Chapter 17: AJ vs. L: Round 2

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

Minyoung’s eyes widened as Myungsoo pressed his lips on her own. She said to herself: “What is this pabo doing?! I know we’re pretending that we’re dating but this is just too much! I feel so embarrassed in front of Gikwang!”

Myungsoo meanwhile said to himself: “Mianhae Minyoung-ah, I can’t take it anymore! I don’t want you talking, texting or communicating with him anymore! I’ll make sure to make you happy with me!”

Gikwang stood there, frozen at the sight unfolding in front of him.

After like about a minute, Myungsoo stopped kissing Minyoung. He held her left hand and looked at Gikwang.

“You can go now. Let’s go inside now Minyoung-ah.” He turned around and proceeded to walk back inside while pulling Minyoung. Before she was completely back inside, she gave one last glimpse at Gikwang who was looking at her with a worried look. She couldn’t do anything but look down on the ground and thought of what to do next.

“Mrs. Park, please close the gate for us.” says Myungsoo.

“Yes sir.” She quickly went towards the gate, closed and locked it.

Gikwang was still standing there, contemplating at what just happened. The scene just keeps repeating in his mind. He then receives a call.

“… Yeoboseyo?”

“Gikwang-ah! Where are you now?! We’re starving! Where’s Minyoung’s cake?!” Doojoon shouted.

“It’s here with me. I’m on my way there…”

Doojoon noticed that something was off with Gikwang’s tone.

“Yah, are you alright? Did something happen?”

“I’ll tell you when I get there.”

Later…

“MWO?!”

“You heard what I said…”

“So, that confirms it then… Minyoung and Myungsoo really are dating…” says Dongwoon.

“But Minyoung did tell us not to tell anyone. I guess they’re waiting for the right time to tell the public.” says Yoseob.

“I still can’t believe that Myungsoo managed to pull that off right in front of you. Are you alright Gikwang-ah?”

“Ne…”

“I think it’s best if you don’t talk with her for a while considering that Myungsoo is with her all the time. You might get into trouble if…” Junhyung was cut short by Gikwang.

“If what? I just give up? I know that I said that I won’t do anything that might harm their relationship but, I can’t take it anymore! I AM IN LOVE WITH MINYOUNG!”

“Gikwang…” The others were so surprised by what he said and looked at themselves.

“Okay, we’re all brothers here so, we’ll help you.” says Doojoon. “Just tell us what to do.”

Back at the Kim Residence, Minyoung and Myungsoo were both at the living room. Myungsoo turned to face Minyoung but, he was met by a slap from her! He also saw her tear filled eyes.

“Yah, are you going crazy now?! I know that we’re pretending that we’re dating but, how could you do something like that?!”

“Because what I said there is the truth! I do love you!”

His words took her by surprise!

“Yes, we are pretending but, I couldn’t help but fall for you…”

“Myungsoo-ah, I thought we’re best friends?! How could you…”

“Can’t we be more than best friends?”

“…”

“Or you want to be with Gikwang that’s why you’re like this?” says Myungsoo.

“Yah! Don’t drag him here!”

“Wae?! Why shouldn’t I?! Aren’t you happy with me?”

“I am but, the sort of happiness that you’re talking about is happiness that comes from two best friends!”

“I’m sorry but, I can’t stop my feelings for you anymore…”

“… I’m tired… I’m going to bed now…” As she begins to walk towards the staircase, Myungsoo holds her hand.

“Minyoung-ah, mianhae…”

“Just… I don’t want to talk to you… Let me go…” With tears falling from her eyes, she quickly went upstairs to their room and to her bed. She hid herself under her blanket.

Myungsoo was left standing at the living room. Outside, another thunderstorm develops over Seoul.

Myungsoo also goes upstairs but goes towards the bathroom. He washes his face and then looks at the mirror for a few minutes. He looks at his reflection and then asks himself: “What is going on with you? You just made Minyoung cry!” He dried his face with a towel before heading to his and Minyoung’s bedroom. He sees her all covered under her blanket.

“She must not want to see me…” He walks towards her, removes the part of the blanket covering her face. She was asleep already and he sees tears on her cheeks.

“Mianhae Minyoung-ah…” He kisses her on the forehead before turning around and going out of the bedroom. He decides to sleep in Sunggyu’s room where he slept back then. Since Sunggyu was back in the hospital taking care of Mr. Kim, he decides to sleep on his bed.

The thunderstorm brings heavy rains again across Seoul. Thunder and lightning flashed in the sky which woke Gikwang from his sleep. He got out of their bedroom to get a drink. While drinking, he remembers what happened a few hours ago, when Myungsoo kissed Minyoung.

“Minyoung-ah, are you alright? I swear I won’t give up. I won’t give you up!”

At the same time, Minyoung also woke up because of all the thunder and lightning. She gets her phone and sees that it was only 3AM. She saw that it was raining heavily outside and that thunder and lightning were rumbling and flashing. She instantly remembers that this was the same scene when that thief, years ago came in. She starts getting scared as she remembers everything that happened during that time. She looks at Myungsoo’s bed hoping to find him there but he wasn’t there.

So, she stood up and walked out of the room. She went to Sunggyu’s room which was in front of her room. She opens the door and sees Myungsoo sleeping on Sunggyu’s bed. She decides to sleep there with him since she’s starting to get traumatized again. She lay down beside him, pulled some of his blanket over her, turned to face him (he was facing her) and went back to sleep.

Morning came. It was around 5:30AM when Myungsoo woke up, to his surprise, he sees Minyoung sleeping beside him and what surprised him more was that he was hugging her!

“Minyoung-ah!...” He hears her mutter his name while sleeping.

“Myungsooo-ah… mianhae… I didn’t… mean to… slap you…”

He smiles and kisses her on the forehead. He lets go of her and goes to the bathroom to do his morning duties. Once he gets back to Sunggyu’s room, Minyoung was already awake.

“It’s still early. Go back to sleep…” Myungsoo said as she smiled. He was about to go outside again when Minyoung said: “Mianhae for last night… I really didn’t mean to slap you…”

“It’s okay. It doesn’t hurt anyway. Go back to sleep now. I’ll cook breakfast for us. Wait, you got scared back in our room didn’t you?”

“Myungsoo-ah!... Ne… It reminded me of that time…”

“Jinja? Mianhae, I should’ve been there with you.”

“It’s okay. Anyways, you know that I can’t go back to sleep anymore once I wake up. Just call me once breakfast is ready.”

“Ne!”

While eating, both Myungsoo and Minyoung were stealing glances at each other.

So at the same time, they both said: “Yah, what is it that you want to say?”

“You go first.” says Myungsoo.

“Aniyo, you go first.” says Minyoung.

“Ladies first.

“The one who cooked breakfast first.”

“Kurae. I’m sorry for what happened last night. I really am.”

“I forgive you but, are you really...”

“Ne, I’m in love with you. But, I’m not expecting that you’d give me a positive answer or that sort. I’ll wait if I have to.”

“Araseo. I’ll still treat you as my best friend no matter what happens because well, you are my best friend! Even if we do start dating.”

“Gomawo! Oh right, would you like to go to Namsan Tower later?”

“Eh? Wae?”

“I feel like seeing the whole of Seoul from above.”

“Aigoo… Myungsoo-ah, that’s your favorite place in all of Seoul and I’ve always been with you when you go there. Ne, let’s go later then.”

“Daebak! Continue eating then!”

Mrs. Park and the 5 other maids (all her siblings) were by the kitchen and heard everything.

Later…

“Mrs. Park, don’t make dinner for us anymore tonight. We’ll be eating outside.” says Minyoung.

“Araseo. Good luck at work and have fun later!”

“Ne! Annyeong!” says Myungsoo. He opens the door of his car for Minyoung , closes it and then gets inside as well. Half an hour later, a car arrived in front of the Kim Residence; it was Doojoon’s car.

“Yah, I know what we said last night but, isn’t this too risky?” says Doojoon.

“I need to talk to her.” says Gikwang as he and Doojoon step out.

At the other side of the gate, Mrs. Park and the 5 other maids were watering the plants of the garden and were talking about Myungsoo and Minyoung.

“Aigoo, Myungsoo and Minyoung do look good together!”

“Ne! You’re right!”

“I’m sure those two would end up together!”

“But, do you think Sunggyu would approve?”

“How about Mr. Kim? Will he approve of them once he wakes up?”

“Yah! Stop talking there and focus on what you’re doing!” says Mrs. Park.

“Ne unnie!”

“By the way, since Minyoung and Myungsoo would be coming home late, don’t make any dinner anymore.” says Mrs. Park.

“But isn’t it just sweet that those two would be going to Namsan Tower later after work? Do you think they’ll be having a date there?”

Outside of the gate, both Gikwang and Doojoon were about to push the doorbell when they heard the maids talking.

“I’ve got an idea.” says Gikwang.

That entire day, Myungsoo was extremely sweet towards Minyoung. Although she knows why, she still treats him as her best friend, just like before. When the two are in their office, Minyoung would catch him staring at her.

“Yah! Myungsoo-ah! You have something to read!”

“I know!”

“Aigoo!”

Later, Minyoung went to the coffee room to make some iced tea for herself. Ms. Lee came in.

“Yeonhwa-ssi, mianhae…” says Minyoung.

“Eh? Why are you saying sorry?”

She tells her the truth.

“…”

“Yeonhwa-ssi! Omo! Are you alright?!”

“…”

“Myungsoo’s behind your back.”

“…! Mwo?!” She quickly looks behind her but sees no one. “Minyoung-ah!”

“Thought so! I knew you’d react to that! So, are you alright?”

“Ne, I am. It’s okay, you don’t have to apologize to me or anything. But, isn’t what you’re doing too risky?”

“I know but, he says it’s necessary so that Gikwang would stop bothering me…”

“And do you want him to stop bothering you?”

“I honestly don’t know… He’s more of a close friend to me now…”

“Aigoo… this is troublesome. Just do what your heart tells you to do.”

“My heart?...”

During lunchtime, Myungsoo took Minyoung to a nearby restaurant. He paid for everything. While eating, Minyoung noticed that Myungsoo was all smiles.

“Looks like someone is very much happy today.”

“Ne! I’m eating with the girl that I love!”

“Aigoo…”

“Oh wait, you have something on your cheek… here…” Myungsoo wiped the food bit on Minyoung with his hand. While doing so, Minyoung looked at him and saw that he was very much happy.

“Yah,  are you… really in love with me?”

“Ne…”

“Honestly, I’m bothered by this but, you’re my best friend. So…”

“Don’t worry. I’ll wait if I have to.”

“Gomawo… oppa.”

“Yah, we’re of the same age.”

“Aniyo, I want to call you oppa.”

“Ehehehe… Funny much Minyoung-ah. Let’s just eat.”

“Ne oppa!”

Fast forward into the afternoon. By 5PM, Minyoung and Myungsoo were already finished with work. They were now on their way to Namsan Tower.

Meanwhile at the tower’s base six guys, all disguised went inside and headed for the elevator. Once theye were at the top, they all scattered around and waited… for two people to come.

Minyoung and Myungsoo both reached the tower’s base some few minutes later. When they were in front of the elevator, waiting for the doors to open, Myungsoo excused himself.

“I forgot something in the car, is it okay if you go up there first?”

“Araseo. I’ll be waiting for you then.”

“That’s my girl!”

“Aigoo! Just go now!”

“Ne!” With a smile, Myungsoo quickly left. As soon as he left, the doors of the elevator opened and Minyoung and some people went inside. As soon as they were gone, Myungsoo went back inside the tower again and waited for the other elevator to open.  (Myungsoo is of course in a disguise)

Minyoung reached the top of the tower and walked towards a nearby pair of binoculars. Beside her was a guy in a brown coat and was wearing some shades. He looked at Minyoung and when he recognized her, he got his phone out and texted the others who were with him: “Yah, she’s here although she came alone.”

“Go for it Gikwang hyung!” Dongwoon texted.

“We’ll be on the lookout for Myungsoo!” texts Doojoon.

“Make sure your phone vibrates so that we’ll be able to alert you.” texts Yoseob.

“You can do it!” texts Junhyung.

“We’re all rooting for you!” texts Hyunseung.

Gikwang all thanks them and proceeds with their plan.

Meanwhile, Myungsoo has just nought a bouquet of flowers for Minyoung from a flower shop at one of the tower’s floors. He then rides the elevator to the top.

Gikwang makes his move: “Lovely view of Seoul isn’t it?”

Minyoung replies: “Ne, it is.”

“Did you come here alone?”

“Aniyo, I’m here with my best friend… and boy friend.”

Gikwang clenched his fist tight: “So, you’re with two people?”

“Aniyo, they’re one person.”

“Ah… you know, I kinda recognize you.”

Minyoung stops lookin through the binoculars and faces the guys instead. “Eh?”

“I said I kinda recognize you. Do you recognize me?”

“Jinjayo? Recognize you?”

“Ne, my voice.”

“I don’t think so…”

Gikwang removes his shades and winks at Minyoung. “Hi there Minyoung-ah.”

“Gikwang oppa? What are you doing here?”

“Here to tell you that I won’t give up my love for you.” After saying that, he pulls Minyoung and embraces her!

“Saranghaeyo, Minyoung-ah…”

“Oppa…”

A lot of people were staring at them but they don’t know it was Minyoung or Gikwang.

The moment Gikwang pulled Minyoung and embraced her, Myungsoo has just arrived at the area where the two was and was looking at them.

“Minyoung… who the heck is hugging you?... Gikwang…”

Round 2 is over! Gikwang wins Round 2!

Will there be a Round 3?