Chapter 18: AJ & L's Deal

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

Seeing he got defeated by Gikwang in that round, Myungsoo decided to retreat. He went back to the elevator and went downstairs to the restaurant below them.

“Oppa, please stop now…”

Gikwang stopped hugging and looked at her. “Will you give me a chance?”

“Mianhae… I don’t know… Please excuse me.” She bowed a little and went towards one of the open elevators. She receives a message from Myungsoo.

 

Minyoung-ah, come to the restaurant here.

I’m waiting for you! J

 

With that, she pressed the elevator’s close button.

Gikwang was left standing there while the others approached him.

“So how’d it go?” asked Doojoon.

“She said she doesn’t know…”

“Doesn’t know what?” asks Dongwoon.

“If she could give me a chance…”

“Gikwang-ah… cheer up! There are other opportunities for you to make her say yes to her!” says Yoseob.

“He’s right!” says Junhyung.

“We’re here for you, always!” says Junhyung.

As Minyoung got out of the elevator, she quickly went inside the restaurant and looked for her best friend. He saw him waving his hand. He was standing near the window.

“So, you were here all this time?”

“Ne. Let’s sit.” After Myungsoo pulled her chair for her, he sat on his own chair.

“So are we going to order now?”

“Aigoo, can’t your stomach wait? Here, for you.”

“Eh?... Myungsoo-ah…” He was giving her a bouquet of flowers!

“What’s this for?”

“For us being best friends for a long time.”

“Jinja? I know you when you lie.”

“And because I really do like you.”

“This isn’t pretend anymore, isn’t it?”

“You’re right. I’m telling the truth. So, will you give me a chance?”

Minyoung said to herself: “Should I?”

“Minyoung-ah?”

“… Arasseo… I will. Prove to me that Is hould say yes to you.”

“Gomawoyo! Gomawoyo!”

“Ne! Come on! I’m hungry now!”

“Arasseo! Waiter!”

Later that night…

 

Meet me at the café we went to a few days ago.

 

Ne, I’ll be there.

 

“Where the heck are you going tonight? It’s already 10PM.”

“To meet up with Mr. Baek. I forgot to tell him something that he should be working on.”

“Couldn’t you just call him?”

“You know I don’t like long phone calls. Yah, are you worried about me?”

“Yah! Don’t push it! Be careful then! Oh and bring home some cupcakes! I saw some in that café last time we were there!”

“Ne!”  Before he leaves, he quickly kisses her ont eh cheek before rushing out of the house!

“Yah! Kim Myungsoo! Aigoo! I can hear you laughing!”

“Hahahahaha!”

Myungsoo starts his car’s engine and leaves. Minyoung goes upstairs to their room and lies on her bed.

“There’s something weird about Myungsoo…”

She decides to call Mr. Baek. He tells her he’s not meeting Myungsoo tonight nor did he contact him.

“Jinjayo?... Mr. Baek, is it okay if you go to where he’s going? I’ll tell you the place.”

“Yes Ms. Minyoung.”

“Kim Myungsoo, who are you meeting and why did you lie to me?”

A few minutes before 10:30PM, Myungsoo arrived at the café. He was followed by Mr. Baek who was in a disguise. He sat at the table near where Myungsoo was.

Minutes later, somebody else came into the café. He sat at the chair facing Myungsoo.

“I’ll order some coffee for us to drink.”

“Arasseo.”

Mr. Baek texts Minyoung.

 

Ms. Minyoung, I’m here already at the café.

Sir. Myungsoo and his acquaintance is here

already

 

Jinja? Do you know who is that acquaintace is?

 

I can’t see well… Omo!

 

It’s Lee Gikwang!

 

“I knew it.” Minyoung says as she reads Mr. Baek’s text.

 

Mr. Baek, could you please record their conversation?

 

Ne Ms. Minyoung.

 

Once Myungsoo returns with two mugs of coffee, Mr. Baek presses the record button on his phone.

“Good of you to come.” says Myungsoo.

“Of course, it’s for Minyoung. So, what are we going to talk about?”

“It’s obvious you like her and that goes the same for me. Why don’ we make a deal?”

“Go on.”

“Starting tomorrow, whoever makes Minyoung say yes means that the other has to give up completely. Well?”

“Seems fine to me.”

“So, do we have a deal?” Myungsoo asks.

“Ne, we do.”

“Good then! But you know, I’m going to win.”

“And what makes you say that?”

“I know her more than you do.”

“You’re meant to be her best friend. I’m her bias right?”

“We both have 1 as are score. Let’s see who gets 2 or 3 and wins.”

“May the best man win then.” They give a toast and drink their coffee.

Minutes later, Gikwang leaves followed by Myungsoo.

 

Ms. Minyoung, the two have left already.

 

Geurae? Did you record their conversation?

 

Ne, I did.

 

Please send it to me now.

 

Right away Ms. Minyoung.

 

Gomapseumnida Mr. Baek and, please don’t

tell anyone about this.

 

Of course Ms. Minyoung.

 

A little later, Minyoung receives the audio file and listens to it. She was shocked as what she was listening to!

 

“Tch, let’s see if even one of you wins!”

The next day, during work, Myungsoo keeps on being a gentleman to Minyoung. He also annoys her by winking at her when he looks at her.

Gikwang continuously texts her like before and she does respond.

That entire week, the two try to woo Minyoung into saying yes to them. They do everything in order for that to happen.

Until that weekend, it was Gikwang who invited Myungsoo to come to the café this time. Like before, Myungsoo told Minyoung another lie and left. This time, she followed him secretly under a disguise.

When they got to the café, Minyoung sat behind Myungsoo and Gikwang’s place and listened to their conversation. It was about everything they did during that week to make Minyoung say yes to them.

Minyoung couldn’t take it anymore and so she texted both of them.

 

Having fun talking about what you did this week?

 

The two were surprised to see Minyoung’s message!

“I she here with you?” asks Gikwang.

“Aniyo! She’s back at the house!”

Minyoung then plays the audio file that Mr. Baek sent her. Fortunately, they were the only customers inside.

“Wait, isn’t that us talking?” says Myungsoo.

“You’re right! Where the heck is that coming from?”

“Me.” Minyoung stands up and walks towards them. They both stand up surprised!

“Minyoung!”

“Surprised?”

“Why are you here?” asked Myungsoo.

“To make sure that this time, you buy me those cupcakes… As if that’s the truth! Yah, you two, I know your deal. This entire week ever since you both met last time.”

“Minyoung-ah, mianhaeyo…”

“Save your apologies Kim Myungsoo. You too Lee Gikwang. I won’t listen to them.”

“Please understand…”

“Understand what? That I’m like a prize for the both of you? Am I even a person to you both? Do both of you really love me or what?”

“Yes of course I love you!” says Gikwang.

“Of course I do! From the very start!” says Myungsoo.

“Aniyo… you don’t… I didn’t know you two would stoop this low because of me… I’m so ashamed of you two… Myungsoo, are you still my best friend? Gikwang, I don’t think you’re the same AJ that is my bias in BEAST!  I’m going now, I don’t want to see your faces anymore.”

“Minyoung-ah, please!” Myungsoo said as he holds her hand but she shakes him off.

“No more lies Myungsoo-ah, I’m sick of it…”

With that, she leaves the two utterly speechless.

 

Gikwang- 1

Myungsoo- 1

Minyoung- 2 (beat both Gikwang and Myungsoo)

 

An unexpected winner! Minyoung! XD LOL