Book One - Chapter Five

World Domination / JYP Entertainment New Girl Group (Closed)

The next morning, Mayvin was not too sure what was going on. The kitchen was eerie and awkwardly quiet and she didn't know why. Did something happen last night? Was she unaware of something that was so obvious? She moved a few steps closer to Minyoung, another trainee.

"Am... is something wrong?" Mayvin asked.

"What do you mean?" Minyoung replied.

"Everyone is so... quiet..."

"It happens," Minyoung shrugged it off and continued to eat her cereal. Soojung, Eunrae, Yana and Ayako left to go practice using Soojung's car. Usually Snow would go with them, but she said she'd go with Ai and Rose. Mayvin pondered on the idea that this situation revolved around Snow, and one of the individual's in Soojung's car. She was quick at picking up on things like that.

At practice, everything was the same. Everyone worked hard but there was little laughter or jokes. The whole day was long and rather boring, and it really upset Mayvin to see this. She wasn't sure what was going on either, so she couldn't solve this problem. How could you solve a problem when you don't know the problem?

"I have a suggestion," Mayvin suddenly announced over lunch.

"What is it?" Lihua asked.

"I think we should go out tonight," she grinned.

"Why would you say that?" Ai asked.

"Everyone seems to be so dull and lifeless," Mayvin shrugged, "I think karaoke singing would be great fun," she explained.

"Soojung, Snow and Yana are all working tonight," Rose pointed out.

"Again?" Mayvin complained.

"Well, apparently Yana is going to enter a competition on Saturday..."

"What?!" both Ai and Lihua gasped.

"What's wrong?" Rose asked, almost in panic.

"Yana doesn't enter competitions...." Ai said.

"Why not?" Rose asked again.

"Because almost two years ago there was a serious accident," Ai explained. "Ever since then she vowed not to compete anymore."

"I wonder what changed her mind..." Mayvin spoke.

"I think we should all go support her," Rose suggested. "It's on Saturday, I think it'll be perfect," she explained.

"I agree with rose," Lihua nodded her head in agreement.

"It's a deal then," Mayvin grinned. "But we're still having a girl's night out!"

"Okay," Ai chuckled. "Any suggestions?"

"Karaoke!" Rose suddenly stated. "I've never been to karaoke bar... I hear so much about them..."

All the three girls laughed with Rose and they all agreed to go karaoking with her. They needed to show the new team member what's it like to be a Korean.

Jung Ai

Lihua                                                                                Mayvin

Rose

 

After a long practice day, the girls showered and dressed up for a girl's night out. Yana , Soojung and Snow were working, so they couldn't come.That way Lihua, Eunrae, Rose, Ayako, Mayvin and Ai were all going karaoke. Chohee and Minyoung said they'd come later, they just needed to do something of their own. So the girls took a long walk through the town, linking hands and showing Rose a few local places where to get food, make-up and period pads. They reached a tall building right after a corner, where they all entered hurriedly. The building was a gym, a spa and a karaoke bar and that is why the girls loved it so much. It was their favourite place.

Eunrae and Ai came in first. The manager knew them and always gave them the large room at a reduced price. They paid their way in and went inside their rented out room on the second floor. It was quiet large, Rose had to admit. The rest of the girls raced to grab the microphone and the booklet on the table where the list of songs were given.

"Yah!" Lihua exclaimed, "I had it first!"

"No, I did!" Mayvin hissed. They struggled and fought over the book with the list of songs but Ayako was the one who took the remote first. They all loved the karaoke so much, they new the numbers of their favourite songs by heart. Ayako typed in the five digit combination and the music burst out - F(x) - Hot Summer.

Hot Summer

The girls grabbed as many mics as they could get. Ayako, Ai, Eunrae and Lihua reached for them. Rose and Mayvin joined in anyway, standing up on the couch and following the choreography as much as they could. The chorus was one all the girls knew. In perfect sync, they danced all together. Ayako was completely off-tune but Eunrae's powerful voice kept her from going too much astray. If anyone watched these girls from the sidelines, they would have thought they were drunk.

The other songs followed were Please by Kim Hyung Joong, Gee by Girl's Generation, I Did Wrong by 2am and Ma Boy by Sistar19. By then Minyoung and Chohee joined in.

Half way through the night, Ai received a text message. She didn't know about this, because it was Chohee and Minyoung who found her phone. They were planning on giving the message to her, but when they saw from it was, the couldn't help but read it. It was from Ukwon from Block B, asking to meet up with Ai. Dating was forbidden amongst trainees, and if anyone was caught, they would be kicked out. Minyoung and Chohee were medicore girls. They weren't overly talented, not that beautiful. Ai was one of their main competitors, she had a powerful voice and was a good dancer. It gave them hope, when they realized that they had the potential to kick out one of the trainee's - Jung Ai.

Uknow and Jung Ai

Snow was waiting outside in the car for Soojung. Soojung needed to finish washing up the dishes and such. Snow's phone suddenly vibrated, making the girl jump in her seat. She pulled out her phone, expecting a text from Yana demanding why it was taking them so long. However, it wasn't from Yana, but from Wooyoung.

Why have you been avoiding me? I don't understand. What changed? Are we still together?

Snow put her phone on silent and shoved it into her pocket. She didn't want to talk to him at the moment. She wasn't in the mood at all.

"Hey," Soojung opened the door and slid inside the drivers seat. "So sorry that took so long," she had a big grin on her face.

"Why are you smiling?" Snow asked.

"I just got promoted," she explained.

"No way! To what?"

"General Manager."

"But, isn't Yunhwa general manager?"

"That's right, but he's leaving next week. And I got the job," Soojung smiled.

"Well, congratulations," Snow patted her on the shoulder.

"Thanks," Soojung smiled. "Should we go? Yana must be pretty upset with us for taking so long..."


Soojung                                                 Snow

Wooyoung