Chapter 2: BEAST's Wrong Move

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

Chapter 2: BEAST’s Wrong Move

After being proclaimed the winner, the host led Minyoung backstage. She motioned for Myungsoo to follow.

Backstage, they are both introduced to BEAST’s manager.

“Annyeong Haseyo ! Kim Minyoung imnida!”

“Myungsoo imnida. I’m her best friend.”

“I see, I see. Well now, first, congratulations on winning! My boys are very excited to see you!”

“Omo! Jinjaya?”

“Ne!  I told them your name already and said that you might be very beautiful! I haven’t shown them your picture you see! Anyway, this is how it’s gonna be tomorrow! I’m going to personally fetch you from your house and bring you to their dorm! So, if I may, please write your address here.”

“Oh! Ne!”

“So, what time are you picking her up?” Myungsoo asks.

“Exactly 9AM! Can you get ready before that?”

“Ne! I can!” Minyoung says as she finishes writing her address.

“Well, I’ll be expecting you to have fun tomorrow! Get plenty of sleep!”

“Ne! Gomawoyo ahjeossi!” BEAST’s manager leaves and Minyoung and Myungsoo leave as well.

“Oppa! I can’t contain my excitement! Kyaaa!!!!”

“Well, when we get home better tell your uncle about it. I’m sure he’ll be very happy for you as well!”

“Ne! Waahhh! I’m going to meet my bias group!”

“Yah, what about Infinite? Don’t you love us?”

“Oppa, of course I do too! You guys are my second very group! Although, I find it annoying when the rest of your band mates are in the house! They always tease me!”

“Yeah and Sunggyu always goes first in teasing you! Hahahaha!”

After getting back inside the car (Myungsoo’s the driver), he starts the engine and drives back home.

Minyoung then receives a call from her uncle.

“Oh! Yeoboseyo? Samchon! You won’t believe this! I won the contest! Kyaaaa!!!!”

“Omo! Jinjaya? Chukahaeyo Minji-ah! Hahaha!”

“BEAST’s manager will be fetching me from our house tomorrow morning at 9AM! Anyway, why did you call samchon?”

“Oh! Right! Can you guys pick me up here at the office? I forgot that I gave my driver a week off this morning.”

“Araseo samchon! We’re on our way there!” Myungsoo shouts while driving.

“Kurae? Hahaha! Well, I’m already here at the lobby. I’ll be waiting for you guys here.”

“NE!” The call ends.

“By the way, oppa, Sunggyu oppa has been living in your dorm already for a month now. When’s he coming back to our house?”

“Well, we are now on hiatus so maybe sometime by this weekend or next week.”

“Araseo…”

At the same time in BEAST’s dorm…

“So, we’re really going to let a B2UTY stay here with us for an entire day?”

“Ne Junhyung so don’t worry, we’ll be telling her to be careful around here so as to not mess the place.” says Doojoon.

“Guys, do you think she’s pretty?” asks Yoseob.

“Well her name sounds pretty so, yeah, maybe!” says Hyunseung.

“Hyungs, do you know the expression, ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover’? I hope you guys remember that tomorrow. Whoever and whatever she looks like tomorrow, we have to welcome her and make her feel at home. Araseo?” says Dongwoon.

“Ne! Whatever hyung!” says Gikwang who was lying on the couch.

“Yah! It’s you we’re worried! Most of our fans are dying to see you and you’re so much of a flirt!” says Dongwoon.

“Sorry, can’t help it!”

“Aigoo! Yah! As if you don’t remember anymore what your last girlfriend did to you!”

 Gikwang quickly stands up and faces Dongwoon.

“Yah, when will you stop using that against me?! YAH!”

“Okay you two! (Doojoon runs towards the two and stops them in between) Stop this! Gikwang stay in the bedroom for a while. I’ll just call you when dinner’s ready. Dongwoon, help me out will ya?”

“NE...”

Gikwang leaves and goes to their bedroom while Dongwoon goes with Doojoon to the kitchen.

“Those two are always at it, aren’t they?” says Yoseob.

“Well, Dongwoon always brings up Gikwang’s last girlfriend so of course it would really make him angry.” says Junhyung.

“Well, I just hope the fan we’re going to meet tomorrow is very beautiful!” says Hyunseung.

Myungsoo and Minyoung arrived at the Kim Hotels and Resorts Corporation’s office at Gangnam. They stopped where their uncle was waiting for him. Mr. Kim went inside the car and then they left.

Once they got home, they had dinner and talked about what happened at the fan club meeting that the two went to. Then, they said goodnight to each other and went to their rooms.

Minyoung and Myungsoo both sleep at the same room because of an incident years ago which left her traumatized.

They were both on their beds when Minyoung said: “Oppa, how do you think will they be to me tomorrow?”

“Hmm, well, I’m sure they’re excited as you are. Don’t be nervous. You’re finally meeting them so, its best that you’re in good spirits when you meet.”

“I guess you’re right oppa. Well, I’m going to sleep now. Wake me up okay?!”

“Ne!”

The next day…

“Minyoung-ah! WAKE UP! IT’S 2 HOURS BEFORE 9AM ALREADY!!!”

“… MWO?! AIGOO! WAAAHH!!

Minyoung quickly rose from the bed and did her morning rituals all very quickly! She then had breakfast with Myungsoo and her uncle before getting changed though she can’t figure out what to wear so, she makes her best friend choose for her. She comes out with different outfits but, he says no to them.

“Go for a spring look.” he says.

Finally, she came out with the perfect outfit!

“Omo! Daebak Minyoung-ah! I’m sure they’ll fall in love with you!”

“Hahaha! Gomawo oppa!”

They waited for a while until it was 9AM already. The doorbell rang.

“It must be their manager! Want me to walk you?” Myungsoo asks.

“Ne!”

They both walked towards the gate and open it.

“Annyeong Haseyo! Minyoung, did you sleep well?”

“Ne ahjeossi! I’m very excited!”

“I can see that! Well, let’s go! They’re waiting for you!”

“Ne! Oppa! I’ll be back later this evening!”

“Araseo! Have fun then!”

Minyoung’s uncle also comes outside to see his niece off.

“Annyeong Haseyo! Are you her uncle?”

“Ne! Minyoung-ah, have fun!”

“Araseo Samchon! Annyeong!”

“ANNYEONG!”

Minyoung and BEAST’s manager then leaves on the manager’s car.

“So, how long have you been a B2UTY Minyoung?”

“Ever since their debut!”

“Omo! Jinjayo?! Nice! They would be even happier if you tell them that!”

So, along the way, they talked about BEAST and all until they finally arrived in front of BEAST’s dorm. He tells them what floor they are located.

“I’ll come pick you up at 8PM! Have fun!”

“Ne! Kamsahamnida!”

Minyoung goes nervously inside the building and goes to the floor which the manager said.

Finally, she was in front of the door of BEAST’s dorm!

“Aigoo Minyoung1 You can do this!” She pushes the doorbell and waits for someone to answer.

Inside, the 6 members heard the doorbell and so, Dongwoon decided to open the door since the others don’t want to. He opens the door and sees Minyoung there!

“Annyeong Haseyo! Kim Minyoung imnida!”

“So, you’re the winner of the contest?”

“Ne oppa!”

“Hahaha! Please come in! Make yourself a home!”

“Ne!”

She enters the dorm and sees the other members standing before her.

“Annyeong Haseyo! Kim Minyoung imnida!”

“ANNYEONG HASEYO!”

Instantly she and Gikwang locked eyes!

“Minyoung-ssi, let’s have a seat in the living room!” says Dongwoon.

They all went to the living room and sat there. Doojoon asked her how long she has been a B2UTY so, she told them she has been such since their debut.

“Omo! Jinjayo?! Daebak!” says Yoseob.

“So, who’s your favorite member?” asks Hyunseung.

“Oh um… (looks at gikwang who was looking at her as well!) Gikwang oppa…”

“OOOHHH!!!”

“Yah! Hyung! Say something!” says Junhyung.

“Ah… um… thanks for making me your favorite member.”

“I can’ take this anymore…” Doojoon whispers to Junhyung.

“Me too hyung.”

“Let’s do it.”

“Minyoung-ssi, you see, we’re making a song. Would you like to help us?”

“Omo! Are you are I can?”

“Ne!”

“What the heck are these guys up too?” Dongwoon asks himself.

“Good! First! Well, as you can see, we can’t obviously write a song with a messy living room. Can you please clean it for us?” says Doojoon.

“Clean your living room?”

“Ne! Well?”

“… Araseo! Anything for you guys!”

“Yoseob, give her the broom! And oh! After sweeping, mop the floor, got it?”

“Ne!”

Minutes later, Minyoung was sweeping everything in the living room!

“Missed a spot here!” says Hyunseung.

“Oh! Mianhae!”

“Yah! Hyungs what the heck! Making a fan clean?!” says Dongwoon.

“Shush!” says the five!”

It took her an hour to sweep the entire living room and now, Minyoung was mopping the floor and finally, was finished!

“I’m done oppas!”

“Omo! Good job! Now then, do you want to see our room?” Junhyung asks her.

“Ne!”

So, they all let her inside their bedroom which was also very much messy!

“I can’t believe I’m in your bedroom! Kyaaa!!!”

“So, is it okay if you clean our room as well?” Yoseob asks her.

“… oh…. Ne….”

Great! Come out when you’re finished!” Doojoon said as he and the others went out.

“Well, I’m in BEAST’s bedroom so, this is okay! I guess…”

She starts cleaning the room, properly arranging everything in there. It takes her two hours to do so!

Outside…

“I can’t believe you hyungs!” Dongwoon says as he and the others were in the kitchen.

“We’re just having fun with her! Don’t worry!” says Doojoon.

“Fun?! That’s because you’re making a loyal fan of ours clean our dorm! What will you make clean next? Our bathroom?!”

“You’re reading our mind!” says Hyunseung.

“Look, I’m going to give her something to eat.” Dongwoon grabs a tray of cookies her baked earlier but, Gikwang gets the tray from his hands.

“I’ll bring it to her.”

So, he goes inside their bedroom and sees how much it has changed!

“You did all of these?!”

“Ne oppa!”

“Here… Dongwoon baked them for you. Eat up.”

“Gomawo!...”

“Finish up here and then come outside.”

“Ne!”

After he leaves, she sits down on one of the beds and eats the cookies.

“Aigoo… Is this what they do to their fans? Oh well… These cookies are tasty!”

After eating she finally comes out of the bedroom.

“I’m done!...”

“Minyoung, it’s lunchtime now. Would you like to eat now?” Dongwoon asks her.

“Oh, maybe later. The cookies you baked were the best!”

“Jinjayo? Oh, let me have the tray.”

“Minyoung-ssi, we don’t know if this will bother you but, is it okay if you also clean our… bathroom?” says Doojoon.

“Eh? Your…. Bathroom?”

“Ne.”

“Yah! Hyungs! Stop this!”

“Aniyo oppa! It’s okay, really, it is…”

So, Minyoung slowly goes inside the bathroom and begins cleaning.

“I can’t believe you will all stoop so low for all of you to do this! Wae?!” Dongwoon said to the other members as they were eating lunch.

“Later, we’ll tell you.” says Doojoon.

“Aish!” Dongwoon angrily goes back to their bedroom and locks himself up!

After an hour, Minyoung has finished cleaning.

“Minyoung, have your lunch now. It’s on the table there in the kitchen and then after that, clean up there will ya?” says Yoseob.

“A-araseo… “

The tired Minyoung slowly went to the kitchen where she ate her lunch alone. The other BEAST members were watching television in the living room. Junhyung was writing something in a notebook while Yoseob was texting someone. Doojoon was clearly the only one watching while Gikwang was sleeping on the couch.

After eating, she washed her plate and glass and then eventually, the kitchen.

Junhyung, Yoseob, Hyunseung and Doojoon all fell asleep soon after so, Minyoung turned the television off and continued cleaning the kitchen and the dining room which took up the entire afternoon.

By 4PM all of BEAST was now awake and were surprised to see that Minyoung made some snacks for them. Dongwoon also came out of the bedroom to join them.

“Please enjoy!”

“Masa! Minyoung-ssi! One more small favor!” says Doojoon.

“Mwoeyo?”

“Please dispose of this for us using the paper shredder in our bedroom.

Doojoon hands her a huge plastic bag which was filled with paper.

“Araseo!” She quickly goes inside their bedroom and when she opens the bag, she cannot believe what she was about to dispose!

“These are fan mail… I guess they read them all already… she starts inserting the fan mails one by one into the paper shredder. After three hours (a whole lot of fan mail), she’s down to the last letter but…

“Wait a minute, this is mine… I sent it to them a month ago…” She decides to keep it and then she comes out of their bedroom.

“… I’m finished with the fan mail…”

“Jinjayo? Gomawoyo Minyoung-ssi! Now, for our final request!” says Junhyung.

“Eh?”

“See those windows there by the kitchen? We can’t clearly see through because it’s very dirty. Could you please clean it from the outside?”

“EH? How do I do that?!”

“Don’t worry.”

Minutes later, she finds herself standing on a hanging platform in front of the windows that Junhyung pointed at awhile ago!

“Make it nice and shiny!” Hyunseung shouted.

“Ne…”

While cleaning, the cold winds keeps rocking the hanging platform making her feel more afraid!

“I hope my trauma doesn’t return!”

After cleaning for half an hour, she tells them she was finished so, they ordered the janitor to pull her back up.

When she returned to the dorm, she was by the door when she heard them talking…

“I was really hoping for someone more beautiful! More prettier!”

“Well, those are what fans are!”

“I do feel bad for her a little… But who cares!”

“At least our dorm’s clean!”

“Dongwoon-ah, are you alright?” Yoseob asks.

“ANIYO!” He goes back to their bedroom very angry.

“Wow… Anyway, fans will do everything for their idols. Let’s do this more often! Tch! Our manager said she was very beautiful! Ha! He was lying!...” Doojoon was interrupted by the appearance of Minyoung in front of them. Her face was close to crying. She already had her bag by her hand.

“I’m leaving now oppas. Thanks for everything. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone what truly happened here…  Please tell your manager to not pick me up anymore and lastly, I’m sorry if I was the one who won that contest. I didn’t know you wanted someone more beautiful or prettier than me. I guess, I wasn’t much of loyal fan to you guys at all. Anyways, thanks for letting me in and all. Annyeong and have a good night.” She bows her head and leaves them speechless. As she was heading for the door, her tears started falling which they kinda saw but, they couldn’t do anything.

“Oh nuts! What the heck have we done!” says Junhyung.

“We’re in trouble if our manager finds out!” says Yoseob.

“I didn’t… I didn’t know that…. She was there….” says Doojoon as he collapsed into a chair.

“I feel something bad coming…” says Gikwang.

“Well, we should all feel the same way.” says Dongwoon.

“Eh?!”

“And one of these next few days, we’re going to pay the consequences.”