Rebel

Let You Go?

 

It’s a bright Sunday morning for Tiffany as she wakes up with a cup of tea and a pancake beside her bed. Shortly after she remembers that she’s very drunk last night and didn’t have any idea what’s going on next. She sits slowly on her bed, massaging her head and look around, her bathroom’s door is opened, the maid is inside cleaning it. Then she decide to leave the rest of her breakfast behind, she goes downstairs and as soon as possible hear people arguing with each other.

Now you listen to me, you’re the one who’s spoiling her too much after all this time!” the bigger voice is her dad’s. While she’s busy drinking her cup of tea and watching them fighting not too far from the living room, her mom fights back.

I’m the one who’s spoiling her too much, oh let’s see. Who bought her a new lamborghini and begged her to just stay here? And begged her to not go to Germany to continue her college? Wasn’t it you??!

 

Tiffany’s pov

Aishhh, these people won’t stop. From the minute when I just woke up trying to get my peaceful breakfast they ruined it immediately. Why won’t they just shut up? I don’t want to calm they down again, not anymore. Their problems are not mine from now, I just be a nice, quiet girl. So I walk passed between them, and they stopped like someone had just “SSSSHHHH!” them down.

Tiffany? You’re already woke up?” asked mom. Well, duh? So as I drank the last sip of my tea, I turned around and gave them both my most cynical stares, though I think I failed. I consider my eyesmile is the weak point from me, because it didn't help at all when I was angry, it keeps being cute. “Well? I walked down here, heard all your arguments, and drank my tea. What did I miss?” and slowly I walk to the kitchen and search for some more food.

Your father and I were just discussing about your college.” Mom starts again. Sheez, mom. This is so lame, weren’t they paying any attention to me while I was watching all of their arguments from the stair? Do they really have to pretend to cover it up. I rolled my eyes sarcasticly and closed the refrigerator. “Gee, mom, I thought you two are arguing with each other? Not like you called as ‘discussing’? Anyway I depart for New York tomorrow, I wanna meet Jessica there.” I said as I rub the whole bunch of peanut butter on to the bread.

What? No Tiffany Hwang, you cannot just go everywhere everyday! What about your college, what about your future, your job, how your life will turns out? Didn’t you think about it?!” now dad’s on charge. Great, everybody’s nagging, all I need now is just a glass of tequilla and I’ll be fine. Errrr, or maybe partying all night in a club? Hah I don’t know, I don’t want to stay home at a condition like this.

End of pov

Monday morning when Tiffany checked her suitcase again make sure that everything’s inside. Grab her passport and phone and rush out of the room.

Tiffany! Didn’t you hear what your father said yesterday?! No travels around from now on!

Ugh mom, don’t try to stop me okay. I do what I want. Now tell dad that I’m leaving.” She answers as she took out a cigarette, burn it and smokes. Her mom just shakes her head off and standing speechlessly at the door looking at her daughter walking away.

***

 

John F. Kennedy, New York’s International airport. 7pm

Tiffany is busy clicking the keypad on her phone as she walks to the luggage station where everybody’s crowding for their suitcases. She grumbles a lot when the crowd increases more and more, she couldn’t barely see her suitcase between these tall people, she’s too small around them. Finally she decides to force her way up to the front with pushing everybody’s aside and didn’t really care if they’re gonna scold her. “Just trying to get my damn suitcase here, people.” she replies.

Successfully, she made it. She drag her suitcase and walks away immediately from that crowded spot. JFK airport, busiest airport in NYC. “Yeah. Tell me about it.” She sarcasticly grumbles to herself. Not too far from the passport stamping station she saw a blonde head Asian girl standing in front of the travel ads between the duty free store. Jessica Jung. Her best buddy ever.

That girl with a hand beside her waist and her cold attitude while chewing a bubble gum, keep reading the travel ads without noticing that Tiffany already stands behind her.

You know you’re gonna pissed someone off if you keep putting on that expression, .”

Jessica turns her head around with an annoyed expression, she looks like she wants to kick someone’s face. And turns out it was her best friend who said that, she smiles ridiculously and starts laughing hard. “You’re crazy!! I thought you were some random strangers that came up and I was totally planned about slapping your face!!” she playfully hit her shoulder and starts hugging her tightly. “Tiffany!!! How are you, I missed you so much. It’s been four months, isn’t it?!” she begins to carry Tiffany’s other suitcase, and walks in front of her.

You should’ve look at your face when I called you. HAHAHA. Yeah, it’s been four months. So what’s up? What are you doing here, I thought you were supposed to be in L.A.?

Yeah I kinda want to try something else, I want to work at a magazine company and New York is so far had been the best choice. What about you? College, and old fashion parents, have you work it out?

Nah, they won’t let me choose my future by myself. I’m sick to hear their silly arguments every single happy morning in my life. And by the way, Seoul is starting to bores me. What should I do?” Tiffany took out a cigarette and as always, smoking. Jessica opens up widely as if she saw something really unusual. “Haven’t I forbid you to smoke, Hwang Tiffany?” she stood in front of her and put her arm beside her waist again, her regular pose.

I can’t stop, okay? How did you do it anyway?” Tiffany complains earnestly.

I stopped because I care about my health. Don’t you?” Jessica paused and sighing dramatically, she pick the suitcase up and starts talking again. “Anyway I’d like to meet you up with my brother. He’s a charming gentleman, you know. Maybe you could get along with him, since he likes Dolce and Gabbana too.” Tiffany smokes her cigarette deeply and finally came up to her senses and respond “What? Your brother? The one with that drug’s case? No thanks.

Jessica hit her arms and Tiffany groans in pain, clueless about her brothers. “I have two brothers.” she grumbles. “This is not the one with the drug’s case, this is my second older brother, with a successful story and a bright brain. Yeah okay maybe you're never saw him before but I tell you the rest, later.” Jessica talked so fussy. And Tiffany just stares at her, keep blowing the smokes out from her cigarette and replies, “Okay, looking forward to it."

 

 

 


Yeah this is just the beginning, you're going to love the next chapters I swear xD 
Comments and subscribe~!^^