Book One - Chapter Three

World Domination / JYP Entertainment New Girl Group (Closed)

The alarm rang at around seven a.m. Rose grunted and groaned but it wouldn't silence until she hit it's button. It was freezing. She swore she could see her breath. Rose straightened up and looked around her small dorm. Her suitcases were still not unpacked. She came in late last night and straight away went off to eat with some of the trainees and drink. Rose got to meet half of the girls, and she hoped they were the bad half because they were amazing.

Soojung was just simply a good person. Polite, neat and talktive. She was such a good hearted person it almost pained Rose to think how corrupt she herself could be at times. Hanbyul was a cute girl who used aegyo a lot when she needed something. Saying that, she wasn't all that annoying at all. She asked to be called Mayvin, Rose recalled. Ayako was just plain cool. After drinking a while, she'd start burping and try and compete with others, where most of the girls simply refused to do so. Lihua was the one Rose looked up to the most. She was elegant in her movements yet in a strange way, powerful. She sat upright and was neat as she ate. Rose was quick to judge her as a prideful snob. Though those would be considered as bad qualities, Lihua also seemed like a perfectionist, which Rose happened to have admired.

Rose got from her bed, shivering in the cold. She ran into the bathroom as quickly as she could. It was much warmer than the room. She the shower and leaned over the sink while she waited for the water to become hot.

Ai was adorable and sweet, just like Soojung but a little more hyper. She was a little childish at times but it did make Rose laugh several times. Eunrae and Yana were the most breath-taking of the girls. There was something about Eunrae's facial features that couldn't stop Rose from staring at her. Yana, was completely strange amongst the group. Though most were only half Korean, Yana was fully Russian. Her accent was a little weird, or maybe, Rose wondered, it only seemed that way because she was seeing a Caucasian speak Korean. And the last person she met was Snow Kyo, who was now her roommate. She could tell they were going to get along fine ever since they went to bed. The dorm room was always kept clean and the walls were filled with posters, photographs and snippets from magazines.

Rose entered the hot shower as soon as she was sure the water was warm. Snow Kyo, who was sleeping in room was now awake by the sound of the shower. She reached for her phone to check for any messages, with only one eye open.

None.

"No one loves me," Snow pouted playfully. She stretched and moaned in her bed for several minutes until she thought she was ready to get up. She climbed out of the top bunk bed and went into the bathroom. She didn't feel like she was invading Rose's privacy. The curtains were closed so she wouldn't have seen anything anyway. Snow did her morning business, washed her face and brushed her teeth. At the time she was finishing up, Rose too was finished with her hot morning shower. Rose turned off the shower and unaware of Snowkyo being in the room, she opened the curtain wide, ready to exit the shower.

Snow turned around sharply when she heard the curtain open. Rose froze. There was a moment of silence for several seconds as both woman stared at each other. Finally it hit both of them.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" Snow spun around to face the other way.

"Gah!" Rose gasped and grabbed the towel to block her body.

"I-I'm really sorry Rose," Snow apologized, "I thought you knew I was in here and... you'd, ya know, grab a towel before opening the curtains... or something...I am really sorry," Snow repeated.

"Oh it's fine..." Rose replied even though she blushed a violent red in her cheeks.

"I'll go now," Snow told her.

"Okay," Rose replied. Snow nodded her head and exited the bathroom, her cheeks too, flushing a bright red.

"Wow," Snow muttered, "what a hot body..."

Snow and Rose's dorm bedroom

Snow Kyo                                                        Rosa Rio           

Bathroom (Snow and Rose's)


All the trainees entered JYP Entertainment building by nine pm. The recording studio and dance hall were available all morning and afternoon. That way, the trainees all got to focus on vocal training and rapping skills. Not only that but some had to take extra Korean classes if they were foreign and others - acting. It was a busy schedule for all trainees and that is why they were divided into four groups - Rap, Vocal, Act + Korean/Japanese/English language classes. With a total of sixteen trainees (now that Rose joined), the groups were divided into four.

Yana and Rose ended up doing the classes for Korean, Snow and Ayako were in the group for rap, Mayvin, Soojung and Lihua were in dance and Ai and and Eunrae were in vocal.

Mayvin, Soojung, Lihua and another trainee - Chohee, all entered the dancing hall with their trainer.

"Annyeong girls," he told them. He was the nicest out of all of the trainers and instructors. He was a rare one too because he was JYP's most popular and amazing choreographer. He choreographed 2PM's Heartbeat and Without You. He was a very sweet guy, very respectful and married too.

"Hello Oppa," all the girls greeted him politely.

"So this week we'll be learning girly dances," he announced. "Not cute and not y, something in between. Feminine but strong," he said. "Are there any songs that come in mind to you?" he asked.

"Girl's Generation new song - "I Got A Boy,"" Mayvin said.

"Miss A Goodbye Baby," Chohee told him.

"2ne1 Follow me," Soojung spoke. Lihua had to think harder for a while longer.

"Evol, we're a bit different?" she wondered.

"Yes, all those songs are quiet powerful in choreography, though SNSD I would say is more cute than powerful," he gave a smile to Mayvin. "We'll be learning Miss A - Touch, 2ne1 - I'm the Best and After School - Bang," he explained. "One dance for each day. On the fourth day, you'll be evaluated."

"Again?" Mayvin frowned.

"Yes."

"But I have a vocal evaluation on the same day..." Soojung pouted. The trainer shrugged.

"It happens, you must practice hard then," he told her.

"Aya..." Lihua muttered. "I detest evolutions," she told him, making the trainer smile.

"Before we start learning Touch, we'll start by doing some warm up exercises. Come on! One hundred jumping jacks! Followed by fifty sit ups!"

Rose and Yana entered their Korean lesson with the Thai twins. These girls both were working hard to become popular dancers and it seemed to be working well for them. In evaluation for dance they seem to always be on top and their vocals were above decent. However, they did lack in Korean more so than Yana and Rose. Yana was quick at picking up languages and so was Rose. They just had problems with grammar and accents. So the next two hours their instructor taught them how to roll their tongues, formalities and finally - fancy vocabulary. Yana felt like she was in high school again. After their two hour Korean class they got a ten minute break.

"Come on Rose," Yana grabbed her hand, "I'll take you to the dance hall." Rose didn't understand what was going on as she was being led down the flight of stairs but she didn't complain. Yana ran down the two flight of stairs, clutching onto Rose's arm tightly. Finally they reached the bottom of the stairs and into the dancing hall they entered. Mayvin, Chohee, Soojung and Ayako were spread across the hall, lying flat on their backs from exhaustion.

"Hello girls," Yana announced her presence. They girls hardly reacted, so tired and exhausted from the dance practice.

"Yo," Lihua managed to say.

"I want to introduce to you Chohee, Rose. She's a new trainee," Yana explained. Chohee got up and gave her a welcoming smile, against all odds of her exhaustion and tired expression.

"Heya there," she told her.

"It's nice to meet you, Chohee," Rose gave a small bow.

"We shouldn't get too friendly," Chohee winked, "after all when the evaluations come along, we'll be competing against each other."

"She's joking," Yana whispered into Rose's horrified ear.

"Oh," Rose managed to breathe.

"How was your Korean lesson?" Mayvin asked.

"Same old same old..." Yana sighed as she sat down beside Mayvin. "I still don't understand. I speak almost perfect Korean, I've never struggled when I speak with ye," Yana shrugged.

"Yes, because you speak so informally to us you spoilt brat," Lihua playfully hissed. Yana gave her a hurtful sour look and kicked Lihua in the leg.

"Is Korean finished or are you going to study more?" Mayvin asked to change the subject.

"I think we're done now," Rose was the one to reply, who was still standing. "We're moving onto English."

"Bleh," Yana stuck out her tongue in disgust.

"I don't know why you dislike English so much," Soojung shrugged. "You always choose English songs," she pointed out.

"Not always. I also sing Korean and Japanese," Yana defended herself.

"I love your voice," Lihua suddenly pointed out.

"True, it's so unique," Mayvin added.

"It's not amazing skill wise," Lihua quickly defended her compliment, "but it has this ual appeal in it." Yana frowned, giving Lihua a suspicious look.

"I haven't heard you sing..." Rose said. "Can I?"

Mayvin grinned and pulled Rose's arm, beckoning her to sit down beside her.

"Come on Yana, belt out a note for us there," Mayvin demanded. Yana rolled her eyes but cleared . She sang her favourite song, a song the others heard so many times but it never annoyed them. They loved to hear her sing. Yana played the song along on her phone, covering the other female singer with her own voice.

"Wow, your voice is so amazing," Rose gasped. Yana smiled, delighted to have received the compliment.

"You haven't seen amazing," Yana laughed. "You should see Snow rap... or here, Mayvin. Mayvin, show how you dance," Yana quickly told her.

"Oh please yes," Rose was really excited. You didn't need to tell Mayvin twice to dance. She got up, with a smile on her face. She played a song on her phone and stood in front of the four, prepared to dance.

Rose was in awe as she watched the girl dance to the song. She popped and locked to the beat of the music effortlessly. Rose realized now, even though Chohee was joking, it wasn't all a joke. In the end, she was going to be competeing against these girls, trying to debut into a girl group and finally stand on stage. But to do that, she had to be better than these girls to even have a chance. And she set her mind, to train harder, and become better.