Book Two - Chapter Eight

World Domination / JYP Entertainment New Girl Group (Closed)

Ai was resting on the hospital bed, completely asleep and out of the world. She looked peaceful at least, Eunrae thought. Eunrae sat by her bedside, massaging and holding Ai's hand from time to time to let her know her friends we here. Yana, Snow and Soojung had left with the manager to go speak to the press about Ai's condition and to formally apologize about the delay in the debut.

The doctor walked in on Eunrae and Rose, clearing .

"Any news doctor?" Eunrae sprung from her seat, her eyes filled with anxiety. The doctor kept her eyes down on her board, reading her notes.

"Ai's condition will improve over time. Fundamentally, she needs rest." 

"What is her condition?" Rose asked, annoyance on her voice. She didn't mean to sound rude, but the nurses didn't actually tell her what was wrong  with Ai.

"It's a simple bacterial lung infection. However, she should have gone to the doctor and received antibiotics. Those "simple" infections can lead to other things if not treated. And as far as I am aware, she was ruthlessly exercising during that time as well, correct?" the doctor looked up from the board to look at Eunrae.

"That's right," Eunrae replied with guilt.

"She'll be bright as new in less than a week. As long as she takes the antibiotics, stays hydrated and rests, she can start performing in a week's time already," she explained with a final smile. The doctor walked up to Ai, took her temperature, measured her heart rate and her blood pressure.

"She seems perfect. She's currently in deep sleep at the moment, just utterly exhausted is all," the doctor gave Eunrae a comforting smile before leaving.

"Well that's good news," Rose sighed in relief, relaxing back into her chair.

"Good news?" Eunrae raised her voice. "This whole thing could have been avoided if I... If I just..."

"What? If you knew? No one knew Rae..." Rose tried to calm Eunrae down.

"But I'm the leader," Eunrae rose up from her seat, almost screaming. "I'm supposed to watch over you guys! How can I do that if I don't know what is going on behind the lines? Behind your expressions?" a single tear trickled down the side of Eunrae's face.

"This isn't your fault," Eunrae heard Ai's croaky voice.

"Ai!" Rose gasped, running to her side. Eunrae, in shock, turned around to find Ai propping herself up against the wall with a weak smile on her face. She smiled at Rose but grimaced at Eunrae.

"It's not your fault," she repeated, hoping Eunrae would stop and just walk up to her side. And that was what exactly Eunrae did.

Jung Ai                                                                          Rae

Rose                                                                   Ai's Doctor



Snow pushed herself through the journalists, holding tightly to Soojung's hand. Soojung was leading the way back into the manager's car. Yana, Soojung and Snow were crowded around outside of the office, journalists and news anchors trying to receive a statement from any of the three, even the manager.

"Will Ai be alright?"

"Is these because JYP is not taking care of his employees properly?"

"Is Ai a target of bullying in the group?"

"What do you have to say for yourself?"

Angrily, Snow pushed a female news reporter in the end, hard enough to make her take several steps back. Snow slipped inside the car after Soojung and shut the door behind her.

"Are you alright?" Soojung asked soothingly. 

"I hate them," Snow grimaced, looking at the reporters with disgust.

"They're only trying to do their job," Yana defended them, sitting in the passenger seat in front.

"And we can't do our job!" Snow almost yelled. "We were supposed to finally debut today! And because of..." Snow bit her lip back, unable to finish the sentence. There was a lingering silence as the manager quietly drove out of the driveway.

"Things like these happen a lot," Yana spoke quietly. "There's nothing you'll be able to do about it when it happens. The only thing we can do is manager to cope and adapt ourselves as these situations arise, and hopefully, leave them behind with a higher state of mind," Yana spoke like a psychologist. Soojung nodded in agreement.

"She's right," Soojung added. "We're still performing on Ingiyako tomorrow, without Ai," Soojung added solemnly. "But we'll work hard and do it for her," she quickly added to save the mood. Snow seemed to relax a little, or so it seemed to Soojung. The frown between her eyes became a little more relaxed as she looked out the window, completely lost in thought.

Snow                                                                        Yana

Soojung



It was almost past midnight. Ayako was alone in JYP building, practicing her dance moves in front of the large mirror. She was practicing her dance moves and her solo steps for their stage tomorrow. Despite Ai's incident, the group was going forward with their onstage debut tomorrow morning.

Ayako knew she should have been home, resting up before the big day but she couldn't. She was angry and upset, her emotions running through like boiling water. She got rid of them one way she knew well - dancing. Half way through her exercising she couldn't hold back anymore. 

She began break dancing with her own swift moves. Angrily swirling, angrily kicking and performing flips.

There was a loud, slow applause in the corner of the studio. Ayako stopped dancing and spun around to face who was there with her. Because of the darkness, she could only make the figure of the individual. It was definitely a male.

"Who's there?" Ayako demanded. Though Ayako could not deny the fear in her voice, she stood firm in her stance.

"It's dangerous for a young girl your age being alone in such a city," he spoke. He seemed young, but definitely mature.

"That's seems rather ist," Ayako shot back. "Who are you?" she demanded, confidently putting her hands on her hips. He switched on the lights beside him, flickering them on. Ayako recognized him immediately. 

Wooyoung from 2PM.

"Wooyoung? What are you doing here oppa?" she asked, this time in a more calm voice. She felt safer knowing it was him.

"Chansung had a meeting earlier on, I'm waiting so I can pick him up and take us home," Wooyoung explained. "What's your excuse?" he asked.

"Couldn't sleep," Ayako simply shrugged her shoulders.

"Nervous about your debut tomorrow?" he wondered.

"Not exactly," Ayako sighed, walking over to her phone and turning off the music. Ayako began stretching her muscles, slowly relaxing her body starting from her toes.

"Do you want to go home? I can drop you off if you wish," Wooyoung suggested. "In fact I think it's an obligation," he added.

"Obligation?" 

"It's unsafe to let you walk home or get a cab," he pointed out. Ayako spun around on her heels and faced him. 

"You really need to watch that cute mouth of yours," she pointed a deadly finger at him.

"You think my mouth is cute?" he smirked. Ayako rolled her eyes.

"Seriously? That's what you got out my statement?" Ayako sighed. "Look, I'll take the ride but not because of the unsafe ist comments, but because I'm too tired to walk all the way back, and I don't think I have enough cash for a cab," she pointed out.

"Alright," Wooyoung nodded his head. "It's a deal than."

Wooyoung                                              Ayako Wood




Wooyoung drove into the girls' driveway and turned off the ignition. 

"That's me," Ayako smiled back at Chansung who was sitting in the backseat. "Thanks for the lift," she patted Wooyoung on the shoulder before opening the door.

"Wait," Wooyoung almost begged. Surprised, Ayako turned back to face Wooyoung with a puzzled expression.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Is..." he seemed nervous. "Is Snow doing okay?" he finally manage to blurt out. Ayako frowned a little. She noticed that Snow was a little distant and colder than usual. She must have broken off her relationship with Wooyoung before the big debut.

"She's okay," Ayako shrugged. "Working hard. She's a vital member in the group and she's pulling her weight," Ayako stated the general comment. Wooyoung relaxed back in his seat.

"That's good," he nodded. "Well then, see you," he let Ayako leave. Chansung gave Ayako a small wave before she shut the door behind her. Ayako watched as Wooyoung drove out of the driveway and off he went. Ayako sighed, digging her hands deep into the pockets of her jeans. Suddenly the gate to their home opened and a girl walked out. Ayako recognized her as Mayvin.

"Mayvin, what are you doing up so late?" Ayako asked quietly as to not wake anyone up.

"ME?" Mayvin almost screamed. Ayako froze in her spot. What in the world was Mayvin so upset about?

"What's going on?" Ayako asked, perplexed.

"How can you not see what's wrong? Wooyoung is Snow's guy, you can't go off sneaking with him behind her back!" Mayvin shouted, approaching Ayako. "What sort of human being are you?"

Ayako was in complete and utter shock. She blinked once. Twice.

"Me and Wooyoung?" Ayako raised her voice. "Are you out of your mind?" Ayako was the one who was almost screaming now.

"I'm not the one sneaking with a boy at 2AM in the morning," Mayvin pointed out, crossing her arms across her chest. "You're evil Aya... I can't believe you'd do such a fowl thing!" Mayvin almost spat in Aya's face. Mayvin spun around on her heels, ready to march back inside. Ayako grabbed her arm harshly, stopping her in her tracks.

"Don't you dare walk away from me with such accusations!" Ayako shouted.

"Accusations? Isn't this proof enough?" Mayvin pointed to the driveway.

"I stayed behind to train for longer. Chansung was in the car with us as well! Wooyoung just gave me a lift back," Ayako explained.

"I didn't see Chansung," she retorted.

"That's because Wooyoung's windows are tinted!" Ayako exasperated in the most 'are you an idiot?' tone.

For a moment there was a lingering silence between them as Aya held onto Mayvin's hand, stopping her from returning back inside. Mayvin's breathing slowed down until she could breathe steadily.

"Okay," finally Mayvin said. "I won't say anything to any of the other members. But it doesn't mean I believe you," she pointed out. "I'll pretend I didn't see anything," she finished. Ayako frowned. She didn't like the fact that Mayvin didn't trust her. She didn't press the issue any further, however.

"Bed time?" Mayvin wondered to which Ayako nodded. Ayako let go of her hand and followed Mayvin back inside. Little did they both know that Lihua had her bedroom window open, leaning against the panels and peering down at the two dancers, listening carefully.

Ayako                                                                     Mayvin                                                                                                    Lihua

Chansung and Wooyoung