Chapter 8: At Cube

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

 

While on his way back Myungsoo, he receives a call from Sunggyu.

“Yeoboseyo? Oh hyung!”

“So how it’d go?”

“It went well. In fact, it went better than I expected!”

“Jinja? So, did they promise?”

“Ne!”

“That’s good then.”

“Oh and it seems so that they researched very well about us.”

“Mwo? What do you mean?”

“They know a lot about us. You, samchon and Minyoung, my connection to you guys…”

“They do?! How?”

“They mentioned something about reading it…”

“Ah! Maybe it was on that magazine where they featured us back then!”

“I remember that now! I guess that’s where they read about us then.”

“Are you on your way back here?”

“Ne.”

“Araseo. I told Minyoung you went to our dorm to check something.”

“Araseo. I’ll be there in a few minutes.”

A few minutes after Myungsoo arrived back at the hospital, BEAST and their manager arrived back at their dorm as well. Even though it was still morning, they were already exhausted from everything they found out so they all went back to their bedroom where they went back to sleep except for Gikwang who was looking at the ceiling above them while thinking about Minyoung.

Minyoung, Myungsoo and Sunggyu all had a talk and agreed that Sunggyu would be staying with Mr. Kim in the hospital.

“It’s the start of Infinite’s hiatus anyway after a successful promotion of our comeback song ‘Man In Love’. We would be having a lot of spare time so I’ll stay here with samchon. In the meantime, go back to the house. There are some people there who would be teaching you two on how to run the company.”

Minyoung and Myungsoo agrees to go back home to meet up with those persons that Sunggyu said. When they arrived back in the house, they went to the study room where those people Sunggyu said were. They introduced themselves as part of Mr. Kim’s staff and that they will be teaching the two on how to properly run the company. They also said that they were now their staff since Mr. Kim has resigned.

For that entire day, they lectured and lectured the two on everything about the company, from the basics to the advanced topics!

“I know that I was samchon’s secretary but, this is just too much!”

“My head’s going to explode!”

They continue well into the night and their last lesson for that day ended at around 11PM.

“We’ll be back tomorrow!” their staff said as they went out of the gate.

“CAN’T THIS DAY GET ANY WORSE?!”  Minyoung and Myungsoo both shout!

Well, it got worse! Rain started falling again!

“I hate spring rains so much!” shouts Minyoung.

They both had a late night dinner and then they retired to their beds soon after.

The next day… (Sunday)

“Yah, Minyoung-ah! (yawns) Our staff’s here already! Wake up!...  (yawns again) YAH! GEOBUGI! WAKE UP!”

“Ohhh… They’re here already?! Aigoo…”

And so, like yesterday, they spent half of the morning on lectures but, during that afternoon…”

“WE’RE GOING SHOPPING?!”

“Yes ma’am! We have to get you and Sir. Myungsoo here some work clothes!”

And that’s how they spent the entire afternoon. The two both themselves essentially all what they needed while working.

Later that night, back at the Kim Residence…

“So, are you both ready to run the company?”

“NE! WE’RE BOTH READY!”

The next day at the lobby of the main office building of KHRC, all the employees were lining up to greet the new presidents!

“It’s almost 8AM! How come they aren’t here yet?”

“Why ask me? I don’t know!”

“Yah! Modu! Look outside! They’re here!”

Outside, a black car has just stopped. Both doors on both sides were opened by two bodyguards and out came Minyoung and Myungsoo wearing their new work clothes!

They both head towards the door where a guard opens it for them with an “Annyeong Haseyo Sir and Ma’am!” They returned the favor to the guard as well.

When they were now inside, the employees all greeted them!

“WELCOME MS. KIM MINYOUNG AND MR. KIM MYUNGSOO! WE’RE ALL HAPPY TO BE OF SERVICE TO THE BOTH OF YOU!”

“Ah um… Gomawo modu!” says Minyoung rather nervously.

“Jeongmal Gamsahaeyo!”

Then, a man and a woman both approach them.

“Mr. Kim, I’m Mr. Baek, your secretary.”

“Ms. Kim, I’m Ms. Lee, your secretary.”

Minyoung and Myungsoo both felt awkward about them being called Mr. and Ms. Kim.

“Um, is it okay if you just address us as Ms. Minyoung and Sir. Myungsoo?”

“Araseo!”

“Everyone, please start your work day with a smile!” Minyoung shouts!

“Modu! Hwaiting!” Myungsoo shouts!

“NE!”

Their secretaries lead them to the elevator. Their office is on the 25th floor. While in the elevator, Psy’s song “Gentleman” started playing!

“You know, this is a weird choice for elevator music!” says Myungsoo.

They finally arrived at the 25th floor. They passed through some offices until they finally came to their office.

“So, me and Minyoung will be sharing this room right?” says Myungsoo.

“Ne Sir. Myungsoo!” says Mr. Baek.

“And this is our desks so please feel free to call for us if you need anything.” says Ms. Lee.

“Araseo. Gomawo!”

“Please go inside now and check if the office is to your liking. Mr. Baek and I would be briefing you two on your schedule in a little while.” says Ms. Lee.

The two presidents go inside their office and is amazed at how much it has changed!

“Omo! A lot has changed! Though I’m still thankful samchon’s things are still here.” says Minyoung.

“Well, at least we’re in one room together. I know that we studied a lot but I still need some guidance from you.” says Myungsoo.

“Araseo oppa. I’m always there for you.” They hear a knock on the door.

“Please come in!” they both said. Mr. BAek and Ms. Lee both enter.

“Ms. Minyoung, Sir. Myungsoo. We have your schedule right here.” says Ms. Lee.

“Kurae? Go on then.”

“You’ll be having a meeting with the CEO of Cube at their headquarters.”

“Then after that, we would be returning back here where you two would be having a meeting with our company’s shareholders.”

“Wait, isn’t Cube also one of our shareholders?” asks Myungsoo.

“Yes sir but Mr. Hong has something to attend to so he won’t be able to come with you after you had your meeting with him.”

“Araseo. “

“After the shareholders’ meeting, there’s nothing up except for some documents signing. Lunchtime starts at 12 and ends at 1PM. Then, you will be having an afternoon meeting with the different heads of each department. Tonight, a company dinner will be held in honor of you two. All of our affiliates, liaisons, shareholders and close friends will be there.”

“Gomapseumnida Mr. Baek.”

“You’re welcome Ms. Minyoung. Mr. Baek and I would be outside if you need us. We still have some few minutes to spare but, would you like to have your car by the lobby already?”

“Ne!”

“Understood!”

The two secretaries leave and closed the door.

“So, you okay meeting the CEO of Cube, Minyoung-ah?”

“Ne oppa.”

“I’ve been meaning to tell you this ever since Saturday.”

“Mwoeyo?”

“I talked to BEAST.”

“Eh?! What did you talk to them about?”

“That they stop bothering you and all. And, they’re really sorry. They sent their apologies through me.”

“…”

“Minyoung-ah, well?”

“Were they sincere?”

“Well, yeah, I guess so… “

“I trust you oppa but… it’s still weighing too much on me so, I don’t know yet…”

“Araseo, I’ll respect your opinion then.”

“Gomawo Myungsoo-ah.”

The door opens again and Mr. Baek enters.

“The car’s ready Ms. Minyoung and Sir. Myungsoo.”

Minutes later, they were on their way to see Mr. Hong Seung-Sung, Cube Entertainment’s CEO.

Myungsoo notices Minyoung who was looking outside with a serious face.

They eventually arrive at Cube’s headquarters. They go to the conference room where they are to wait for Mr. Hong. While on their way there, they run into the six members of BEAST themselves!

“Minyoung-ah!! Myungsoo-ssi!” they exclaimed.

“How rude of you boys! Yah! Even if you six are famous, have some amount of decency and respect! They are the Kim Hotels and Resorts Corportation’s newest presidents!” shouted Ms. Lee.

“Aniyo, Ms. Lee, it’s okay… Annyeong Haseyo, please excuse us.” says Minyoung.

The six members all parted to give way to them. Myungsoo was the last one who passed by them

“I hope you remember your promise.”

“Ne, we do.” says Doojoon.

“Did you tell her our apology?” Yoseob asks Myungsoo.

“Ne.”

“And?”

“She said that what you guys did was still weighing heavily on her so, it’s still hard for her to forgive you guys. I gotta go.” Myungsoo goes to catch up with the others.

“Aigoo, what now hyungs?” asks Hyunseung.

“We have to wait then until she forgives us.” says Junhyung.

“I don’t know what guys but, I have this strange feeling that something bad will happen soon.” says Dongwoon.

“Eh? Something bad? But, she did say that she won’t tell anyone right?” says Doojoon.

“I wonder what it could be then.” says Dongwoon.

“Hyungs, our manager’s here.” says Gikwang as he points to someone coming towards them.

“There you are! Come on! We have something to talk about!”

Later…

“MWO?!”

“We need at least two pictures. Please, do this.”

“But she won’t even talk to us!” says Doojoon.

“I know! Gikwang!”

“Eh?! Why me?!”

“I thought you… like her?”

“…”

“I know it’s hard but, please, give it a try.”

“I don’t know…”

“Yah, I’m also feeling very much selfish for doing this but, we need those photos for your fan meeting this week so…”

“Okay, I’ll do it.”

“Aigoo! That’s our Gikwang! So, where were they headed?” their manager asks.

“Towards the conference room oh and Minyoung and Myungsoo’s with their secretaries, we think.” answers Junhyung.

“I’ll be right back!”

Minyoung and Myungsoo have arrived at the conference room.

“Mr. Hong will be here in a moment. Please excuse me.” says his secretary as she goes out of the room.

“Ms. Minyoung, sir. Myungsoo, would you like anything to drink?” asks Ms. Lee.

“Gwaenchanayo. Have a seat please.”

“Araseo.” Their secretaries sat on two chairs behind them. Then, they heard a knock on the door and when it opens, they see BEAST’s manager coming inside.

“Ahjeossi! What are you doing here?” asks Minyoung.

“I’m sorry sir but….” Mr. Baek was cut off.

“I’m sorry for the intrusion but, I understand that you and Myungsoo here are the new presidents of the KHRC so, is it okay if I speak with one of your secretaries?”

“Eh, what for?” asks Myungsoo.

“I’d like to make an official appointment to see you two.”

“Araseo. Ms. Lee, please do attend to him.” says Minyoung.

“Yes Ms. Minyoung.”

“Kamsahamnida!” He and Ms. Lee go out of the room and talks.

“I wonder why he wants to see us… Omo, but, BEAST promised to me already…” says Myungsoo.

“Maybe it’s not connected to them. Let’s just wait.” A few minutes later, Ms. Lee comes back inside and tells Minyoung that BEAST’s manager would like to see them later that afternoon since they are free anyway. When asked what will they be talking about she says he didn’t tell her. They agree anyway to meet him in a café. Finally, Cube’s CEO, Mr. Hong Seung-Sung arrives. They all stand up to greet him.

“I’m sorry if I kept you waiting! Hahaha! Had a lot of documents to sign!”

“It’s okay sir. We just came a few minutes ago.” says Myungsoo.

“Please, have a seat… Now then, first of all, I’m very much sorry if I can’t attend the shareholders’ meeting of your company today, I have a meeting to attend to you see.”

“We understand sir.” says Minyoung.

“By the way, how’s your uncle now?”

“He’s still in a comatose sir. My brother Sunggyu is staying with him.”

“This is really unexpected. I do hope he recovers fast. Anyways, congratulations to you two for becoming the new Presidents of the KHRC!”

“Kamsahamnida!”

“Oh yes! Miss Kim, should I call you that?”

“Miss Minyoung will do.”

“Araseo. Miss Minyoung, I heard that you’re a B2UTY! A fan of BEAST! Is that true?”

“… Ah yes! I am!”

“You were the one won their contests right?”

“Ne! We had so much fun in their dorm!”

“That’s very good to hear! I’m grateful that they made you happy! Now then to business…”

Blablablabla… They talked about some things about their companies… blablabla…. Boring stuff….

Finally, the meeting ended. They were now in the lobby.

“Sir, I do hope you would be able to come to the dinner tonight.” says Myungsoo.

“Why of course I will be coming! Hahaha! See you all later tonight then!”

“Ne!”

“Oh wait, um, excuse me, where’s the comfort room?” asks Minyoung.

“Oh! It’s that way!  1st door on your right!”

“Kamsahamnida! Myungsoo-ah, I’ll go catch up with you guys. Get in the car now.”

“Araseo. Hurry up then.”

Minyoung goes to the comfort room. When she gets out, she got her phone out as she was checking something, when she didn’t noticed the wet floor sign so, she slipped but fortunately, someone caught her!

“Aigoo!... That was close!... Gomawo…” When she turns to look who caught her, she sees it was Gikwang!

“Oppa!”

“Are you alright?”

“Ah… ne…” For a minute or two they stared at each other’s eyes. They eventually get back to their senses and he lets her stand up.

“Gomawo… thanks for catching me…”

“Araseo… are you okay?”

“Ne, I’m fine.”

“Kurae? Are you leaving now?”

“Ne…”

“Um, excuse me for telling you this but, why are your cheeks red?”

“Eh?! …. (looks at his face) I’d like to ask you the same question then!”

They stood there both looking at each other rather awkwardly.

“I… I…. I have to go… Thanks again for catching me…” she bows her head and quickly leaves.

“Minyoung-ah…”

She manages to get to the car shortly.

“Ms. Minyoung, should we go now?” asks Mr. Baek.

“Ne!...”

“Yah, what’s that look on your face?”

“Nothing…”

“You can’t lie to your best friend. Come on tell me…”

“I saw Gikwang and… he stopped me from slipping by catching me!”

“EH?!”