. No matter how cute he is right now, she cannot stay calm and just want to get mad at him.

Can you just please stop singing and drive a little bit faster?! I’m rushing here!

Okay, okay. My bad, madam.” Donghae answers sarcasticly, “But before you go, madam. Can you check my farewell present first?” Tiffany rolls her eyes and starts blurting out again, before she could finish Donghae hands her the portfolio. She shuts immediately and breathe out a deep sigh as she opens up the portfolio. The first photo is her trying to pick up her suitcase, when she first arrived in Italy! The fact that these photos were taken secretly shocks and flatters Tiffany at the same time.

You took my pictures......since I first arrived here?Oh mythis is when I saw the D&G advertisement!” Tiffany covers in surprised and keeps flipping the pages. Throwing stares beside her, Donghae is busy spinning the steering wheel to turn around at the corner of the street.

You’re interesting.” he said, and he smiles to her as the car stops again at the red light.

Tiffany chuckles awkwardly and pats his shoulder, “I don’t understand why I can met up with such an interesting person like you. You’re the one who’s interesting.” Those words came out from just like that and Donghae’s expression slowly changes, from happy to shyness. Reaching the last pages of the portfolios, a photo slips down from it, “Oh!” gasps Tiffany as she pick it up beside her feet.

She pays attention to it carefully, guessing that it’s a childhood picture of Donghae. The little boy looks like him, with his mom at the middle holding a baby girl in her arms. It strikes so fast just when Tiffany recognize his mom’s face and the baby girl’s. It’s the same like the one she found in her dad’s office. Tiffany put down her sunglasses and narrowing her eyes to the picture, to make sure that she’s not mistaken.

What are you doing?? Where did you found it?!!” suddenly Donghae’s yelling is fulfilled the car. Making Tiffany squeals surprisedly on her seat and found out that Donghae is pulling over just to grab the picture back from her hands.

II...I didn’t know it was yoursIt slipped out from the portfolios—“

Donghae snatch it from her hands and making Tiffany stung on her spot once again, that feeling when somebody caught you and assume you’re doing something wrong but actually you’re not. “I’m sorry. I, I didn't mean to—” she whispers. Donghae shook his head and put it on to the steering wheel. Tiffany reach out her hands to hold his shoulder but decided to just call him up and asks something instead. “Donghae?Is that....Is that your mom?

Long time of silence and suddenly Donghae nodding his head, still putting his head on the steering wheel. Tiffany is throwing her glances around the street outside the car and glancing back at him, his shoulder starts moving up and down, she just wants to do something right now but she didn’t have any idea. “Donghae?

What.” Answers him quickly as he looks up and rubs his tears away.

So—“ she timidly wants to asks again and carefully observe his expression, “Who’s the baby that she’s holding in her arms?” Donghae frowns and turn off the car’s engine, he changes the way he sit and now they’re facing each other, with Donghae leaning back to his side of car’s door.

Whywhy did you even ask?” he frowns his eyebrow deeper than before and fold his arms, his expression is questioning why would she even ask about something that's not her business at all

Tiffany glance panicly to her wristwatch as she surprised by the time but still she has to know about the truth of that photo. Because she’s completely sure that the woman in the photo is also her mom, Jang Eunmi. And with Donghae sitting in front of her right now, and admitted himself as her son, wouldn’t that make both of them...related?

Is your mom’s nameJang Eunmi?” she swallows down her saliva through and waits for the next thing that will happen. The scary thoughts came up to her as Donghae’s eyes glared open straight to hers, he squeeze the picture in his hand until all of its sides wrinkled up leaving just the back side of it that could be seen.

Yes. She’s Jang Eunmi.” And that last statement made Tiffany’s jaw dropped, her eyes glistens up full with disbelief as she shook her head continously. Donghae frowns deeper and deeper trying to figure out the bizarre situation they're having right now, Tiffany won't say anything else after that. He looks outside and notice it starts raining. "Tiffany-ssi? Tiffany. Say something, will you? How did you know my mother's name?"

She looks up and saw his face being not too far from hers and she starts sheding tears. "Tiffany??! No, don't cry. Aish, what happened to you? Why are you acting like this?" Donghae holds her shoulders and it gently. The rain falls even harder and it's 10 am. Tiffany had missed her flight back to Korea.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hello!!! Finally I got a chance to update my fic. sobs it's been a week, hasn't it? I hope you like this chapter since I drain all my ideas to put it into this part. Lol. So~ like I said, there's no triangle :D

It's just siblings. #TEEHEE

I cannot say anything more. Drop me some comments guys! and also subscribe :)