Chapter 14: Someone To Cry On

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

“Yah, Gikwang-ah, what’s wrong?” asks Doojoon.

“Yeoboseyo? Hyungnim!... You still there?!...” Gikwang doesn’t answer his younger brother anymore and hangs up.

“YAH!”

“My parents… they were in an accident! I have to go!”

“MWO?!”

The six members and their manager quickly went outside and boarded their van. Minyoung and Myungsoo saw them.

“Why are they in a hurry?” he asks.

“I don’t know. I guess they’re late for something? Myungsoo-ah, let’s go to the hospital. I want to let Sunggyu oppa rest first. Let’s take over for him this day.”

“Araseo. Let’s go then.”

Yah, Gikwang-ah! Calm down okay?” says Dongwoon.

“HOW CAN I HONESTLY CALM DOWN?! TELL ME!”

“Let’s just make it fast to the hospital!” shouts Doojoon.

“On it!” they sped up going to the hospital!

Once they arrived, they immediately went towards the emergency room Outside of it, Haekyung was waiting there.

“Hyungnim!” Haekyung shouts as he runs towards his hyung. Gikwang hugs him and asks: “How’s our parents dongsaeng?”

“I don’t know… they… my teacher got informed about this and took me here…” Haekyung begins to cry. “WAAAHHH!!! APPA!!! EOMMA!!” Gikwang begins to tear up as well so he tightly hugs Haekyung. “Shh… It’s gonna be all alright.”

Minutes later, Myungsoo and Minyoung also arrived. They see BEAST’s van at the parking lot.

“They’re here?” she says.

“I wonder why… Let’s go inside.”

They immediately spot Yoseob and Hyunseung at some nearby seats.

“Oppas! Why are you all here?”

“Well you see…”

They tell them what happened.

“MWO?! Is that true?!”

“Ne… Gikwang and his little brother Haekyung are very worried. They don’t have any family left except for their parents.” says Yoseob.

Both Minyoung and Myungsoo were struck hard by this since their parents are gone now.

“Where’s Gikwang oppa?”

“They’re outside the emergency room.” says Hyunseung.

The two goes quickly towards the emergency room. They see Doojoon, Dongwoon, Hyunseung and their manager seating while Gikwang was walking around. Haekyung was sitting in a nearby chair.

“Gikwang oppa…” Gikwang immediately turns around and sees Minyoung. She was about to walk towards him when he ran towards her and hugged her! He begins to cry….

“Oppa… shh…. Calm down now… Your parents wouldn’t want to see you and your little brother all crying like this…” Myungsoo also approaches him and pats him on the back.

Then, the doors of the emergency room opened and out came the doctor.

“Where are the relatives of Mr. and Mrs. Lee?”

“Here! I’m their eldest son and this is my little brother. Doctor, are our parents alright? Will they be fine?”

“I’m sorry but, we tried everything already… they lost too much blood… I’m very sorry…”

“No… no…. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....”

The funeral starts.

The funeral was held at Gikwang and Haekyung’s house. All of their friend, be it co-singers or family friends all came to give their condolences. The other members of BEAST also helped in the funeral as well as Minyoung and Myungsoo.

Both brothers decided to cremate their parents’ bodies since their other family members were all buried that way.

On the third and last day of the funeral, the two brothers, along with those came to console and grieve with them buried or interred the ashes of their parents into the family columbaria. Everyone especially the other members of BEAST and Minyoung could see that it was like all the happiness from Gikwang was away and not an ounce was left…

That night, Doojoon, Yoseob, Dongwoon, Junhyung and Hyunseung as well as Minyoung, Myungsoo and Sunggyu  (he had Mrs. Park stay with Mr. Kim at the hospital) all stayed at Gikwang’s house to comfort him and Haekyung in any way possible.

Around 8PM, they couldn’t find Gikwang in his room so they all searched for him around the house. Haekyung was with Myungsoo who were searching in Mr. Lee’s study. Minyoung was outside at the garden when she saw Gikwang sitting by the small pond.

“Oh, it’s you Minyoung…”

“Everyone’s looking for you, are you alright?”

“… The truth?... Still not alright… These past three days, everyone’s been telling me and Haekyung to be strong and all but, I really find it hard to do so…”

“Don’t you feel comfortable and strong when you’re with the others?”

“I do but, for some reason, I really can’t right now….”

“Oppa, when mine and Sunggyu’s parents died, we were still very young. That goes the same for Myungsoo. At that time, we didn’t know how much we have lost someone so important to us. Now that we’re at the right age and minds, we feel so jealous towards those who have a mother and father to come home to… It’s a good thing samchon’s there for us… Gikwang oppa, from this point on, Doojoon oppa and the others are now your family, your friends are now your family, forevermore.”

“Minyoung-ah…”

“We’ll always be here for you and Haekyung, you can count on us for that… Oppa!...” Gikwang immediately hugged her and began crying.

“Gomawo… Minyoung-ah… Gomawoyo…”

Minyoung begins to cry as well and so she hugs him too. Behind them, a few inches from them, the five other members of BEAST, Haekyung, Myungsoo and Sunggyu were all looking at the two.

“I want her to be my sister-in-law!” says Haekyung. Dongwoon immediately carries him up and says: “Haekyung-ah, shhh… your hyung might hear you.”

“Then that’s better!”

“She already has someone.” whispers Doojoon.

“Eh? Nugu?”

“That guy.” Yoseob points at Myungsoo who immediately looked at them.

“Yah, ahjeossi, she made a bad choice…. Tsk, tsk, tsk!”

“Eh?!”