Chapter 15: L's Mission

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

(ATTENTION: The real Lee Haekyung is like already around the age of his brother Gikwang but in this story, I decided to turn him into a preschooler. XD)

 

The days pass slowly for the two now orphaned brothers. Since Gikwang couldn’t leave Haekyung living alone back in their house or him living with Haekyung due to his work, it was decided that Haekyung will live with him at BEAST’s dorm. Their house helper was put in charge of their house.

“Haekyung-ah, you really want to live with me? Our house helper can take care of you.”

“Hyung! It’s not that I don’t hate our house helper but, I’ll feel more comfortable and strong to move on if I’m with you.”

“Araseo. Live with us then.”

A week has passed since Mr. and Mrs. Lee’s deaths, Gikwang and Haekyung have been able to move on now. Every morning, Doojoon and Gikwang would drive Haekyung to school before coming back to the dorm.

One day, BEAST was in the practice room resting. They had been practicing their new dance steps for their comeback. The members notice Gikwang who was staring at the ceiling while lying on the floor.

“Yah, are you thinking about that time when you hugged Minyoung while crying?” asks Yoseob. Gikwang immediately sat up and said: “NE! I AM! I STILL CAN’T BELIEVE I DID THAT!”

“Hahaha! Well believe it! Hahaha!” says Junhyung as he laughs.

“You were so brave… to do it in front of Myungsoo and SUNGGYU! HAHAHAHAHA!!!” says Hyunseung.

“I wonder what Sunggyu said to the two after that! Hahahaha!” says Doojoon.

“Hmm, what did Myungsoo feel after seeing his girlfriend being hugged by another guy?” asks Dongwoon.

“YAH! YOU’RE NOT HELPING ME!”

“Hahahahaha!” laughed the others.

At the office, Minyoung was busy reading a document on her tablet. Myungsoo couldn’t help it anymore and said: “Minyoung-ah, are you alright?”

“Eh? Why ask that?”

“Well, you’ve been acting weird ever since Gikwang…”

“Omo! I almost forgot! I… I have to check something! Just tell me later what you want to say, araseo?” She immediately got up and left the room.

“Hmm…”

Later…

“What do you mean by that Myungsoot?” asks Sunggyu on the phone.

“I think she’s trying to avoid that topic about Gikwang hugging her and her hugging him.”

“Maybe she’s trying to get on my good side! You know how much I wanted to punch Gikwang when he did that!”

“Hahaha! Ne! I know! Hahaha!”

“Yah, I called to tell you something.”

“Mwoeyo?”

“You and Minyoung are still pretending to be dating right?”

“That’s right.”

“Well, I want you to continue doing it. I don’t like Gikwang for her. Make sure he gives up.”

“But…”

“But what?”

“What if she still has feelings for him?”

“Then make sure it completely fades away. Got it?”

“Ne but…”

“What is it with you and buts?”

“It’s like you want me to become her REAL boy friend.”

“Actually, I think you’re the best guy for her. Mianhae dongsaeng but, I want her to be happy and I can really imagine her to be very much happy with you.”

“Kurae…”

“Please do it… for her…”

“Araseo, I’ll try my best.”

Minyoung and Ms. Lee were in the hallway talking about something.

“So, are all the invitations sent already?”

“Ne Ms. Minyoung. The invitations for the 2oth anniversary of our company had been sent already. We’re now waiting for their replies.”

“Good. I want this to be the best anniversary celebration that company ever had!”

“Ne Ms. Minyoung! Oh right,  how about the guest performances?”

“I still have to talk with Myungsoo about that but, I’m sure Infinite would really be there.”

“And how about BEAST?”

“Well, I’ll talk to them too. I think we should also have a girl group there as well. I’ll inform you after I talk with Myungsoo.”

“Understood Ms. Kim… Yah, is it really true that Gikwang hugged you and you hugged him back?”

“Where did you hear that?”

“Well, it’s not that Mr. Baek was eavesdropping on Myungsoo but, you see, Mr. Baek was about to go to an errand when he forgot his phone on his desk so, when he came to get it, your office’s door was slightly open and he heard that…”

“Oh… ne, he did hug me and I hugged him back… he was crying and I only did that to comfort him…”

“Did you… like it then?”

“Ah…. Honestly?  A little… Aigoo! Yah! Let’s go now!”

“Ne!” Ms. Lee began to laugh.

“Yah, if I tell Myungsoo you like him, what will you do then?”

“Aniyo! Mianhae!”

Myungsoo was walking in circles inside the office, unsure of what to do.

“I was the one who thought of that so, why am I like this? Kim Myungsoo, you’re Kim Minyoung’s best friend! You can do this! Do this for her!”

Later, Minyoung was on her way back to the office. (She sent Ms. Lee to do something.) She then receives a message from Gikwang:

Minyoung-ah, how are you doing?”

 

Oppa! I’m fine. Thanks for asking.

 

Kurae? Daebak…

 

Gikwang oppa, is it okay if me and

                                                              Myungsoo meet up with you and the rest of B2ST tomorrow?      

 

Eh? What for?

 

It’s a secret! We’ll discuss it tomorrow.

Oh and bring your manager as well!       

Araseo! I’ll tell them.

We’re here at the Cube café you see.              

 

Jinja? Gomawo! I remember coming

there for the first time. I have a picture

of it here on my phone.

Omo! Send it to me!

Minyoung sends the picture to Gikwang.

… Wahaha! You dragged Myungsoo with you?

 

Ne! Hahaha! That was before they debuted!

 

Tell him he had a nice hairstyle!

Hahahaha!

 

The two continue texting each other even as Minyoung entered the office where Myungsoo was.

“Minyoung-ah!... Yah! Minyoung-ah!... What is wrong with her?” He approaches her and looks at her phone and sees it was Gikwang who she’s texting.

“Aigoo…” He snatches her phone from her hands causing Minyoung to say: “Yah! Myungsoo-ah!”

“We have a meeting and we’re almost late! And what the heck are you doing, texting Gikwang?!”

“We… we have a meeting?.... Ah right! With the  department heads! Mianhae! Let’s go now!”

“Ppali you geobugi!

“Give me back my phone now!”

“You’ll have it back after the meeting! We have to hurry now!” They quickly left the room with Minyoung in the lead. Minyoung’s phone vibrates in Myungsoo’s hands so he checks the message which Gikwang sent.

 

Minyoung-ah, you still there?

Myungsoo decided to reply back.

 

Gikwang hyung, this is Myungsoo

                                                                   texting you. Me and Minyoung are on our way to a meeting now.

You can text her after an hour or so.

Thank you.

 

“Myungsoo?”  Yoseob hears him.

“What’s wrong?”

“I was texting Minyoung and then this…” He shows his phone to him.

“I guess her phone is with him currently. Text her later then.”

“Araseo.”