Book One - Chapter Eight

World Domination / JYP Entertainment New Girl Group (Closed)

And so the evaluation day was upon the girls. They all came into JYP entertainment early, waiting in the dance-hall area. Some of the girls attempted to cheer up the mood. Ayako and Mayvin danced to EXO's newly released song 'Growl'. Rose noticed that Mayvin was much better of a dancer than Ayako. Aya put too much pressure on one leg than the other. However, Eunrae knew better. She knew both girls were on par but Aya was not in shape at all. Later, Eunrae realized that Ayako was actually limping.

"Hello girls," Jinyoung suddenly walked in. This came as an utter surprise to all the ladies. This was because Jinyoung rarely, if ever, shows up for such evaluations. He didn't look at the girls as he walked in, he was staring focused on his phone. He stopped in the center of the room, still on his phone. Ai's throat went dry and Yana chewed on the inside of her cheek. Finally, he cleared his throat and put his mobile phone away.

"I've received your evaluation results from this week and also from the previous weeks. I've personally watched each and every recording. Last night myself and the managers stayed up last night choosing the new members for the next debut of a JYP girl group," he cleared his throat once more. "No trainees will be kicked out this week. You're results from this week, and previous weeks, will be rewarded by entering my debuting project."

The girls got excited, their eyes lit with anticipation.

"Nine members were chosen, and nine should debut. There will be three girls, whom I'll speak to at a later date, that will be substitute debutees. If the trainees who have been accepted in the group do not work hard anymore, or aren't fit to debut - they will be replaced by these substiutes. Is that clear?" Jinyoung eyed each girl.

"Now, I shall name the girls who are to debut. In no particular order... Nam Lihua, Park Mayvin, Jung Ai, Pestova Yana, Park Soojung, Jung Eunrae, Jung Snow Kyo, Wood Ayako and finally, Rosa Rio Song."

Those who were named either grinned broadly or remained expressionless - completely in shock.

"Rose?" Park Jinyoung cleared his throat.

"Yes?" her voice cracked as she stepped forward.

"You've only been trained a week, but you've shown great skill in that just one evaluation. However, I will tell you now clearly - you're on probation. If your skills drop or I don't see that you're improving - you will be replaced," he said in a stern voice.

"Yes sir," she bowed her head, but she was still smiling.

"I'll speak to the others soon about the substitutes. You girls, who have been accepted, will be training, recording and practicing very hard for the next few months. Hopefully, if all goes well, you'll debut during or after Miss A's November comeback."

And with that, he left.

Yana                                                     Snow                                                          Eunrae

Ayako                                               Soojung                                                              Rose

Lihua                                       Mayvin                                                             Ai


That day was a beautiful day for the nine girls. They didn't need to attend training that afternoon, they were simply ordered to relax and read over their debuting contract until Sunday morning - where the hard work began.

Ayako found herself sitting by the window sill, looking out the window. Sometimes she'd glance down at her bruised knee and think back to that boy from last night.

Remember me as the person who picked you up from the ground when you were a nobody.

His gentle voice echoed through Ayako's head.

Soojung and Snow were so excited they had called into work and explained the news. They announced to their boss that they were going to quit working in the maid cafe. Yana wasn't going to quit working with horses - but she did tell her boss that she won't be there often. Yana was excited but still nervous about tomorrow's show jumping competition as well.

Lihua was in the kitchen, baking a celebratory cake but her mind was fixated on last night's kiss.

Mayvin was busy on the phone, talking to her friends from the US. She owed those friends a lot. After she couldn't graduate, all her friends threw in for a 'one-way' ticket to Korea. That way, Mayvin managed to enter the JYP training Academy and finally - debut. Just as she was saying farewell to one of her closer friends, Mayvin received a call.

"Sorry Sarah, I'm getting another call," Mayvin told her friend.

"It's okay! I'm just so happy for you. Take care of yourself!" Sarah hung up and Mayvin answered the call. Knowing the number was from America, she answered the phone in English.

"Hello," she said sweetly.

"Hey there," a gruff male voice spoke.

"Who's this?" this voice sounded strangely familiar.

"This is William!" he laughed gruffly. Mayvin froze, a horrified expression laid upon her face. Rose was just walking by at that moment and she too froze, startled by Mayvin's expression.

"How did you get this number?" Mayvin demanded in a hard tone.

"Is that anyway to speak to your father?" he asked in a teasing manner.

"You are not my father," Mayvin gritted through her teeth. Rose frowned and placed a hand on Mayvin's shoulder, mouthing her an 'are you okay?'. Mayvin shook her head and walked away from Rose.

"Now now, don't be like that. I was just calling to offer you something."

"What do you want, old man?"

"If you come back to live with myself and your mother, I will continue your fund for Juliard. I know how much you wanted to graduate from there," Mayvin could hear him smirk from the other end.

"Don't you ever dare call me again. I don't exist to you, do you hear me? And trust me when I tell you this - you're dead to me," Mayvin tried to speak in hush tones but soon, she not only had Rose's attention, but Ai's from the sitting room and even Lihua from all the way in the kitchen who had  been humming to herself.

"Just an old stalker," Mayvin shrugged and gave them a sheepish smile before running out of the living room and into her bedroom. Rose didn't believe a word but she didn't want to chase after Mayvin. It was definitely something troubling and personal, so she didn't want to upset Mayvin any further.

Rose                                                                               Mayvin

William Smith

(Mayvin's Step Father)

 


 

"Did you tell our boss you're quiting?" Soojung asked Snow as she flopped down on the couch beside her.

"Yes, he wasn't too happy," Snow rolled her eyes but laughed.

"Same, especially since he just promoted me," Soojung pointed out.

"Are us nine girls doing anything special tonight?" Snow asked Soojung.

"What do you mean?"

"Well we finally achieved our dream. We're about to debut!" Snow grinned. Ai walked into the living room with Yana just at that moment.

"That sounds like a good idea," Ai grinned. "We have some news. I just got a text from our 'new manager'," she said. "We're moving to our new home tomorrow evening, so she told us to start packing," Ai grinned.

"That's great news!" Snow grinned.

"Yes, and all of us only get to share a room with three people only," Yana grinned.

"Thank God," Eunrae rolled her eyes. "Having to share with five girls is a struggle," she commented.

"So what about this special thing we're planning on doing tonight?" Yana asked. "I want to go night clubbing!"

"You always want to go night clubbing," Eunrae rolled his eyes.

"Maybe we could do something special, like go-carting or paint-balling," Ai grinned excitedly.

"I have an idea!" Yana jumped into the air, letting her Russian accent slip and making the three girls laugh.

Jung Ai

Snow                                                                                                               Yana

Soojung

 


 

Mayvin was sitting on her beside, clutching her hands together, her lips pursed. She was staring out the window, even though the thin blind sheets were covering majority of the view. She didn't cry, though she Mayvin knew how much she really wanted to.

"Mayvin?" Rose knocked on the door, her voice filled with concern. Mayvin didn't reply but at least she snapped out of her trance.

"Can I come in?" Rose asked.

"What's up?" Mayvin asked, clearing and placing a sad smile on her face. This only made Rose even more upset.

"May I sit down?" Rose asked again. Mayvin nodded her head and shifted her weight slightly, allowing Rose to sit down beside her on the bed.

"What's wrong Rose?" Mayvin asked again.

"That phone call you received-"

"Was nothing," Mayvin straightened her back, forming a firm stance.

"You don't want to talk about it?" Rose frowned.

"There's sincerely nothing to talk about," Mayvin replied, a little too harshly. Rose was taken aback. Mayvin closed her eyes shut and took in a deep breath.

"That was my step father," Mayvin spoke slowly, her voice slightly shaking. "I-I thought I'd never hear his voice again. I didn't want to hear him again, ever," she explained.

"Did he do something to you?" Rose asked in concern. Mayvin pursed her lips again, her chin trembling slightly and her eyes watering.

"It's okay," Rose rubbed her back, "you don't need to tell me. I think I understand," Rose gave Mayvin and soothing smile. Mayvin smiled, relieved she didn't have to say the words.

"Thank you," Mayvin croaked as she leaned her head onto Rose's comforting shoulder.

Mayvin

Rose