Book One - Chapter Four

World Domination / JYP Entertainment New Girl Group (Closed)

After training for more and more hours, it was almost dark. The girls were exhausted. Soojung went away with Yana immediately after training - they had to work. The rest of the girls remained in the cafeteria, eating their dinner that was nicely served for them. Anyone would realize quickly that everyone was split into small groups of their own. The dancers were in one corner, the vocalists at one end of the table and the rappers on the other.

Snow picked at her food a little, lost in thought. Though she loved food, she wasn't in such a great mood to appreciate the food before her. Suddenly, her phone vibrated. She pulled out the blueberry slowly and unlocked it. It was a message from her... she didn't even know what to call him. He wasn't a boyfriend, because they couldn't date each other publicly since he was an idol. They couldn't do anything, pretty much, just the small kisses and flirting that goes on behind closed walls.

I don't have much free time again. Maybe tomorrow? Aigoo, please don't be angry at me. I'll make it up to you! 

Snow Kyo slammed the phone down on the table. She wasn't even going to bother to reply.

"Woah," Ayako gasped. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Snow hissed. Snow had always been closed off, and Ayako knew that but this was completely different.

"Hey, if something is troubling you..." Ayako sincerely offered help.

"There's nothing you could do," Snow sighed. She attempted to clear up her mind by taking a spoonful of of her cold soup.

"Don't be like that Snow," it was Ai who said that. She was sitting close by, sort of alone as she wasn't listening to the conversation Eunrae and Mayvin were having. "I'm sure there's something we could do."

"No Ai, there really isn't," Snow insisted. "I'm full, I'll be going now," Snow announced her departure and rose from her seat, taking her tray with her. Ai and Ayako watched her leave, both of them having a suspicious eye on her.

"Something is wrong and she's not going to tell us what it is..." Ayako told Ai.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Ai asked with a creepy grin on her face.

"I was thinking we should follow her..."

"Ditto," Ai smirked.

Snow left the cafeteria. She put on her jacket and made her way out of the JYP entertainment building, using the back door. She looked back several times, making sure no one followed her. Once she was convinced of that, she pulled out her phone, about to send a text message to someone. However, that certain individual was standing not far by, beside his car.

"Snow?" he asked as he approached her.

"What do you want?" she told him harshly.

"Snow... please don't be like that," he begged with a glum look on his face. "I'm about to leave with Taecyeon hyung. I just saw you here, forgot that this was our usual meeting place," he shrugged, trying to give Snow a smile. He attempted to caress her cheek but she pulled away coldly. The man didn't say anything, just looked down at the ground apologetically. He leaned in and put his hand behind her head. He pulled her closer so that he could kiss her goodnight on the forehead.

"Sweet dreams," he told her and walked away, back to the car just when Taecyeon was about to go.

"You too," Snow whispered, making sure he wouldn't be able to hear it. She stood there, watching as he drove away.

Ayako and Ai, who were hiding behind the neighbourhood wall, saw and almost heard everything.

"Snow... is dating..." Ai began.

"Wooyoung," Ayako finished.

Snow                                                Ayako

Ai                                                   Wooyoung

JYP cafeteria

 


 

Soojung drove into the stable yard which was still open. It was almost 10pm and she was picking up Yana from work. She killed the engine and waited in the car for a bit after sending Yana a text. She played scrabble on her phone until finally Yana appeared.

"Ugh you stink," Soojung joked.

"Yes, that's what happens when you work at a stud farm," Yana joked.

"How did everything go?" Soojung asked as she started the engine.

"Perfect," Yana replied as she attached the seatbelt. "I'm entering in the competition on Saturday."

"What?" Soojung gasped.

"Don't tell me I shouldn't. When I was riding today I realized something," Yana quickly explained. "If I can't do something that I used to enjoy... it really defeats the purpose of living life to the fullest. Therefore," she took in a deep breath. "I will enter the competition. I need to do it, personally."

Soojung could only look at Yana with a proud expression.

"Alright," Soojung nodded. "Let's go home."

Once they arrived home, they walked in on Eunrae and Lihua in the sitting room, watching the last episode of Family Book of Gu. They were so distracted they didn't even realize that Yana and Soojung returned.

"Are you hungry?" Yana asked.

"Yeah, I'm going to make some Ramen, want some?" Soojung asked. Yana nodded in reply.

"I'll go take a quick shower then," Yana told her and left. Soojung was still in her maid outfit as she had not changed. She needed to pick up Yana as soon as possible and rushed to pick her up. In the kitchen, Soojung saw Taeyeon, one of the trainees. She wasn't the type who you'd be good friends with. She had a bad attitude and felt insulted whenever her vocals and dancing skills were compared to anyone else. As stuck up as she was, everyone had to admit she was pretty amazing in terms of her skills. She was undoubtably one of the best dancers and singers, and not to mention she was beautiful.

"Hello Taeyeon," Soojung smiled politely.

"Hi," Taeyeon replied without looking up. She was making herself a sandwich, too busy to even look at Soojung.

"How was practice today?" Soojung asked, attempting to make conversation.

"Same old," Taeyeon shrugged. She finished making her sandwich. She grabbed it and whirled around on her heels, leaving the kitchen just like that. Soojung shrugged her attitude off and just went to wash her hands and made the ramen quickly. She also boiled some eggs as well. Yana returned into the kitchen, drying her hair with a towel at the same time.

"It smells delicious!" Yana exclaimed delighted.

"Shhhh!" Lihua hissed from across the sitting room. Yana chuckled but did as she were told. Soojung and Yana both ate their ramen and boiled eggs at the counter, chatting quietly to themselves. At that moment Ayako and Ai came through the dorm room door.

"Hello," Yana greeted them. They replied back with a nod and a smile. They walked passed the kitchen and sitting room and went straight to their dorm room.

"Was it just me, or were their faces as pale as ghosts?" Soojung asked.

"I wonder what happened..." Yana whispered.

Yana                                                         Soojung

 


Snow Kyo came home late. She sneaked in quietly, taking off her high heel boots before continuing down the hall. She tip-toed past three dorm doors until someone from behind her cleared their throat. Snow spun around, shocked and surprised.

"Omo! Eunrae..." Snow held her chest, "you gave me such a scare," she whispered.

"Hey Snow," Eunrae gave her an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry I scared you."

"Did I wake you up?"

"No, I was waiting for you," she replied.

"Waiting for me?"

"Yes..." Eunrae nodded her head, biting her lower lip. "A little bird told me about... Wooyoung and yourself," she explained. Snow straightened up, her smile disappearing and her eyes narrowing.

"Oh," was all Snow Kyo replied with.

"Can we talk in the kitchen?" Eunrae asked. Snow didn't answer, she just led the way. Once they were in the kitchen Snow leaned against the counter, chewing on the inside of her cheek, her eyes fixated to the ground.

"Can I ask, how did you find out?" Snow didn't lift her head as she asked, she kept staring down.

"Ayako and Ai told me," she explained. "But don't be angry at them, they did the right thing telling me. They didn't tell anyone else. Just me," Eunrae comforted her. Snow Kyo nodded her head and looked up.

"What's there to talk about?" Snow didn't mean to sound cold and mean, but this topic was a little too sensitive.

"I... I don't think you know him," Eunrae began.

"What do you mean?"

"He's not the guy he portray's himself to be," she slowly began to explain.

"How would you know?!" Snow raised her voice. "I know you're close friends with Taecyeon but just because you're BFF's with a 2PM member doesn't make you know all of them!" Snow almost yelled. She wasn't sure why she was getting so worked up. Partially because she wanted to believe she was the only woman who knew Wooyoung and also, the look on Eunrae's face told her she was going to share some hurtful and troubling information.

"I was once in a relationship with him," Eunrae explained. Snow Kyo couldn't hide her surprise and shock and fear. "It was back then when 2PM were promoting Again & Again. Wooyoung and I were dating behind the scenes, keeping it low... always met up at corner cafes and after practice," Eunrae cleared . "After Jay left 2PM... things changed. Not just Wooyoung, but the whole of 2PM. Taecyeon and Chansung were playboys but became nonchalant. Wooyoung couldn't remain in a relationship with anyone. No one."

"Are you telling me..."

"Wooyoung has commitment issues. He won't cheat on you but... he will break your heart."

"No," Snow Kyo couldn't believe what she was hearing. "You're lying. You're still hung up on him, aren't you?"

"Hung up on him?" Eunrae gasped in disbelief. "I dated him like... four years ago! How desperate do you think I am?"

"Pretty desperate!" Snow exclaimed. "I'm going to bed. I don't want to hear another word from you on this topic!"

"Snow!" Eunrae called out.

"Not another word!"

Eunrae                                                                                                     Snow Kyo