Chapter 26: The New House Helpers

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

Both Minyoung and Myungsoo were standing in front of the six and they all felt awkward.

“… Um… ah… look, if you two are awkward… we’ll just go…” says Doojoon but was cut off by Minyoung.

“Aniyo! Um, please don’t go… You all know that our uncle’s in the hospital right? And the both of us are working so, we really need someone to watch over the house while we’re gone.”

“She’s right and don’t worry, what happened in the past is past… What’s important is the present. Arasseo?” says Myungsoo.

“Algesseumnida.” says Doojoon with a smile.

“Hang on, did you all leave Haekyung alone?” asks Minyoung.

“Aniyo, ahjussi’s (their manager) there so don’t worry.” says Gikwang.

“Geurae? Arasseo… Come inside then.” says Minyoung.

Inside the house…

“Okay so, before we accept you all, we need to see first how well you all do house chores so, hmmm…” Myungsoo crosses his arms to think as he looks at the six.

“Yoseob hyung, you go clean here, the living room.”

“Ne!”

“Oh! Myungsoo oppa!  Let me! Dongwoon oppa, the library and study room are yours to clean.” says Minyoung.

“Arasseo!”

“Junhyung hyung…. Hmmm…”

“I’m okay with the bathroom.”

“Yah, jeongmal?”

“Ne!”

“Arasseo! You go there then! Oh and include the hallway upstairs too!” says Myungsoo.

“Myungsoo-ah, I’ll take the kitchen and dining room!” says Doojoon.

“Arasseo!”

“Hyungseung hyung, you take our room and Sunggyu oppa’s room.” says Minyoung.

“Ne!”

“Is it okay if I tend to the garden?” asks Gikwang.

“The garden? Wae?” asks Minyoung.

“I took care of our garden back then you see.”

“Ah… arasseo, you go there then. Okay, go to your assigned places then! By 10AM, we’ll check the results of your work! Here are your cleaning materials.”

“NE!”

The two told the six where their assigned places are.

The six happily and quickly went to their assigned places. Yoseob immediately started cleaning the living room; both Hyunseung and Dongwoon went upstairs to clean there; Doojoon started with the kitchen first; Junhyung, readied his hands as he goes inside the bathroom while Gikwang goes outside and starts watering the plants.

“Oppa, where should we be?”

“Hmm… Oh! Let’s be at uncle’s room for a while. Let’s have hmm…. Ah! Dongwoon hyung clean it after he cleans the study and library.” says Myungsoo.

“Arasseo! Gaja!”

They both go upstairs and into Mr. Kim’s room.

“Good thing it’s not that dirty in here.” says Minyoung.

“Ne, I guess Mrs. Park and the others must have kept this clean.” says Myungsoo.

Hyunseung enters Minyoung and Myungsoo’s bedroom.

“Oh I see. I thought the two slept in one bed. Well, might as well as start cleaning here then.”

At the library…

“How can I clean here when all these books are staring and pleading me to read them?!”

At the bathroom…

“It’s not that dirty in here… That’s good…” says Junhyung.

At the living room…

“This feels just like home!” says Yoseob as he sweeps the living room floor.

At the kitchen…

“This is making me feel like cooking!” says Doojoon.

At the garden…

“The plants and flowers here are so beautiful!...  Just… like… her…” says Gikwang. “Aigoo! It’s starting to get hot! Might as well as take this off then!”

An hour passed…

“I’ll go check if Dongwoon hyung is finished cleaned with the library.” says Myungsoo.

“Ne, arasseo oppa. I need to get a book there too.” says Minyoung.

Myungsoo goes out of Mr. Kim’s room and looks for Dongwoon at the library. He wasn’t there so he assumed he was in the study already.

“Ah! Hyung! There you are!”

“Ne! Do you need something?”

“Um, ah, is it okay if you go to Mr. Kim’s room and…”

“Ne, clean it. Of course! I’ll be done here in a minute.”

“Gomawo!”

Myungsoo heads back to Minyoung and they both go to the library.

“Omo, Dongwoon oppa did a great job here!” says Minyoung.

“I know right!” says Myungsoo.

Downstairs…

“Where’s Minyoung-ah and Myungsoo-ssi?” Doojoon asks Hyunseung who just came downstairs.

“They’re upstairs. Hmm… I think I saw them go to the library.”

“Gomawo.” He quickly goes up and into the library.

*knocks*

“Oh, come in!” says Minyoung.

“Doojoon hyung! Is there something wrong?” Myungsoo asks.

“Ani, but, is it okay if I make some snacks for everyone?”

“Oh, sure! We’d love that!” says Minyoung.

“I’m guessing you’re done with the kitchen and dining room and that made you want to cook something, right?” says Myungsoo.

“Ehehehe… ne… I’ll call you all once it’s ready.”

“Ne! Gomawo oppa!”

Once they were alone again…

“Yah, Minyoung-ah…”

“Ne oppa?”

“They pass for me.”

“Nado.”

“Let’s tell them later then!”

“Ne!”

An hour passes again and another knock on the library door.

“The snacks are ready, please come down now.” Doojoon says with a smile.

They all went down to the dining room where everyone was waiting for them.

“Hang on, where’s Gikwang hyung?” Myungsoo asks.

“Oh right, I forgot to call him…” says Hyunseung.

“Aigoo… I’ll go call him then.” says Dongwoon before being stopped by Minyoung.

“Ani, I’ll go. I want to check the garden.”

“Arasseo.” he replies.

“She really loves the garden so she’s very sensitive when it comes to anything related to it.” says Myungsoo.

“Ah, I see now… She’ll be very much surprised then!” says Yoseob.

Minyoung steps outside and the hot sunshine greets her in the face.

“Aigoo, it’s hot already!”

She hears some cutting on her right where the fountain is so, she goes there.

“Omo, where the heck is he?”

She walks towards a line of bushes.

“Gikwang oppa! Come inside for some snacks!”

When she turns her back on the bushes, a shirtless Gikwang stands up from behind it! After a few seconds, she calls out his name again and when she looks behind her, she’s very much surprised to see him!

“Gikwang oppa!” She doesn’t notice a puddle of water below her so, she slips but, he quickly runs towards her to catch her!

“Yah! Are you alright?!” he asks.

“Ah…. Um….” She can’t answer but she starts blushing!

*In her mind* “Omo omo omo! He doesn’t have his shirt on! Wah!!!! He’s wet with sweat! And his abs…. Kyaaaa!!!!! Omo omo omo! Yah! Kim Minyoung! You have Kim Myungsoo! Snap out of it!”

“Um, Minyoung-ah, I said, are you alright?”

She quickly comes back to reality and stands up straight!

“N-ne! Anyways, why aren’t you wearing a shirt?!”

“Because it’s hot.”

“… Ah right… um…”

“Why are you blushing?”

“Eh? Me?! Um… ah… because it’s hot! Yeah, that’s right! That’s why! So um, Doojoon oppa made some snacks for all of us so… um… come inside.”

“Ne… I’ll just finish this one.”

“A-arasseo…”