Chapter 19: The Start Of BEAST's Nightmare

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

The days pass after the incident. Minyoung has refused to speak to Myungsoo except only during work time when it’s needed. She hasn’t replied to Gikwang’s texts either.  The two met up one night in the café.

“I think our deal’s off.” says Myungsoo.

“It’s for the best, that’s what I think as well.” says Gikwang.

“I’ll try to ask for her forgiveness. I’m sure it’ll be hard.” says Myungsoo.

“Me too.”

“Just don’t push it.” says Myungsoo.

“Ne.”

When Myungsoo came back home, he immediately went to their bedroom and saw that Minyoung was already on her bed, asleep and was facing the other side.

“Minyoung-ah…” He walked towards her and kissed her on top of her head.

“Mianhae…” He laid down on his bed and went to sleep but unknown to him, Minyoung was silently crying the whole time, as she had been from that fateful weekend.

It was finally the day before the 25th Anniversary Ball of the KHRC. Minyoung and Myungsoo were checking all the last minute preparations in the event hall.

“Ms. Minyoung, for the performances tomorrow, we have for our lineup, Sistar, BEAST and the Infinite. Um uh…”

“What is it Ms. Lee?”

“Should I cancel BEAST’s performance?”

“… Aniyo. It’s okay. “

“Arasseo Ms. Minyoung.”

While on their way home, the two were caught in a traffic. Myungsoo thought this would be an opportunity to talk to her.

“So um, how are things on your part?”

“Fine. Yours?”

“Geurae? Mine’s fine as well.”

“Good.”

“Look, Minyoung, I’m…” He was cut off as Minyoung kissed him instantly!

Their kiss lasted for a few seconds before she retreated.

“Minyoung-ah!...”

“Oppa… Mianhae…”

“Oppa? Why are you apologizing?”

“Honestly, I freally got mad at you during that night but, I’ve already forgiven you also on that night. It took a while for me to think if I should forgive you or not and then, I realized something.”

“What did you realize?”

“That you did that because you really do… love me…”

“So, does this mean…”

“Ne! That’s why from now on I’m going to call you oppa now!”

“Yah, we’re of the same age!”

“But you were born first!”

“Arasseo! Minyoung-ah, saranghaeyo…”

“Saranghaeyo, Myungsoo oppa…”

That night, Gikwang tells his hyungs something.

“MWO?! A-are you sure about that?!” asked Doojoon.

“Ne, I am.”

“Well, we’re behind you but, this is too risky!” says Dongwoon.

“A person will risk anything, especially if it’s for love.”

“Arasseo but we’ll be around the area then just in case.” says Yoseob.

“Ne, gomawo!”

When the two arrived back home, they quickly called Sunggyu and told them the good news! He couldn’t stop asking if it was really true! Of course, being Infinite’s leader, he quickly called the other members and a few minutes later, the other five called and congratulated the two!

“Minyoung-ah! What about me?!” Dongwoo asked, half-shouting.

“Yah! Hyung!” Myungsoo shouted! Minyoung laughed at the sight as she and Myungsoo hold hands. Mrs. Park and her siblings also congratulated the two as well.

The next day (evening), the media was abuzz about the 25th Anniversary Ball of the KHRC since various celebrities, personalities, politicians and idol groups would be there. But, they were all waiting for two persons: Kim Minyoung and Kim Myungsoo who both arrived at exactly 6PM. Their outfits complemented each other so perfectly but, what caught the attention of everyone was the unusual coseness of the two to each other so, when they approached the media, the question they knew would come finally arrive: “Ms. Kim, are you and Myungsoo dating?”

The two looked at each other while smiling and Myungsoo said: “Ne, we are.”

The entire entertainment world of South Korea was surprised after hearing that!

“For how long already?”

This time, it was Minyoung who answered: “We only started dating yesterday but, even if we were best friends back then, we love each other from the very start already.”

More questions were raised but they decided to go inside and start the celebration.

First up was a performance from Sistar who were the company’s female endorsers. Next was a speech from the two Co-Presidents where everyone applauded them. Dinner followed soon after.

After eating and some few socializing, Minyoung told Myungsoo that she’ll just be going to the garden to get some fresh air.

“Arasseo but, be back quickly.”

“Ne.”

“Do you want me to get you later?”

“Hmm, arasseo.”

As she was heading outside, Hyunseung spots her and quickly tells Gikwang; he follows soon after but, Sungjong sees Gikwang following Minyoung and he quickly tells Myungsoo.

“Gikwang!”

Minyoung arrives at the garden which was empty but not completely silent due to the fountain in the middle. She sat on a bench.

“Aigoo, appa, eomma, I hope you’re watching over me, Sunggyu oppa, samchon and Myungsoo oppa everyday. Also, I hope you’re both happy for me and Myungsoo. He is my first love and I am his first love. Please do protect us and watch over us always. As for Sunggyu oppa, please bless him with a girl, he’s long overdue already! Hahahaha! And lastly, samchon, I really hope he wakes up now. We miss him already…”

“Minyoung-ah…”

She turns around and sees Gikwang standing near the fountain.

“Gikwang oppa… what are you doing here?” She asks as she stands up.

“Here to tell you that I can’t wait any longer. I know what you said earlier was alie so please, stop it now…”

“Aniyo, Myungsoo and I are really dating now so please, stop.”

“He may be your best friend and all but, he’s only meant to be your best friend! I’m the one for you!”

“And who said that then?!”

“Minyoung-ah…”

“Gikwang oppa please stop! Mianhaeyo if I made you wait like this but I’m begging you to please stop it here!”

“Minyoung!”

“… She did tell you to stop right?!” Myungsoo came out from a nearby bush and held Minyoung’s hand.

“When will you stop?” he asks him.

“When she and I are together.”

“Sure, in your dreams. Let’s go back inside now.”

“Gladly. Gikwang oppa, don’t force me to do something, please.” The couple quickly went back minside leaving an angry Gikwang standing in the garden.

 Soon after, it was time for BEAST’s performance.

As they were performing Fiction (Orchestra Version), Gikwang only focused his eyes on Minyoung who was trying to avoid looking at him. Myungsoo looked back at him as if he were saying:”Stop looking at her!”

After singing, BEAST congratulated he company like Sistar did after their performance but, they didn’t went off the stage soon after. Gikwang walked towards the podium where the microphone was; the rest followed him.

“Everyone, may I have your attentions please.”

“Oppa, wha the heck is he doing?”

“Molla. I’ll get him off stage. Myungsoo stood up and walked towards the side of the stage, Sunggyu followed him.

“Yah, what’s going on?”

“I have a feeling he’s going to publicly confess to Minyoung.”

“Mwo?!”

“I, Lee Gikwang of BEAST have something to tell you all.”

“Don’t do this, please…” Minyoung muttered under her breath.

“Everyone, I AM IN LOVE WITH KIM MINYOUNG!”

“OHHHH!!!

Everyone was surprised!

“Minyoung-ah! I know that you love me too! Tell them!”

Minyoung understood what she had to do. She walked towards the stage and towards Gikwang. Myungsoo and Sunggyu were both at the right side of the stage.

“Geurae, I’ll tell them.” she says as she smiles.

Gikwang thought that she will tell what he thinks she’ll tell but, he was wrong.

“Arasseo, I’ll tell them then. Ne, I did have a crush on Gikwang here but, that’s the point, I DID meaning it was in the past. Now? Not anymore. And I told you a while ago to not force me to do something. Mianhae but, you forced me and now, not only you but the rest of BEASt would regret this night.”

“Minyoung-ah, please, don’t…”

“(faces the crowd) All of you knows that I am their fan right? Ne, I am a B2UTY. Actually, because of me, Myungsoo oppa as well, is a B2STLY. I was the one who won their contest which states that I would have a fun day with them at their dorm, a whole day. Fun? It wasn’t even present during that time. To all the B2UTIES and B2STLIES who came to the fanmeeting some few days ago, you were all shown pictures right? Pictures of me and them having fun in their dorm but guess wha, those pictures were taken a few days after I first entered their dorm because do you know what truly happened in there? (looks at BEAST and they see that she was already tearing up) they made me clean their dorm. First, their living room, and then their bedroom, bathroom, dining room, they made me shred all their fan mail! They didn’t even read the fan mail that I sent them! I saved it just in case this day comes. (she grabs her purse and then brings out her fanmail to BEAST) See? And lastly, to those who are close to me, you all know I have a fear of heights right? They made me clean their window from the outside which means standing on a hanging platform! Ne! “

Cube’s President approaches the stage and asks: “Do you have any evidence for this?”

“Ne, I do!”

BEAST’s eyes widens after hearing her say that!