Chapter 24: A Date With Haekyung

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

“Myungsoo… Minyoung-ah… what are you two doing here?” Gikwang asks as his hands starts shaking.

“We’re asking you the same thing…” says Myungsoo.

“We… we work here now…” Gikwang looks away as he replies to Myungsoo’s question.

“All six of you?” asks Minyoung.

“Ne…”

“Oh… how come Sungjong and the others didn’t see you six here last time?” asks Myungsoo.

“Did they come during the day? We’re the night shift you see. During the day, we all set out to find a place for us to live…”

“Wait, so you’re not living at your dorm anymore?”

“Ne, after that, we stayed at my house since of course, it’s empty… We all thought we would be fine there but, it turns out that mom and dad weren’t able to pay a huge debt to a bank so, the bank confiscated our house. Our manager let us stay here at the restaurant for the time being then.”

There was a long silence which none of the three dared to break until Yoseob, who was coming from the kitchen shouted Gikwang’s name.

“Yah! Gikwang-ah! What are you doing standing there?! Take their orders… Oh!... Omo… (comes near them) Omo! Minyoung-ah! Myungsoo-ah! What are you two doing here?!”

“… Dinner…” Minyoung answers shyly.

“Right um, so, what are your orders?” asks Gikwang.

The two tell him their orders while Gikwang writes down what they’re saying on his notepad.

“Arasseo. Your food will arrive in 10 minutes. Please do wait.” Gikwang bows and then leaves the two.

“Minyoung-ah, are you sure you still want to eat here?” asks Myungsoo.

“Ne oppa. We didn’t know that they’d be here so… Let’s just have a pleasant dinner , arasseo?

“Ne.”

Gikwang gives their order to Doojoon who was in charge of the kitchen. Yoseob meanwhile tells the others about the two.

“Mwo?! Eodi? (Where?)… Aigoo! So they’re really here!” says Hyunseung.

“I guess ahjumma forgot to tell us that Infinite came here for lunch the other day.” says Junhyung.

“How’s Gikwang hyung?” asks Dongwoon.

“I think he’s fine but I’m sure he’s very much surprised.  Come on guys, let’s talk about this later. We have some customers to attend to.”

After a few minutes of waiting, their orders finally came and it was Gikwang himself who served it to them.

“Please enjoy your food and call any of us if you have anything you need.”

“Ne, kamsahamnida.”  Myungsoo says while Gikwang bows again and leaves. He sees Doojoon peeking out from the kitchen.

“Yah, is it really them?”

“Ne hyung…”

“Concentrate on our work first. Don’t think of the past.”

“Algesseumnida.”

While eating, the two can’t help but just praise the food that they’re eating!

“Aigoo! This chicken tastes great!” says Myungsoo.

“Ne, I’d have to agree with you! Yah, let’s take some for Sunggyu oppa!”

“That’d be great then! Ah, excuse me!” Myungsoo raises his hand and this time, it was Dongwoon who approaches.

“Dongwoon hyung!”

“It’s nice to see you two again. Are you enjoying our chicken?”

“Ne oppa. Um, we’d like to take out some of these please. We’re going to visit my uncle in the hospital and bring Sunggyu oppa there dinner.”

“Arasseo! 1 box coming right up!”

A few minutes later, their take out order arrive and they also finish eating. They pay for their meal and their order. Then, the wife of BEAST’s manager goes towards them to ask them if they enjoyed their meal.

“Ne ahjumma, we really did! Um, may I ask who’s the cook?” asks Minyoung.

“Ah! Doojoon-ssi’s our cook tonight! Yah, did it really taste good?”

“Ahjumma! I’m giving this place a two thumbs up!” says Myungsoo.

“Aigoo! Hahaha! Ne! Please come again!”

“Oh you bet we will! Annyeong!” The five waiters also bid them goodbye.

While on their way to the hospital, Minyoung asks Myungsoo something.

“Oppa, we’re really going back there?”

“Ne, the chicken there really tastes great!”

“So you don’t mind them being there?”

“Aniyo, I don’t…. Do you mind that they’re there?”

“Ani… I’m fine. Just a little awkward, especially with Gikwang…”

“It’s kinda sad that they’re now staying at that restaurant…”

“I know… Omo! What about Haekyung?”

“I guess he’s there as well but somewhere inside.”

“I guess you’re right…”

Back at the restaurant…

“Gikwang-ah, are you alright?” asks Doojoon.

“Ne, I’m alright hyung. Just a little surprised.”

“Before we get further, is Haekyung asleep now?” asks Dongwoon.

“Ne, he just finished a homework an hour ago.”

“Arasseo, since they might come back here, let’s just all act nicely and normally, like we do to our customers.” says Doojoon.

“We understand…”

“Good, especially you Gikwang,-ah, don’t let your feelings get the best of you. I know that we told you that we would be supporting you and all but, these are tough times for us. Please understand.”

“Ne, algesseumnida.”

“Omo! BEAST works at a chicken restaurant now?!”

“Yah! Sunggyu oppa! Will you keep it down and, don’t talk when your mouth is full!”

“(swallows his food), So, I’m guessing it was a little awkward a while ago?”

“Ne… it was… It felt like there was some tension as well. Hyung, the chicken tastes great right?”

“NE!”

“Oppa! Don’t talk when your mouth is full!”

“Arasseo! I’m just surprised as much as you guys are…”

“Anyways, any news about samchon?” asks Myungsoo.

“Ani, he’s still the same…”

“Samchon… please wake up soon…”

The next day, well, sometime around 3PM…

“Oppa, is it okay if I go homes first?”

“Wae? Are you sick or something?”

“Aniyo, just tired…”

“Oh… Arasseo, I’ll get the car…”

“Aniyo, I’ll take a taxi. You’re busy here so, I don’t want to bother you.”

“Minyoung-ah…”

“Oppa, jebal?”

“Arasseo, call me when you get home then.”

“Ne, annyeong!”

As soon as she was outside the building already, she spots a taxi and goes inside it.

While on her way home, her taxi stops at an intersection because of the stoplight. When she looks outside, she sees a bunch of kids that seems to be teasing a small boy.

“Aigoo… they’re so mean…”

But, when she looks closely, she sees that it was Haekyung!

“Ahjussi, I’m stepping down here! Here’s my payment! Keep the change!” She hurries out of the taxi and goes towards the kids.

The kids were yelling and calling Haekyung names like “orphan” or “loser”.

“Yah! Stop teasing him!” Minyoung shouts a she runs towards them. When the kids saw her, they ran away but, one of them pushes Haekyung towards the ground before catching up with the others.

“Haekyung-ah! Aigoo!” She kneels to help him get up.

“Are you alright? Does somewhere hurt? Let me see your face… aigoo… You have some dirt here! (gets her handkerchief) Let me take that off from your face… here we go… there! All clean!Do you have any wounds?”

“Aniyo… I’m fine… (looks at her face) Omo! Aren’t you the noona that took away my hyungs’ jobs?!”

“Ah um ah… well… omo… how will I explain this… um…”

“Aigoo… you and Gikwang hyung look so good together… Instead you winded up with that ugly head…”

“Ugly head? Oh? You mean Myungsoo?”

“Ne! Blech!”

“Hahahaha! You’re cute!”

Then, Haekyung’s stomach starts growling!

“Omo! Are you hungry?”

“Don’t worry, I’m on my way to the restaurant so…”

“Why don’t I take you out? Well?”

“For a snack?”

“Ne! How about it? What do you want?”

“Hmm… Ah! Spaghetti!”

“Hahahaha! Arasseo! Let’s go! I know a great place with a great spaghetti!”

“Yey!”

Once they arrived at the restaurant, Minyoung ordered two plates of spaghetti for the two of them.

“So, how’s the spaghetti?”

“DAEBAK!”

“Hahahaha! Haekyung-ah, why were they teasing you back there?”

“It’s because I’m the only one in our class who have no parents…”

“Don’t mind them, just focus on your studies… Sure, being an orphan is hard but, you and your hyung will get through it, I promise.”

“How do you know?”

“Believe it or not but me and my brother Sunggyu, do you know him?”

“Ne! Infinite’s leader!”

“Ne! We both lost our parents as well when we were still young. Myungsoo also lost his parents too.”

“Ugly head too?!”

“Ne, so, my uncle took care of us but, of course, the three of us longed for our parents who never even got to see us grow up…”

“Mianhae noona…”

“Wae? Why are you apologizing?”

“I didn’t know…”

“Aigoo… It’s alright, no harm done. Go on, continue eating.”

“Excuse me, I have to use the restroom.”

“Arasseo, be quick then!”

Haekyung hurries towards the restroom while Minyoung continues eating. Then, she hears a ringtone somewhere.

“Where’s that coming from… Oh! It’s from Haekyung’s bag... I guess he won’t mind if I answer it for him… (gets phone from his bag)… Omo! Gikwang oppa… Aigoo… Yeoboseyo?”

“Yah! Haekyung-ah! Whe… Haekyung-ah? Is that you? Who am I talking to?”

“Um ah… Haekyung’s in the restroom you see um…”

“Ah… Where are the two of you and who are you?”

“…”

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Gikwang oppa, it’s me, Minyoung.”

“MINYOUNG-AH?! Wha-what are you doing with my little brother?”

“You see well… I’ll explain… Where are you right now?”

“At his school, I was supposed to pick him up.”

“Eh? I saw him walking while he was being teased by his classmates… Why don’t you come here?”

She tells him the name of the restaurant.

Minutes later…

“You-you came…”

“He-he’s still in the restroom?”

“N-ne… I…”

“Hyung!”

“Aigoo! Yah! Haekyung-ah! Why didn’t you wait for me at school?!”

“…”

“I told you, he was being teased by his classmates…” says Minyoung.

“Geurae?... Okay, let’s go home now.”

“But, I’m not yet finished eating!”

“Why don’t you stay and eat as well? I’ll order another plate for you…”

“Aniyo, I’m fine. Arasseo, finish eating then…”

“Yey! It’s like I’m being taken out by my mom and dad!” Haekyung exclaims as he sits down and starts eating again.

Minyoung and Gikwang looks at each other and then towards Haekyung. He has no idea how he made those two more awkward towards each other.