Chapter 33: A Declaration of War! AJ Vs. L Again!

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

After the rather awkward dinner, both Sunggyu and Myungsoo retired to their rooms. They said goodnight to everyone before going upstairs.

Once they were inside their room, Myungsoo gave Minyoung a hug so tight that she couldn’t almost breathe.

“Oppa! What’s wrong with you?! Geumanhae… I can’t breathe…”

“Mianhae… It’s just that I just missed you so much…”

Minyoung perfectly understood him so she gave him a hug as well.

“… Minyoung-ah… I’d like to ask you about…”

“…about the garden incident. I know you will.”  They broke off their hug and stared at each other. She gave him a weak smile before saying: “Come on, let’ seat.”

They both sat at her bed and she began telling him what happened at the garden.

“So that’s what happened…”

“…Mianahe… I know you told me that I shouldn’t get closer to him…”

“Minyoung-ah…” He suddenly hugs her to her surprise.

“I’m not mad at you or anything like that. I’m just really worried for you, that’s all.”

“Myungsoo… Gomawo… Well, I’m guessing you’re tired after your trip. Why don’t you get some rest then?”

“Arasseo, I am a bit tired. Are you going to work?”

“Ne oppa, I have to. I have 3 meetings to attend to today so…”

“Then I should go too!”

“Andwae! I already told everyone that you’ll be back today and they all understood that you have to rest!”

“But…”

“No buts! Come on now, lie down and rest. I’m gonna go get changed now.”

“Arasseo.”

Later…

Myungsoo rose from his bed after an hour of rest and went downstairs. He saw Hyunseung sweeping in the living room.

“Um, have you seen Gikwang?”

“He’s in the garden watering the plants.”

“Ah… gomawo.”

He quickly went to the garden and saw Gikwang facing the flowers. He approached him, tapped him from behind and said: “We need to talk.”

“Oh um, I’ll just finish this then. Don’t worry, this won’t take much longer.”

“Arasseo. I’m upstairs in the library.”

“Eo… I’ll be there shortly.”

A few minutes later…

“You wanted to talk to me?” Gikwang said as he closed the doors of the library.

“Ne. Have a seat.” Gikwang sat on one armchair facing Myungsoo.

“To cut the long story short, I want you to stop… stop coming near Minyoung.”

Gikwang didn’t answer.

“I suppose’d that you know why I’m saying this to you.”

“… Of course. Fine, I’ll tell you the truth then, I still have feelings for her even after everything that happened to me and my groupmates. I won’t easily give up my feelings for her.”

“And how sure are you that Minyoung will reciprocate those feelings for you after everything that happened?”

Again, Gikwang didn’t answer.

“Thought so. Look, I’m one tough opponent to beat. Minyoung is someone that I treasure so much and I won’t let you hurt her AGAIN. Got that?”

“Well, that goes the same for me. She’s very much important for me. She’s the only girl that made me feel this kind of happiness which I’ve never experienced before. Seeing her everyday makes me happy already.” Myungsoo was tapping his finger on the armchair he was sitting on while giving a glare to his rival.

“I won’t melt if that’s what you’re trying to achieve with that glare of yours.”

“Are you declaring war on me?”

“Hmm? I guess that’ll be better. Fine, I declare war on you Kim Myungsoo. I’ll make Minyoung fall in love with me.”

“Let’s see if you can. I already have a lot of defenses put into place.”

“Jinjja? Ha! That is if they all work.”

“Oh I’m sure they will work. And besides, I have the home advantage. You’re in my territory and I call the shots here.”

“That may be so but, I believe the playing field has been leveled.”

“And why?”

“…Actually, I just wanted to say that…”

“Eh?!”

“Well, if this is finish, I have to go back downstairs now.”

“Go then. I have something to tell Minyoung anyway.”

Gikwang leaves the room while still looking at him, closes the door while Myungsoo gets his phone and calls Minyoung.

“Oppa!”