Book Two - Chapter Seven

World Domination / JYP Entertainment New Girl Group (Closed)

It was seven o'clock in the morning when the girls were standing on stage for Music Bank. Because they were a rookie group, they needed to practice several days before their actual performance.

To be frank, it wasn't going well.

"Okay ladies, from the start!" the director yelled. The music played and the nine girls rushed to their positions. Their song, Follow Me and Get Up, were two songs they were going to promote. Get Up would be their leading title but Follow Me would be their opening performance. Even though follow me was a very short performance, it was the most tiring one as well. There were a lot of difficult movements, all too fast. Though no acrobatics, there were still tiring floor-like exercises to perform. Remember BAP's oneshot during the chorus where it looks like they are doing push ups? Yeah, something like those.

"Stop the music!" the director yelled. "What's your name?" he pointed to a girl.

"Me? Ai... Jung Ai," she replied shyly.

"Ai... what the hell was that? You didn't even bother to bend down properly. Those weren't your lyrics so why the hell did you have your head up? And you!" he pointed at Lihua, "Stop lip syncing, actually sing!"

"We were told not to, to protect our voices," Lihua told back to him.

"That's right," Snow quickly stepped in to defend her.

"I don't care, now do I? You two need an attitude adjustment. Go away and fix your hair or whatever, be back here in half an hour, all of you!" he almost screamed at them. The nine girls descended down to backstage and into their rooms, passing by BTS who were on their way. They bowed politely to each other before closing the door behind him.

"I want to shove this bottle up where it doesn't shine for him," Ayako gritted through his teeth.

"How can he speak to us like that?" Lihua exclaimed in frustration. "Doesn't he realize we are only human?"

"Again! A bottle! Where it doesn't shine!" Ayako lifted an inappropriate finger into the air. The rest of the girls just collapsed on the couches and sipped on the water they were holding in their hands.

"My feet are cramping," Rose murmured, bending over to massage her legs.

"I know a really cool technique to get rid of leg muscle pains," Mayvin jumped up from the couch to go over and help Rose. Mayvin started patting and massaging Rose's leg, even slapping it at times. Rose winced in pain at the beginning, but eventually, the expression on her face became relaxed.

"When you're done there," Soojung stated, "start on my legs too," she joked, making Yana and Snow giggle.

Eunrae was sitting beside Ai. Ai's face was even paler than that time on the balcony. Her eyes were deep and dark in colour, like she was all the sadness from the world into her own body. Ai lost all her muscle tone and was just completely skin and bone.

"Ai," Eunrae whispered. "Are you alright?" she asked.

Ai continued to massage her arms, as if she was ignoring her.

"Ai?" Eunrae raised her voice. Ai turned around and started at Eunrae blankly.

"What?" she almost yelled at Eunrae, turning on the girls' head and faced Ai. 

"I just... never mind," Eunrae turned away, completely appalled and shocked. Ai look extremely exhausted, but so were the rest of the girls. The strangest thing is... it was Ai. Ai was known as the kindest, sweetest person in the world. It had to be more than her being a little tired...

Music Bank



Rose was standing outside the recording studio, leaning her back against the wall for support. She had a small headache from the lack of sleep but managed to re-focus her thoughts on the cell phone. She dialed the number once. Twice.

No answer.

Soojung walked up to Rose who obviously seemed distressed about something.

"Are you alright?" Soojung asked in concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Rose replied in a dismissive tone.

"You don't need to hide things from us. True you're the newest part in the trainee system, but you're debuting tomorrow! Tell me, what's got you all down and upset?" Soojung asked again.

Rose sighed. Soojung did seem very persistent, so it didn't seem like she was getting out of this anyway. She might as well explain herself instead of leaving Soojung guessing for the remainder of the day.

"It's my mum," Rose explained. "I've been calling her for a whole week now and she isn't answering. She's never on skype either. I'm really worried," Rose explained, her voice cracking. She was on the break of tears. Rose hated being seen as weak, so she spun around and faced away from Soojung, not allowing to see her cry. "I just want my mum to know about my debut but it seems like she just doesn't..."

Soojung tapped Rose on the shoulder. With a little sniffle, Rose reluctantly turned around. To Rose's surprise, all Soojung did was make a ridiculous expression on her face. She pulled her hair up, making her face stretch upwards. She perked her nose up with her index finger, making it seem like she had the nose of a pig. Rose, completely baffled, begin laughing hysterically. She didn't understand why. Soojung was indeed a very pretty girl but in a split second she made herself seem like an ugly idiot.

But it made her laugh.

And cry a little, of course. But she laughed mostly, and that was all the Soojung wanted.

 

Rose                                                                        Soojung

 



Mayvin got up in the middle of the night from being really dehydrated. She had a very stressful dream, running away from zombies all over the place. It made her quite tired. She rose from her bed, her feet touching the cold wooden floor. She sneaked out of her bedroom and into the kitchen down the set of long winding stairs. She walked in through the doors, opened the cupboard and reached for a glass. Just at that moment she heard a rustle of some sorts coming from the sitting room.

"Is someone there?" Mayvin whispered, completely terrified. The silence lingered. Mayvin gulped a dry amount of saliva before stepping out of the kitchen. She flicked on the lights and took a few unsure steps into the living room. 

Again she called out, "is someone there?" a little louder and a bit more confident this time round. She looked around the bare room, only to find magazines on the coffee table had fallen to the ground.

Must have been a draft or something, Mayvin convinced herself. She walked towards the table to pick up the magazines only to find a thin female body lying on the ground before her.

Mayvin muffled a scream by putting both of her hands over . She heard several thuds from upstairs, knowing she had alerted a few of the members.

Before her lay the motionless body of Ai, who's eyes were closed. Mayvin was in complete shock and did not move until several of the members - Lihua, Rose and Snow descended down the stairs, later followed by Eunrae and Yana.

"Oh my God!" Rose screeched, definitely waking up the remaining of the members.

"Quick call an ambulance!" Eunrae ordered Yana. Eunrae pushed past Mayvin and walked up to Ai. She put two fingers by .

"Is she alive?" Mayvin squealed, already covered in tears.

"Yes," Eunrae replied, but her voice remained stern.

"Should we put her on the couch or something?" Snow asked.

"No," Eunrae ordered. "If she injured her back or her nerves... we should wait for the ambulance," she explained.

"I'll call the manager," Snow whispered, slipping away. Lihua was attempting to calm down Mayvin whilst Yana was finishing up with call.

Ai