Book One - Chapter Six

World Domination / JYP Entertainment New Girl Group (Closed)

The following day was a very nerve wrecking day. The girls all managed to get up an hour earlier, some didn't even sleep. Such evaluations only came by every few months, and when they did, it was like the end of the world to some. It meant at least one of them was going to be sent home. Everyone was quiet, much like yesterday, but this time obviously for different reasons. The travel in the girls' cars was also filled with silence, even when Soojung attempted to relax the girls by playing Taeyang's Wedding Dress. It only earned her a depressing sigh from Mayvin. They all arrived at JYP entertainment and walked through the back door, took the elevator up to the third floor - and that's where they split.

A woman of age forty approached Snow, Rose and Ayako for a rapping evaluation. She didn't seem like the type to know much about rapping, but the girls remained quiet and followed her into the practice room. Yana was sent to do a Korean and English oral exam, to make sure she was keeping up with her languages. Soojung, Ai and Mayvin were sent for a vocal evaluation. The remaining girls had to do a dance evaluation.

Soojung, Ai and Mayvin followed the young gentleman down two sets of hallways and into a private room. Just before they entered, a set of loud footsteps approached from behind.

"Mr. Yang," the woman called out to the instructor.

"Yes?" he asked in confusion. They were not to be interrupted during such tests. Everyone knew that.

"Mr. Park asked to take Ai upstairs."

"What do you mean?" he frowned, "she has to do an evaluation now," he explained.

"I know, I understand but... I'm talking about Jin Young Park," she explained. Her hands were slightly shaking. Mr. Yang frowned in confusion, staring at Ai.

"Alright... if Mr. Park says so..." he seemed really hesitant to allow Ai to go with the lady. Soojung and Mayvin looked at each other with worried expressions. What could possibly be going on with Ai? Was she in trouble? Or was it the opposite, some great news about her joining the Wonder Girl's due to Sunye's pregnancy?

Ai's face was completely expressionless as she followed the woman up the set of stairs. Mr. Yang allowed Soojung and Mayvin into the room so they could be evaluated.

Ai knocked on Jin Young Park's door and stepped inside once he replied with a "come in". Ai clenched the gold metallic handle for a second longer before pushing the door open. Her breathing was a little too heavy to be considered normal. No matter what the reason she was called up for, good or bad, it was still something big. If Jin Young took three minutes of his time to speak to you, that meant you were important. 

"Jung Ai, correct?" he said as soon as she stepped foot. The office was large, almost the size of their dance training room. There was a large area in front of her that was completely empty. It was a walk to finally reach Mr. Park just at his table. His table was large and silver metallic, giving off the impression of power and dominance. It was a method to scare off clients, and it worked perfectly on Ai.

"Mr. Park," she stuttered a little, "you called for me?"

"Yes yes I did," he said, taking off his reading glasses and leaning back in his arm chair. "It seems to be there is a small issue..."

"Issue?" Ai's voice slightly trembled.

"Some of the trainees brought forward a text that you received from a current, rather popular idol..." he said in the most monotone voice one could use. Ai was utterly confused for several moments until she realized what he meant. Friendship amongst idols and other humans were allowed obviously... this must be something about the dating issue written in the contract. None of the trainees were allowed to date during their training period, and sometimes even during debut.

"I'm still lost Mr. Park... I don't understand," Ai persisted. Jinyoung didn't raise his voice. He simply leaned back in his armchair and began rubbing his forehead, as if it were in pain.

"I'm speaking of Ukwon from Block B. Know of such a man?" he asked with his strict deep voice.

"Yes... but I promise we are only fri-"

"Please," Mr. Park raised his hand to silence her. He leaned forward and pressed something on the phone. "Sooyoung, please bring in Minyoung and Chohee," he spoke. It was only about five seconds and just then the doors behind Ai opened and two girls stepped inside.

"You called for us, Mr. Park?" Chohee asked.

"Yes, yes I did..." Jinyoung nodded, taking off his reading glasses. He nibbled at the edge of the glasses, leaning back in his seat.

"You girls gave my Ai's phone in attempt to what?" he demanded in a sudden harsh tone. Chohee frowned and Minyoung looked utterly confused.

"Attempt?" Chohee asked with a slight shake in her voice.

"Yes. What was the reason behind you giving me Ai's phone and showing me that text message?" he asked again.

"It's against the rules to date..." Minyoung pointed out.

"It is; but this text hardly counts for much, does it? You girls are pretty girls..." Jinyoung leaned across the table. "But you are not very smart. If you think this is "proof", then you won't be able to handle the real world. Unfortunately, it says nothing in your trainee contracts about attempting to kick out a trainee from a program, but let me make it clear - if I see another poor try to get someone kicked out like this... I will make sure that even your contract won't stop me from kicking you out. Is that clear?" Jinyoung demanded. Minyoung and Chohee silently and diligently nodded their heads.

"You can leave," he added harshly. They scurried out immediately, shutting the door behind them.

"You can go too Ai."

"Hmm?" she was confused.

"You can go continue with your assessment. Wish you luck," he said and pointed towards the door.

Jinyoung Park                                                                                            Jung Ai

 


 

Snow was resting on her bed, her head facing up. Everyone had their evaluation today, and Snow was no exception. She did well in her rap and added some vocal as well where she managed to pull of the high note almost perfectly. Snow was not worried about the results tomorrow. She was much too lost in her own thoughts of her own personal problems. She kept thinking of Wooyoung and of what Eunrae said about him. Snow closed her eyes, allowing only a single tear to trickle down the side of her face.

"Can I come in?" a female voice spoke. Snow perked up to see Eunrae at the door. What a coincidence that she showed up. Snow sat upright as Eunrae entered the room, unsure of herself.

"Look..." Eunrae began. "About what I said a few days ago..."

"Can we forget it?" Snow suddenly interrupted Eunrae's apology. "Can we pretend like you didn't say anything, and I don't know anything?" Snow had a hint of pain in her voice. It was clear to Snow that Eunrae didn't want that. She didn't want to just attempt to forget this incident and move on - she wanted to deal with it. However, the look in Snow's eyes was enough to settle Eunrae's mind.

"Okay," Eunrae nodded her head. "I won't press the issue anymore," she gave Snow and heart-warming smile. "How are you and Wooyoung currently doing?"

Snow looked down, fiddling a little with her thumbs.

"I-I haven't been able to face him, or speak to him," she said. Eunrae suddenly felt a wave of guilt wash over her, and Snow saw this.

"Don't worry! It's not your fault, I promise," Snow said with a smile. "It's just something a little personal to myself, okay?"

"If you say so..." Eunrae shrugged, but she was convinced it was her fault. 

"How did you do in today's assessment?" Snow asked in desperate attempt to change the subject.

"Quite well I think," Eunrae spoke in her quiet voice. "A little tired now however."

"Yeah, same... I feel so sorry for Soojung and Yana. They had to rush off to work immediately afterwards."

"Yes, they gave me a lift back here and drove off suddenly."

"Did you hear that Yana is entering a show-jumping competition on Saturday?"

"She mentioned it to me, yes. I don't know if she'll end up going through with it though... she's a little touchy about competing. She tried last year once... chickened out on the last second," Eunrae explained.

"It's due to the accident, right?" Snow asked, to which Eunrae nodded in reply.

"Hey," Snow suddenly grinned. "I have a way of ensuring that Yana doesn't chicken out," Snow told Eunrae.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"Listen..." and so Snow began to explain her master plan.

Snow Kyo

Eun Rae


After the assessment, all the girls returned to their daily schedule's, attempting to put off the results that were coming out tomorrow. Some went out to do Yoga, others went for a jog or even out to the park for a walk. Lihua liked to do all of those things but her mood was elsewhere. She suddenly had this urge to bake, and she was good at it too. Not taking too long to wash herself up, she quickly took control of the kitchen before anyone else could. She baked the base of the tart first, then she made the custard on the stove. Once the tart base was finished, she poured the custard over it, layering it beautifully. She grabbed kiwi's, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. She washed and cut them into beautiful shapes before decorating the tart accordingly.

"Lihua, that looks amazing," Ai said with a grin as she walked into the kitchen.

"It does, doesn't it?" Lihua looked down at her tart pridefully. "By the way, I heard you went to Mr. Park before your assessment!" Lihua gasped, remembering what happened.

"Ah," Ai rolled her eyes, "that!"

"Why did he call you?" Lihua asked.

"I don't know if I should-"

"Tell me~ Tell me~ T-t-t-t-tell me~" Lihua began to sing.

"Okay okay fine!" Ai raised her hands to silence the petite Chinese girl. "I won't mention the name, but, I'm close friends with a celebrity. I've been texting him a lot and we're good friends," she began. "When we went out for Karoke last night, Minyoung and Chohee saw the text and reported it to Jinyoung-oppa, attempting to kick me out," she explained.

"WHAT?" Lihua gasped, banging her wooden cooking spoon off the edge of the counter. "No way!"

"Yes way," Ai said as she swallowed a raspberry.

"I cannot believe those two would stoop so low," Lihua looked at the ground, putting her hands on her hips. "Well rest assure, I won't be friendly with them," Lihua said.

"Like that causes any change," Ai rolled her eyes.

"What do you mean?" Lihua frowned.

"They never liked you... didn't you know?" Ai suddenly felt an awkward conversation beginning to arise.

"Why didn't they like me?" Lihua almost pouted.

"Well, you're sort of... prideful?" Ai tried to put as politely as she could. Lihua grimaced and took hold of her metallic cooking spoon instead.

"Oi oi!" Ai yelled but it was too late. Lihua began chasing her around the center kitchen counter with a spoon.

Ai                                                                                  Lihua

Lihua's fruit tart


Ayako went into her room as soon as she got in through the door. She flipped her laptop open and turned it on. While waiting for it to finally actually work, she paced around the room a little, biting her nails at the same time. Finally, she managed to log into skype. Before she could even attempt to give a call, she received a video call from 'Shamus Wood'.

Eagearly, Ayako pressed "answer" and waited for the video and audio to work.

"Ayako? Can you hear me?" the pixalted image spoke.

"I can hear you Shamus! It's so good to hear from you!" Ayako replied.

"Oliver is here too. Ollie, come here and say hi," the brother ordered. Oliver, who was standing somewhere behind the laptop, jumped in front of the screen, flopping on the couch with a load bang.

"Wow sis... you look like such a dude from this angle," Oliver peered into the screen.

"Aish!" Ayako hissed, mentally hitting him across the forehead.

"Be nice," Shamus ordered him. "How did your evaluation go?" he asked.

"It was okay but I won't know the results until tomorrow. More importantly, how did your college exams go?"

"I passed," Shamus grinned. "Still on a scholarship while Ollie has some news..." Shamus frowned.

"Yeah... am, I kind of got kicked out of Oxford..." Oliver grinned awkwardly.

"What?!" Ayako shrieked. "What did you do?"

"Nothing," Shamus was the one who replied. "He slept in on his final exam..." Shamus rolled his eyes.

"But there are repeat exams!" Ayako told him.

"Yeah, I slept through that one too..." Oliver shyly scratched the back of his head. Ayako face-palmed herself.

"Don't worry," Shamus said, "he got another shot to start university again in Cambridge."

"That's good," Ayako sighed.

"Listen, we need to go now if you don't mind. So sorry..." Shamus apologized.

"It's okay, we'll catch up more later," Ayako grinned.

"Defo!"

"Bye bye Aya!" Oliver blew his sister a playful kiss, making her giggle.

Oliver                                                                              Shamus

Ayako Wood

 

 


May we all please take a moment to realize how Ayako's brothers are so f**king hot. Just saying.