Book One - Chapter Seven

World Domination / JYP Entertainment New Girl Group (Closed)

It was late Thursday evening. The evaluation results were coming out tomorrow and most of the girls were nervous, while others used various methods to pass the time. Yana obviously was at the stables, Snow had work and Ayako went to the skate park with some of her SM trainee friends, including F(x)'s Amber.

Lihua had a special day planned. Exo's Wu Fan was taking Lihua out for frozen yogurt and bubble tea - Lihua's favourite. She couldn't believe the luck she was in. Kris found around two hours to spend some time with her. With EXO's "Wolf" comeback, and a new track "Growl" to be released, she really was lucky to have him find the time. Lihua put on her wedge shoes that looked like runners, but matched perfectly with her cute poka-dotted dress.

"Oh, are we going to see a boy?" Soojung asked, giving Lihua a smirk.

"No..." Lihua stuttered a little, allowing her Chinese accent slip. Soojung snickered but left the issue.

"Just be back home early," Soojung winked, "you don't want to miss the results of our evaluation tomorrow!" Lihua nodded in reply. She took hold of her small handbag/purse and walked out the door in a good mood. She went town the flock of stairs and finally reached the exit of their apartment block. Lihua took the 243 bus straight into Seoul center. On her way there, she replayed the track "Wolf" over and over again, followed by the Chinese version of "Don't Go". Lihua hopped off the bus and walked to the small bubble tea shop that she loved. Sure enough, a lean guy with a grey baggy hoodie was leaning over the counter, waiting for his order. Lihua knew immediately it was Kris, because she gave that hoodie to him as a Christmas gift.

"Peek-a-chu?" Lihua said in a cute, high-pitched voice. Kris turned around, already a beaming smile on his face.

"Lihua! It's so good to finally see you," he smiled. Lihua buried her face in his shoulder as she gave him a hug.

"You have no idea how good it is to see you!" Lihua smiled.

"I'm sorry that I never seem to be in touch, I'm always so busy," he shrugged apologetically.

"You're here now, and that's the most important thing," Lihua replied.

"By the way, it's not going to be just me and you, ya know," Kris quickly added.

"Oh? Who else is coming?"

"Victoria and Luhan are on their way," Kris explained.

"I've never met Victoria... is she Luhan's girlfriend?" Lihua wondered out loud. Kris laughed. Lihua loved when Kris laughed. 

"No silly," he rubbed her head, messing up her hair, "Victoria from F(x). Luhan is good friends with her," he easily explained. Suddenly, Lihua began to get excited that she was going to spend time with another celebrity - F(x)'s Victoria.

"She's so pretty!" Lihua clapped her hands in sheer joy. "I wonder what she looks like in person!"

"Well turn around and find out," Kris ordered with a smirk.

Lihua                                                                                   Kris

Luhan                                                             Victoria

 


 

Ayako skateboarded her way through the outskirts of the city. Here, the cars traveled around thirty miles an hour. Sometimes she'd grab the rear of a car to gain some speed. Usually they didn't mind, and she could see the driver smirk in the review mirror. Ayako 'ollied' onto the path from the road, smoothing out the skateboard from under her feet. She headed towards the bridge, taking a sharp turn. Just then she crashed flat out into a boy. They both went crashing down to the floor.

"," Ayako cursed in English. She quickly leaped off the boy and sat down on her bum. Her knee was burning. She had skidded on the ground, and she was convinced it was bleeding.

"Where the hell did you come out of!" the boy gave out.

"Me?" Ayako gasped in horror. "You shouldn't be taking such a sharp turn!"

"Hypocrite!" he yelled. Ayako winced as she pulled up her skinny jeans to see the cut. She didn't care if the boy was going to give out to her again. Her leg hurt too much. Suddenly, the boy's expression changed from anger to pity. Even though it was rather dark, he could see the trickle of blood oozing from her wound. He knew it was probably badly bruised as well.

"There's a small store close by, it's open till late," he began explaining. "I could help you walk there and clean the wound."

"I thought I was the hypocrite who skated into you?" Ayako raised an eyebrow.

"True," he nodded in reply. "But I think it'll go against my better judgment to leave you like this," he explained. Ayako rolled her eyes but she was going to gladly accept his help. Her leg hurt so badly - she needed to get back. The boy took hold of her skateboard and supported her by her waist.

"Try and not put any weight on it," he told her. And there they limped together for about half a kilometer to a general store.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Ayako... Wood Ayako," Aya said.

"That's weird," he laughed. "English surname and Japanese first name!"

"I'm a mix," she explained. 

"That's cool," he nodded his head, bitting back his lip.

"How about you?"

"I'm fully Korean," he said.

"What's your name?" she asked.

"Kinam," he said with a secret grin, "Kwang Kinam," he added.

"Such a typical Korean name," Ayako muttered a little in pain.

"I grew up in Chindo," he explained.

"Omo... so far away from Seoul," Ayako noted. Their journey lasted another bit, once in a while they would break into conversation of random topics. At one point he asked what her job was, and Aya explained that she was a trainee.

"That's really cool," he smirked with a grin. "One day when you become a celebrity - remember me."

"Huh?"

"Remember me," he repeated in a serious tone, "as the person who picked you up from the ground, when you were a nobody."

Ayako                                                                         Kinam

 


Lihua waved to Victoria and Luhan goodbye. They all went to a small cafe for some tea, while Lihua got the frozen yougurt that Kris promised her. Afterwards, Victoria and Luhan took a taxi back to SM Entertainment. Kris made it his responsibility to get Lihua home. Therefore, they took a short walk together to the bus stop.

"Thank you for finding some time for me today," Lihua said.

"I'm sorry we weren't alone today. However, I think you enjoyed spending time with Luhan and Victoria," Kris noted.

"Of course, it's awesome trying to speak chinese with others. I won't forget my home language that way," Lihua smiled.

"Do you think that... you'll forget Chinese?" he asked in a strange tone.

"Don't think so..." Lihua shrugged, "but what if I loose all my native-speaking friends? How am I supposed to practice?" Lihua pouted.

"You won't loose all your friends," Kris rubbed her shoulders sympathetically.

"You see, it was something Ai said the other day. She mentioned how these two girls - Minyoung and Chohee, didn't like me because of how prideful I am," Lihua explained. "Is my pride in the way of better judgment? Even friendship?"

"Sounds like these girls just don't know you," Kris explained. "And so what if Ai said you're prideful? I always tell you you are but you never seem to get upset over it," he added.

"That's because when you say it, you say it as a compliment," Lihua hissed softly. Attempting to change the subject, Lihua jumped to a stop and playfully spun around to face Kris.

"This is my bus stop and my bus is just there at the traffic lights," she pointed.

"I know," Kris sighed, burying one of his hands in his pockets. "I was hoping you wouldn't notice so that you'd miss it."

"And I'd end up spending more time with you?" Lihua grinned.

"Of course."

"Thank you Kris, again, for today. It was really nice," she went on her tip-toes to hug him.

"It was nice for me too," he replied. Once Lihua landed back on her feet, Kris placed his cold palm on her warm cheek. It caused her face to fire up, turning red almost immediately from his frozen touch. He bent down, slightly cupping her chin to push up her lips. He placed a soft, cold peck on her lips, leaving her breathless and in complete utter shock.

"Goodnight," he kissed her again on the forehead and gave her a small nudge so she'd get on the bus. In a complete and utter haze, she sat down on the bus, staring at Kris outside the window.

He... he kissed me!

Nam Lihua


 

Ai sat at the kitchen table, eating some of Lihua's left over tart. She picked at the edge with her fork, thinking to herself. Mayvin walked inside, opening the fridge and pulling out a red apple.

"Hey sweetie," Mayvin said chirply.

"Hey," Ai replied, still chewing on her tart.

"Have you seen Chohee and Minyoung since the incident earlier?" Mayvin asked.

"Nope. They better not cross my way," Ai hissed through her tart-covered teeth.

"None of the girls can believe what they did. I suppose it's a good lesson for all of us. We need to realize how tough the competition is to debut," Mayvin pointed out.

"I don't care," Ai declared. "I can't believe those S.O.B's would stoop so low..."

Just then, like a magical curse, Minyoung and Chohee walked into the kitchen, whispering to each other. They froze when they saw Ai, sitting at the counter eating the tart.

"Well, look who's here," Ai muttered in a sour tone. Minyoung pursed her lips and straightened her shoulders. She boldy strolled into the kitchen and to the fridge to get a drink. Chohee was chewing the inside of her cheek, still standing at the doorway with her hands folded across her chest. Minyoung shut the door behind her and opened the can, the sizzling sounds breaking the icy silence. Minyoung took a sip of her drink and stood behind Ai, one of her hands on her hips.

"Yah know, I'm not going to apologize," Minyoung stated in a tormenting way.

"What?" Ai slowly turned around.

"I'm not at wrong here. Tell what you want to Jinyoung but I know you're seeing the guy."

"For peat sake will you grow a pair, Minyoung!" Ai raised her voice. "You sound like a feckin' two year old!"

"Excuse me?" Minyoung gasped in outrage.

"Tell what you want to Jinyoung but I know you're seeing the guy," Ai mocked Minyoung's voice. "You sound like a jealous with the a stick up her ," Ai retorded. She couldn't believe what she was saying. However, her anger was raging beyond compare.

"Hey hey, what's all this ruckass?" Soojung walked in.

"Ai is making the ruckass, not me!" Minyoung rolled her eyes.

"You tried to get me kicked out of JYP!" Ai screamed, taking a stance.

"Ai, calm down!" Soojung glared.

"No!" Ai continued, "she deserves every bit of this! Only the most stupid idiot would go to such sheer lenghts to get someone out. I thought we were friends. Or at least on friendly terms. But you're a nobody - you're a back-stabbing betraying nobody!"

And with that, Ai stormed back to her bedroom.

 

Ai

Mayvin                                                                                       Soojung