Chapter 4: The New Presidents

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

 

1AM. Kim Residence.

BEAST and their manager were now long one. The rain was still very strong.

Then, Infinite’s song “Man In Love” begins to play in Minyoung and Myungsoo’s room!

“… Oppa!... your phone is ringing… pick it up will ya!... aigoo…”

Myungsoo opens his eyes and tries to get his phone which was on a table beside his bed but, he falls on the floor trying to get his phone.

“Aigoo… (he gets his phone and answers it) Yeoboseyo? Nuguseyo?”

“Myungsoo! Wake Minyoung up right now and you two go to the hospital this instant!”

“Sunggyu-ssi? Wae?! It’s 1AM in the morning… I’m hanging up now…”

“NO! TELL HER THAT OUR UNCLE’S IN THE HOSPITAL! HE COLLAPSED!”

“MWO?! Araseo! I’ll tell her!”

“Get here quickly!”

“… Minyoung-ah! Wake up! WAKE UP GEOBUGI!”

“Mwo?! I don’t want to!”

“Sunggyu just called ! Your uncle’s in the hospital! He collapsed earlier!”

Minyoung quickly woke up and sat straight on her bed!

“Mwo?! What did you say?!”

Later, the two arrived at the hospital.

“Oppa!” Minyoung shouted as he ran towards him and gave him a hug.

“Good thing I was able to call you two.”

“What happened?! How did samchon collapsed?!”’

“He was working hard late into the night. The doctor said he had a heart attack…” Sunggyu then looks on the floor.

“Oppa, why did you stop talking?! Wae?!”

“He… he hasn’t awakened up yet… They’re still trying to…”

“MWO?! I want to see him! I want to see him!”

“Minyoung! No! Please! The doctor told me that he’ll call us later. Please calm down. I’m worried as much as you are! Here take a seat.”

The three of them all took a seat and waited for the doctor.

It was about an hour later when the doctor stepped out of the emergency room. He told them that their uncle is now fine and he’ll be transferred to a private room.

Later…

“Samchon!” Minyoung shouted as soon as she saw him entering the room on a wheelchair.

“ Minyoung! Myungsoo! Sunggyu…”

“Aigoo! Yah, why are you happy when you saw these two and then changed expressions when you saw me?” says Sunggyu.

“Because I know what your answer will be when I talk about something to you three.”

“Is it a family one?” Minyoung asks.

“Ne and you young lady, we have to talk later about what happened today.”

“Eh?... Oh.. araseo… (faces Myungsoo and whispers) Oppa, did you tell him?”

“Ne. Mianhae…”

“It’s okay.”

But wait, samchon, you said you were going to talk about something and it was a family one, why will you…”

“Myunsoo-ssi, you’ve been part of this family ever since you first came to our household. Sure, we didn’t adopt you or anything but, you’re definitely part of our family. I guarantee that.”

“Samchon… kamsahamnida!”

“Just get to it now…” says Sunggyu.


I have decided to step down from my post as company president.”

“… EH?!”

“Then, who will…”

“Replace me? Well, I really would like Sunggyu to be the one but…”

“But no samchon! Still no! I know that mom and dad would be very happy if I did take up that post but, I’m sure that they would’ve told me to follow what my heart tells me. And it tells me no. Please understand…”

“Araseo. I understand so, Minyoung and Myungsoo, I would like to make you two Co-Presidents.”

“CO-PRESIDENTS?!”

“But, why me also samchon? I understand Minyoung perfectly because she’s your niece and all but, why also me?”

“Because that’s what Minyoung and Sunggyu’s parents wished. We all agreed to it a year before their deaths that if Sunggyu here refuses to succeed to whoever is the current President, Minyoung here and you Myungsoo would become Co-Presidents. Our shareholders have already agreed about this. Ever since you two met, you’ve been doing things together and actually, one of our shareholders, when he saw you two he said that it would be nice that when you guys grow up, you two become the presidents of our company.”

“Aigoo… we didn’t know this…” Minyoung says.

“But, are you sure samchon? That you also want me?” asks Myungsoo.

“Ne. Well?”

“So from being your secretary, I become President, so is Myungsoo… I don’t know samchon…”

“I know this is all very sudden but, you two only have until Sunday to think about it because next week, I’ve just been informed that I would be having a meeting with the CEO of Cube. We’re the largest shareholder in their company.”

“EH?! WE ARE?!” Minyoung shouts.

“Ne! You didn’t know that? Oh wait… speaking of Cube, you two, leave me and Minyoung here for a while please.”

“Waeyo?” Sunggyu asks.

“I’ll go explain it to you hyung outside.” says Myungsoo as he pushes Sunggyu towards the door and out.

“Samchon…” Minyoung starts getting sad again as she sits down and thinks of what happened yesterday.

“Are you okay now?”

“Ne…”

“Myungsoo told me that you told BEAST that you won’t tell anyone what truly happened there. Is that true?”

“Ne…”

“May I ask why?”

“Because I don’t want to be the cause of sadness and depression for all those fans of their out there who, like me back then used BEAST as my inspiration in my daily life. Think of how their school or work might get affected.”

“I see, I understand.”

“But…”

“Go on…”

“I… I’m not their fan anymore… after what they did… I don’t think a loyal fan like me would stay as such.”

“But, what about your bias in their group?”

“Gikwang oppa? I still like him it’s just that he didn’t do anything to help me… “

“Just remember what your mom always tells you to do, follow your heart. Do what you think is the best but, please, make sure you and Myungsoo think about what I said or else I’ll really force Sunggyu to take it. Hehehe…”

“Aigoo, samchon, ne, I will.” Minyoung then leaves the room.

“Yah, do you want me to go there and…”

“And what oppa? Punch them one by one? And then have Infinite’s entire reputation on the brink? Ha!  Oppa, please, don’t think of stuff like that.”

“But Myungsoo said you were wavering about being a B2UTY…”

“I’m not anymore their fan. That’s what I came into conclusion hours ago and that’s final… Sunggyu oppa, let’s not talk about this. I really want to move on and all…”

“Araseo but, do you really had to throw that album with the note on it to them?”

“Mianhae, it only popped into my mind. I really don’t want to see them again you see. Myungsoo oppa here just have to throw it to Dongwoon oppa who was innocent…”

“I was trying to aim for the ground! Mianhae…”

“Anyway, Myungsoo oppa, let’s go talk somewhere.”

“About… ah! Araseo. Sunggyu-ssi, are you going to stay here?”

“Ne, as if I have any choice. Go on then you two…” Sunggyu was cut short by Minyoung who hugged him.

“Gomawo oppa, I know that you only want to protect me and all. Thanks for also staying here with uncle.”

“Araseo… I’m still your brother after all… Even though you’re very bossy sometimes…”

“Yah! I am not bossy! And, (looks at Sunggyu and Myungsoo’s stomachs) you two better get started in having some abs or else girls won’t find both of you more attractive. “She stops hugging her brother and starts to walk away from them.

“What the heck! Yah! We don’t need abs so that girls would fall in love with us!”

“Yeah well that’s when you were born apparently!” Minyoung shouted.

“I’ll be going with her now. Don’t let it get to your head hyung. Annyeong!”

“Araseo… annyeong and take care of her will ya?”

“Ne!” Myungsoo runs off to catch up with Minyoung while Sunggyu goes back inside.

The rain was still strong during that time.

The two best friends sat on one of the chairs and talked about what their uncle told them.

“I don’t know Minyoung-ah… both of us as presidents?”

“I’m actually unsure too but… uncle is really in bad health… and Sunggyu is really adamant at not taking up the position…”

“I guess, we have no choice then, right?”

“Ne… With samchon leaving the company in a good state, I guess we’ll be okay.”

“You’re right. Should we go tell him now?”

“Araseo…”

They both went back to Mr. Kim’s room.

“Oh. You two are back already?” asks Sunggyu.

“Ne oppa. Samchon, me and Myungsoo here have made a decision.”

“Already? I told you, there’s still Sunday so…”

“Aniyo samchon. We’re going o follow Mr. & Mrs. Kim’s wishes. We’ll be the new Co-Presidents of the Kim Hotels and Resorts Corporation!”