Book One - Chapter Two

World Domination / JYP Entertainment New Girl Group (Closed)

Mayvin was in the kitchen, humming a tune to herself as she was cooking. Mayvin loved to cook, she enjoyed it in a way the others didn't understand. The room-mates didn't complain. She was a good cook, and they didn't mind her experimenting new recipes since they usually were really good anyway. 

The oven suddenly chimed and Mayvin jumped a little with excitement. She opened the fan oven wide and using an oven mitten, she pulled out the tray. 

"Perfect," she told herself smuggly.

"Something smells lovely," Lihua came into the kitchen. "Wow, it's beautiful!" Lihua remarked, staring at the beautiful cherry tart.

"Thank you," Mayvin grinned.

"I announce that I am getting the first taste!" Lihua yelled.

"Nope," Mayvin placed the tray onto the counter and closed the oven. "This is for dessert once Soojung and Yana return from work," Mayvin explained.

"Oh," Lihua sounded genuinely sad, "then what's for dinner?" she asked.

"I haven't started cooking yet..." Mayvin shrugged, "I really don't know what to make." Mayvin started sprinkling the tart with sugar dust while it was still warm.

"Well we still have some kimchi..." Lihua told her as she peeked into the fridge to make sure, "and we have loads of vegetables..."

"I started defrosting the pork a few hours ago," Mayvin added.

"I know!" Lihua announced. "We could make...am..." she struggled with the word and instead said it in English. "Grilled pork belly?"

"Ah," Mayvin nodded, "samgyeopsal gui. We could make that."

"And with kimchi we could make kimichi stew," Lihua added.

"Perfect," Mayvin nodded as she stared at her perfect cherry tart. "Want to help me cook?" Mayvin asked Lihua. 

"You? Want help?" Lihua pretended to be shocked and in awe.

"Very funny," Mayvin rolled her eyes. "Come on, put on an apron."

Mayvin Hanbyul                                                                       Lihua                                          

Dorm kitchen (which pretty much belongs to Mayvin)

Kimchi stew

Samgyeopsal gui

Cherry Tart (isn't Mayvin awesome ^_^)

 


 

Yana pulled back the reins to slow down the muscular black stallion to a trot, and eventually to halt. His breathing was heavy and his heart was beating so loud. Yana grinned, delighted to know that he effectively managed to perform a flying change today. She usually worked with horses for show-jumping, but Castiel's footwork was going down-hill. Therefore Yana decided to work solely on dressage, and was delighted with the outcome.

"I pay you to jump, not to skip around in the arena," a gruff voice spoke. Yana turned around to find her boss leaning over the arena.

"Hello Mr. Kang, haven't seen you in a while," Yana smiled.

"Yes, because you haven't been showing up here that often," he gave her a cold reply. Yana sighed.

"You understand why I can't..."

"I know I know," he waved his hand dismissively. "I don't care," he replied to her.

Yana was happy to know that Mr. Kang appreciated her so much. If she was any other trainer, she would be fired on the spot. However, Yana was rare talent, and she had a special bond with horses. Though she only came down several hours a week, she did more work in those hours than any of the other trainers in the week.

"Castiel's lame leg is completely gone now," Yana told him, "I think he's ready to compete," she finished.

"Yes, I was hoping to take him to South Bridge's show-jumping contest next week."

"Next week? That's a little soon," Yana laughed nervously.

"Which is why you're riding him," he gave her a small smile. Yana frowned.

"Mr. Kang... we agreed. I ride and train, I don't compete."

"Please Yana," Mr. Kang begged.

"I'll think about it," she quickly replied. To her rescue, someone appeared and stood beside Mr. Kang.

"Hello," Soojung politely bowed to Mr. Kang.

"Hello hello," he patted Soojung on her shoulder. "Came to pick up Yana?" he guessed. She nodded her head in reply, giving him a nervous smile. Mr. Kang whistled loudly.

"Jamie!" he called out. A short stable boy came running to him. "Once Yana dismounts, walk off Castiel and untack him," he ordered. Yana dismounted and gave the reins to the boy.

"Thanks Jamie," she ruffled his curly hair. Yana left the arena while taking off her helmet.

"We shall go now," Soojung told Mr. Kang. "Thank you for allowing Yana to return home early," she bowed politely.

"'Tis fine 'tis fine, just go," he waved his hand dismissively. Yana grinned at the old man as she passed him. She gave him a big sloppy kiss on the cheek.

"I shall be here tomorrow morning first thing," she told him.

"Go go," he pushed her away. Yana and Soojung chuckled as they left.

"How was Castiel?" Soojung asked.

"Wow, you know them by name now?" Yana asked. 

"I've been picking you up from here for over a year now," Soojung laughed. "I'm learning."

"Castiel didn't do any jumping today but..." Yana had a worried face on her. "Mr. Kang asked me to do a show next week."

"Oh," Soojung said. Then it dawned on her. "Oooooh," she stopped in her tracks. "You told him no, right?"

"I said I'd think about it," Yana shrugged.

"But... but... last time..."

"I know," Yana smiled sadly. "I know all too well."

Soojung                                                                                  Yana

Castiel

Flatwork Arena

Soojung's Volvo

(Actually it belongs to Soojung, Eunrae and Snow. They share a car so it is cheaper)

Mr. Kang


 

It wasn't long until Soojung and Yana stepped in through the door.

"Finally!" Snow exclaimed.

"We've all been waiting for ye," Eunrae yelled out.

"Sorry," Soojung apologized, "there was an accident on the road so we were a little stuck," she explained.

"Go on, wash up your hands," Mayvin ordered as she laid out the plates in the kitchen. The girls quickly washed their hands, dried them off and entered the living room where the food was laid on. There was no dining room in their dorm. The girls all simply grabbed pillows and sat down over the coffee table, munching on the food. Everything was perfectly laid out.

"Oh, is it just us?" Soojung asked as she sat down. At the table were only a mere handful of the trainees. Ai and Eunrae were sitting on the far end. Snow, Ayako and Lihua sat at the opposite side. That way Soojung, Mayvin and Yana sat across the other three.

"Where did the others go?" Yana asked.

"Everyone seems to have had plans..." Ai shrugged.

"Omo, there's an extra plate," Snow noted. "Is there supposed to be someone else too?" she asked Mayvin.

"Yes," Mayvin grinned. She suddenly ran away. The other girls looked at each other in confusion.

"So... can we eat?" Ayako asked. Just at that moment, Mayvin returned with a new girl.

"Guys, I would like you to meet Song... Rosa... Rio!" she announced. "She's the newest JYP trainee and has moved in with us," she grinned.

"Hello guys," Rose bowed slightly. "I hope that soon we can get alone and be friends," she said.

"I'm sure we will be soon," Snow said.

"And you moved perfectly in time to try Mayvin's amazing cooking," Lihua told her.

"Here, sit down between myself and Yana," Soojung told her.

"Oh okay," she smiled awkwardly and sat down.

And so the night was well spent between the nine JYP trainees. Most of it was simply introducing everyone to Rose, and then fooling. Mayvin's dessert turned out beyond splendid. The whole night, the girls just talked and laughed, not releasing that tomorrow was going to be a new day. A new day with new adventures, new friends and a new story.

Song Rosa Rio

The small living room