Chapter 12: Alone With Him

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

Minyoung looked around her and saw that something has changed.

“Hmm, everything’s in order. It’s spic and span everywhere… It’s probably due to me coming…”

While driving, Myungsoo receives a call from Sunggyu asking him about him and Minyoung.

“YOU WHAT?!”

“Mianhae! I really had to take care of this aand she said she’s fine. And, I’ve got to tell you something important…”

“MWO???!!! YOU AND HER???!!! DATING???!!!”

“It’s only pretend! I have a hunch that Gikwang likes her so, to stop him from bothering and confusing her, we decided to do this. Okay fine, it’s my idea so I’ll take full responsibility for what happens.”

“Does anyone else know about this?”

“BEAST does.”

“ALL SIX MEMBERS?!!!”

“Ne. Don’t’ worry! We’re keeping it a secret! Like, we’re secretly dating!”

“Aigoo…  Araseo! But! Be careful! I really don’t like this but, as her brother, I agree with you. I don’t like seeing her so much bothered by them. I’ve got to go now. Oh wait, you guys will come later right?”

“Ne hyung!”

“Araseo. Annyeong!”

Back at the dorm, Minyoung couldn’t help it anymore so, she starts wandering around.

“Hmm, I’ll try not to make too much noise so as to not wake Gikwang.”

She walks into the kitchen and sees that it was clean there as well. She then notices the windows that she cleaned back then.

“Should I forgive them already?”

She walks back into the living room and sits back at the couch. She gets her phone and earphones and wears it. She then plays her current playlist.  A few minutes later, she falls asleep while listening to Davichi’s “Turtle”. Half an hour later, Doojoon and the others arrived a the mall and at the same time, Myungsoo also arrived back at the office when it started to rain very hard.

“Omo! Spring rains are really the worse! Minyoung-ah, I’ll be back real fast!”

“Yah! Did we bring an umbrella? Our car’s parked at the open air parking!” says Doojoon.

“Aniyo… we didn’t… let’s just buy!” says Yoseob.

“AIGOO!”

Back at the dorm, Gikwang was awakened by the strong rains.

“(yawns) Aigoo, it’s raining again? Oh right! How come they didn’t wake me up? (stands up and walks towards the door) Yah! Hyungs!” When he opens the door, he doesn’t see anyone except Minyoung sleeping at the couch while seating.

“Minyoung-ah…”

He walks towards her and sees she has her earphones on. He gets one of the earphones and wears it. Girl’s Day’s “Expect” was playing. He smiles while listening. He sits beside her. He looks at her sleeping face and was just mesmerized by her beautiful face. He touches her face with his left hand while his face gets closer until their faces were so close already. He then quickly gives her a peck on her lips, smiles and retreats back but not that much far from her face. He also puts back the earphone he used on her ear again. Her eyes opens and sees him so, he lightly slaps her before retreating as quickly as he could!

“Yah! Oppa! Why the heck did you slap me?!”

“The-there was a mosquito on your face. I have to wash my hands.” He gets and walks to the kitchen while blushing.

Minyoung follows him with her look.

“There was a mosquito on my face? I didn’t feel anything…”

While washing his hands, Gikwang couldn’t help but smile! After that, he returns back to the living room and asks where the others are so she tells him.

“Kurae? Araseo… Aigoo, they better hurry it up. I’m really hungry.” says Gikwang.

“Me too…”

“Why did they the others have to buy those things today? They could’ve just bought at the nearby store. Anyways, we’ll just have to wait for them then.”

“Ne…” Minyoung takes off her earphones and keeps it along with her phone.

“So, you and Myungsoo are really dating?”

“Ne oppa…”

“(nods) Araseo… So what made you say yes to him?”

“It’s… kinda personal… You know, since he has been my best friend and all for a long time so I guess, you know… hahahaha…”

“Oh right, Minyoung-ah, have you forgiven us already? The others are really sorry for what they did.”

“Well, although what they did to me is still weighing heavily on me, this day’s events kinda lifted some of that heavy weight… Ne, I forgive you all.”

“Jinja?! Gomawo! I’ll call them right now! (gets his phone and calls Doojoon)… … … what the heck? No signal?! Can you check your phone?”

“Araseo.” She also gets her phone and tries to call Myungsoo to no avail.

“I don’t have a signal either.”

“Aish! Let’s just go watch some T.V. then (turns on the television and sits on the other end of the couch where Minyoung was)… and there’s no cable… Wow… just great!” Then, lightning strikes followed by a loud thunderclap! Both of them were caught by surprise! Minyoung quickly sat beside Gikwang and…. Hugged him!

“Oppa! Aigoo!” she said as she buried her face on his chest.

“Yah… Minyoung-ah… are you all right?” he asks.

“It’s like that time…” Then, she gets back to her senses and stops hugging him.

“Mianhae…”

“It’s alright… what do you mean like that time?”

“You see, I used to sleep alone in my room…”

“Ah yes, Myungsoo told us about… Oops!”

“It’s okay oppa, he told me that he talked to you guys. Anyway, I used to sleep alone in my room while Myungsoo slept in Sunggyu’s room. Our rooms are facing each other anyway. It was a rainy day like this actually, with all the thunder and lightning. At around 3AM, a thief broke into my room by going through my room’s window. You know the one where, Myungsoo threw that CD on Dongwoon… I’ll apologize to him later.”

“Ah! That reminds me! Wait here!” Gikwang stands up and heads back to the bedroom before returning a few minutes later with something in his hand. “Here, we kept it so that we would be able to return it to you when you forgive us.” It was the Midnight Sun album that Myungsoo threw towards Dongwoon.

“Is it still all in one piece?” she asks as she opens it.

“Ne.”

“Aigoo, this album is worth a lot of memories.”

“Waeyo?”

“(looks at him) I actually slept outside the music store so that I would be the first one to buy it… Yah! Why are you laughing?”

“Hahaha! Jinjayo?”

“Ne! I really did!”

“Hahaha! Anyways, what happened after the thief came inside your room?”

“Well, he was a clumsy thief because he made some of my stuff fell when he hit a nearby table so that’s what made me wake up. I was traumatized due to the fact that he was wearing a black shirt and pants and had a black mask. At that time, the power was out due to the thunderstorm. So, when a lightning struck, the thief casted a shadow on the wall which reminded me of some nightmares that I had as a child so I got really scared and started screaming.”

“Wait, that time, were you already with your uncle?”

“Ne.”

“Araseo… Go on then.”

“He quickly went towards me and tried to shut me up by placing his hands on my mouth but, Sunggyu oppa and Myungsoo already got up and went towards my room. The thief saw them and tried to jump off my window but they were able to stop him. After samchon called the police and had the thief arrested, Myungsoo offered to sleep with me but Sunggyu, feeling his pride as my brother hurt, also slept with me so what actually happened was I was in between those two. And trust me oppa, you wouldn’t want to be in that position.”

“Waeyo?”

“Well, both of them snore, kicks and even talks while sleeping. It’s a good thing none of them sleep walks!”

“Hahaha! So, how did Myungsoo eneded up sleeping with you?”

“I asked him personally because it was really Sunggyu oppa who was the worse of the two. So, he moved his bed to my room and that’s it.”

“I see now.”

“Oh and samchon replaced the metal railings on the wall surrounding our hose with an electric fence.”

“Omo! Jinja?”

“Ne! So from that day on, no thieves dared to come near our house. But, just as I said a while ago, I got really traumatized by that event.”

“So, how close are you and Myungsoo?”

“Very much close, almost like brother and sister you see until you know recently. When one of us is down, the other would push his/her bed besides the bed of the sad one so that he/she would be comfortable when sleeping. I actually fall a lot from my bed when I sleep. Hehehehe.”

“I actually learned a lot about you today. Gomawo.”

“Eh? Why are you thanking me?”

“Amugeotdo.”

“Aigoo… oppa! Tell me!”

“Aniyo!”

“Oppa!”

“Sing Rainbow’s Tell Me first!”

“Yah!”

“Come on now!”

“Aish! Fine1 I hate being curious very much!... Only the chorus got it?”

“Ne! Go!”

“… Tell me tell me eoseo mareul haejwo! Naega ni yeojarago! Oh honey you! You! You! You!... Oppa! Stop it!”

“Hahahaha! Hahahaha!”

“Just tell me darn it!”

“Because, I … do like you…”

“Gikwang oppa…”

“Mianhae… But, I promise that I won’t do anything to make you or Myungsoo break up or anything!”

“… Araseo…” she answers while she starts blushing.

“Gomawo.” Then, the lights go out! “Great! Just great!” shouts Gikwang.

“What now?” she asks.

“We’ll have to wait for the power to return. Ah! Wait here.” Gikwang goes back inside the bedroom and then comes out with some fans. “Here, to cool yourself.”

“Gomawo.”

The power outage lasts until well into the night. Along with that, because of the rains, there was also widespread traffic in Seoul. Both Doojoon and the others and Myungsoo were caught in the traffic. Added to that, there was still no signal.

It was already 8PM. It was already hot inside the dorm. Minyoung was starting to feel sleepy and a few minutes later, was already asleep on Gikwang’s left shoulder. Gikwang himself was also starting to feel sleepy and later, he also falls asleep with his head on top of her head.

Finally, by 9:30PM, the rains eased up and the cars were on the move again. Doojoon and Myungsoo both arrived at the same time.

“Yah, did you also get stuck in that traffic?” asks Doojoon.

“Ne. The worse which I experienced!”

“I’m sure the two are starving already guys! Come on!” says Dongwoon and so they hurry upstairs.

“Yah! We’re here with the food!” shouts Doojoon as he opens the door only to find the Minyoung and Gikwang sleeping while sitting together!

Everyone’s faces were like this: 0_0

“Minyoung-ah…”