Book Two - Chapter Three

World Domination / JYP Entertainment New Girl Group (Closed)

With Breaker's debut around the corner, the four girls were spending a lot of time together. They had dance practice, and photo shoots and all sorts of things. Managers and directors would invite them out for lunch and dinner, so they spent little time with the rest of the World Domination girls.

All the remaining members were undergoing dance training. Learning choreography and practicing to execute it all in sync. and practice team work. Jinyoung was very firm on training the girls based on team work.

Rose and Snow were sitting in the JYP training room, looking over some raps they've been writing together. Snow had a good grasp on composing her own raps, and she enjoyed doing so. Though Snow was usually cold and unfriendly to strangers, she managed to warm up to Rose pretty quickly because of their similar passion in rap.

"Are you nervous about debuting?" Rose asked after they had decided to take a tea break.

"Me?" Snow asked. She leaned back into the couch, wondering about it whilst holding her tea cup. "I don't know. It hasn't hit me yet I suppose," she shrugged. "I mean, we haven't even recorded any songs or filmed any music videos... I don't think anything will hit me till then."

"I'm jealous of Ayako and Soojung... they get to debut already... and with Miss A members at that!" Rose bit her lower lip. "I'm sorry. I'm usually never like this."

"Don't worry about it," Snow waved her hand in a dismissive manner. "I understand what you mean. You're happy that they are becoming successful, and it's not that you're jealous this is happening to them and not you, you're just upset that this is happening in the first place," Snow finished with a sip from her tea.

"Spoken like a true philosopher," Lihua stated with a grin as she plopped down beside Snow, almost causing her to spill her tea. Snow gave Lihua a deadly glare but Lihua ignored it, whether she was oblivious to it or not.

"It is a little unfair that they already get to go on stage, but we shouldn't be too sour," Lihua continued. "Got7 debuted, 5Live are coming out and the other new girl group 6MIX are coming out as well. We're lucky we're debuting in the first place."

"Debuting a lot of groups are we?" Snow raised her eyebrow.

"Why would they debut so many groups so quickly?" Rose asked.

"To establish a fanbase as quickly as possible. Wonder Girls are pretty much on the quiet side for now and 2PM and 2AM are going to the army in the next few years. They're going to need money makers and soon. Therefore their releasing as many groups as possible to start the money-making process," Snow spoke intellectually. Lihua smiled at her.

"I didn't know you had so much insight into JYP Entertainment affairs."

"I don't," Snow shrugged, "I'm just a little more aware of my surroundings," she subtly gritted her teeth at Lihua, making Rose smile at the light tension between the two. Lihua, once more, like a professional, shrugged it off.

"Don't care what happens to all those newbies!" Lihua exclaimed, "As long as we get to debut ASAP and establish our own fanbase as well."

"Yeah, you go start it," Snow playfully gave a shove, but caused Lihua to fall off the couch completely and softly land on her bum. Both Rose and Snow ended up in a hysterical mirth.

Snow

Lihua                                                    Rose


"Cut!" the director yelled.

Soojung let out a sigh of relief.

"That was much better Soojung, that really showed how y you can be," he smiled proudly.

Soojung stuck out her tongue behind his back and wrinkled her nose. Jia, who had noticed this, laughed.

"It's official ladies... I think that's all the film we'll need to edit the music video," the producer stated, peeking over his papers in hand.

"Thank you for your patience," Soojung gave him a polite bow. He ignored it, focused on reading his paper.

"Omo... thank God that hell was over..." Ayako rolled her eyes as she collapsed on the floor. " I felt like I was doing acrobatics for hours..."

"He made you redo the back flip?" Soojung asked sympathetically as she patted her back.

"Like a hundred times! Ugh, he's such a perfectionist," Ayako gritted through her teeth.

"He can be quiet pushy, but he filmed our "I Don't Need A Man" music video and I thought it turned out splendid," Min smiled as she came over to the two girls, crossing her arms across her chest.

"What's the schedule like now?" Ayako asked.

"We have another photoshoot this evening... I think we're filming in some sort of park or something?" Jia was the one who answered.

"So late?" Soojung raised her eyebrows. "It's already past nine o'clock."

"We need to get this photoshoot over and done with," Min pointed out, "We have Music Bank practice in the morning, followed by an Allkpop interview and finally, we're looking over the scripts for our Happy Together guest show appearance..."

"Wow... we really are jam-packed..." Soojung gasped.

"Imagine what it would be like when World Domination debut... a nine girl group member is much more difficult to handle because you'll also have so much individual work like CF's filming and modeling," Jia added.

"And MCing. That's probably my favorite part of the job," Min grinned.

"Sorry ladies, the director wants another shot of all of you together sitting on the thrones, singing your lines," a short blushed female helper told them. Min and Jia grinned as Soojung refused to get up from the ground, so they took hold of her arms and pulled her across the podium and back to the scene that needed to be filmed.

Soojung                                                      Ayako

Min                                                              Jia


Back at the apartment, Ai was hovering over the oven, stirring her gomguk soup. Ai had a beautiful skill in cooking but ever since she became a trainee, she lost the passion for it. However, when the girls had all packed their belongings in the process of moving out of the trainee building, she found all her old cook books. It inspired her to relive the glory days, and settled on making gomguk soup and saengseonhweh. Saengseonhweh was an easy dish to make. You cleaned raw fish as thoroughly as possible, laid it out carefully onto a plate and served it with lettuce leaves. A bit like sushi, since you dipped it into either wasabi or soy sauce - whatever to your liking.

Suddenly, Mayvin walked into the kitchen, stretching out her arms in the process and letting out a big yawn.

"Did you only wake up now?" Ai gasped.

"Don't be silly," Mayvin rolled her eyes, "I just woke up from a nap," she explained. "Something smells delicious," she quickly stated with a grin.

"Mmm, it's gomguk soup. Do you want to try some with me?" Ai asked.

"Definitely," Mayvin grinned, propping herself down on the stool.

"You've been taking a lot more naps lately, haven't you?" Ai wondered out loud accidentally. She didn't mean to pry.

"I've been waiting up each night for Soojung and Ayako... I wonder why they got chosen and not me," Mayvin pouted. Ai looked up from the cooking stove and glanced in Mayvin's direction.

"What do you mean?" she asked in confusion.

"Soojung and Ayako were chosen because of their dancing... I wonder why I wasn't chosen... I'm a good dancer!" Mayvin hissed angrily under her breath. Ai smiled.

"Ayako is a rapper and Soojung is a good vocalist. In such a small group with four members, you need someone who can carry the team vocally," Ai explained logically.

"I guess..." Mayvin couldn't argue. Her vocals weren't up to par with the rest of the members. "Do you think I need to practice more?"

"You could," Ai shrugged as she stirred the pot, "but I doubt it'll do much good. You had raw talent and you've worked on it for the years you've been a trainee. You've come a long way since then, you can carry a tune and that's all you really need to be able to do," Ai explained.

"It's so easy for you to say..." Mayvin pointed out, "You're one of the best vocalists in the group..."

"But not the best," Ai quickly jumped in as she reached on her tipy toes to get the bowls.

"Eunrae is the best... Yana has the most unique voice. There's also Lihua as well... no matter what it is in the world you do, there will always be someone better than you," Ai told Mayvin. It dawned on Mayvin that this was turning into a lecture, but frankly, she needed it.

"Why are you so wise, Ai?" Mayvin asked with a sigh.

"Because I have a unique perspective on life," she winked cutely at Mayvin, giving her the shivers.

"Eek... aeygo..." she muttered.

"Do I smell soup?" Eunrae peeked her head into the kitchen.

"You're like a band of vultures!" Yana exclaimed, who had been sitting in the sitting room, playing video games.

"A venue of vultures Yana," Ai corrected her. "And don't worry, there's enough here for all four of us! Ready to eat?"

Jung Ai                                                                     Yana

Mayvin                                                         Eunrae

The new kitchen