Book Two - Chapter Five

World Domination / JYP Entertainment New Girl Group (Closed)

Breaker's debut was the least to say - successful. The timing was impeccable, just before 2ne1 and Girls Generation returned with their songs. They managed to snatch number one on Show Champion and Music Bank whilst repeatedly winning on various other charts. Their song became popular amongst dance coverists, despite the difficult break dancing steps. After Breaker's promotions ceased, the girls began to prepare for their debut as World Domination.

The album songs were prepared, written and chosen by Jun. K, JYP and Yenny - all who participated in the production of the songs and executing them. The debate then came up - which song would be leading title for the girl's mini album, Get Up or Follow Me? Both were powerful and had a strong beat. Choreography for both were know being worked on as we speak and the girls would begin learning it in less than a weeks time.

More so, photoshoots were being done almost every day as well as recording for the actual album. JYP was heading out for meetings and conferences about the group, describing them as the most talented KPOP group to ever debut in history of KPOP.

After recording the song "Wild", Eunrae, Yana and Soojung left the recording studio to go to the cafeteria downstairs. They grabbed some sodas and chocolate bars to satisfy their needs for sugar.

"What's taking with the choreo so long?" Yana complained.

"Be patient," Soojung rubbed her shoulder, "there are a lot of stunts to be done so that we can be seen as the new GOT7," Soojung explained.

"Meh," Yana shrugged it off, "we can just get Ayako to do all those backflips," Yana chuckled.

"Not many of us can actually perform a proper full back flip. There's Ayako... Snow... Mayvin I think?" Eunrae wondered.

"No Mayvin can't do it anymore since she hurt her back," Soojung shook her head. "That's why myself and Yana have been forced to take more acrobatics lessons..."

"It's so boring!" Yana added. "If I'm not doing acrobatics, I'm being lectured about the physics behind it," she rolled her eyes, making Eunrae snigger.

"You'll get the hang of it eventually," Soojung told her.

"Meh," Yana shrugged. Though all members of World Domination had the minimum capability of doing a back handspring - not all could the backlips and other stunts. Their best of course was Ayako followed by Snow. Yana and Soojung were fitter than most and therefore had the ability to learn to do the more difficult stunts but it wasn't going so well with such limited time left.

"You both girls will get the hang of it soon enough," Eunrae stated confidently.

"You don't have to worry about anything," Yana pointed out, "You're the lead vocalist so you don't have to do anything other than look pretty and show off your voice," Yana's voice was almost spiteful. Soojung laughed while Eunrae gave Yana a short death glare.

Yana and Eunrae were the oldest members, and also the oldest trainees. They didn't bond so easily with the others because they've seen too many trainees come and go. However, Soojung saw a clear change in them once World Domination got announced. Yana spent some time helping Rose speak English and Eunrae practiced her vocals with Lihua and Mayvin more often. They were making friends and grouping World Domination together more as a girl group and as friends.

"Would you look at the time!" Eunrae glanced at the watch. 

"What's wrong?" Yana asked in alarm.

"It's acrobatics training..." Soojung said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. Yana banged her head on the cafeteria table, allowing strangers to glance towards her.

Yana                                         Eunrae                                    Soojung


Acrobatics training was a drag. Ayako, Snow, Yana and Soojung were forced to work hard in attempt to perfect their back flips while the others simply worked on flexibility and cartwheels. After the lesson was almost finished, their production manager had entered saying that the choreography had finally been made and that they'd start tomorrow morning bright and early.

"But to which song are we dancing to?" Eunrae asked.

"Both Follow Me and Get Up," he explained. "It's still not been decided which should be the main song and would should be the supporting one but you'll be promoting both either way. Tomorrow you're all starting with Follow Me which has only a few acrobatics. Get Up has a lot of break movements so Ayako's solo moments will be popular," he quickly pointed out before leaving.

Ayako gave out a burdening sigh. 

"You okay?" Lihua asked coming up to Ayako and rubbing her shoulders. "You don't like the idea of your solo?"

"I like the idea, it's pretty cool being the center of the stage for a couple of seconds but..." Ayako wasn't sure how to explain it carefully.

"It gets very tiring," Soojung explained. "Performing those stunts every single day in practice and live... what are the chances of landing perfectly every single time? Those stunts are difficult, especially for us girls because we don't have that type of body to cope with it as well as men," she smartly stated.

"Maybe Ayako could do the solo of course, but perhaps somone can switch over with her half the time during live shows," Ai suggested. "That might take the pressure off of you."

"That's really nice of you to think of that, but it depends what type of solo. If it's a backflip stunt again, Snow is next in kin and she's even really unsure of her acroabtics," Ayako explained.

"It's true," Snow agreed, crossing her hands across her chest. "I'm no where as confident as Ayako is when it comes to those back flips. I perform fine in practice but on a live stage..." her voice went off.

"Nothing has been decided yet," Lihua quickly spoke out. "We don't even know what type of solo it is so it might all be perfectly fine," Lihua explained calmly.

"You're right," Snow nodded her head and smiled.

"No point of worrying about it for now," Ayako gave the rest of the members a meek smile.


After practice, Ayako decided to skip the lift back to the house and walk instead. The weather was warm from the sun's late evening rays but their was a crisp bitter wind that allowed her to cool down and think clearly. She walked by in the street, her hands buried deep in her pockets with her head slightly bowed. A few highschool girls passed her and gave her a double look, glancing back at the 'handsome boy'. So many people mistook her for a boy but she didn't mind. She even liked that sort of attention. 

Ayako passed by a men's clothing store and she looked in through the glass, staring at red bright nike sneakers that cost over 120$.

"Ayako?" a man spoke out from behind her. Ayako spun around on her heels and faced the man who was standing behind her previously. He was tall, had a nice eye smile and had dark brown hair that wasn't combed.

"Kinam.... Kwang Kinam," Ayako couldn't believe her eyes. There stood the man who she had skateboarded into several months ago. She never forgot his face nor his name.

"What a bizarre coincidence to see you here like this," he seemed genuinely pleasantly surprised.

"You're not a stalker are you?" Ayako frowned.

"Well, if I were... I would've confronted you months earlier," he gave her a playful smirk. Ayako couldn't help but smile.

"Say, coincidence or fate or what not... do you want to have a cup of coffee?" he asked.

"I-I-I don't date," Ayako stuttered, taken a little aback.

"I didn't ask you out," he rolled his eyes but still continued to smile. "It's just coffee and chat. I'd like us to be friends. Perhaps it's a sign," he shrugged. Ayako blushed a little, embarrassed that she jumped to the conclusion of a date but managed to shrug it off.

"Okay let's go," she nodded her head in excitement.

Ayako                                                                                    Kinam