Chapter 3: Her Realization

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

 

When Minyoung got outside, it was already raining but, she didn’t care. She remembered the route which they took from her home to BEAST’s dorm while riding in the car of BEAST’s manager.

 She walked slowly and silently as the rain grew stronger. She didn’t care if she was getting wet. She was so depressed after what happened that day. Tired from cleaning almost the entire dorm of her favorite idol group, she couldn’t think anything but what she heard when she got back from cleaning the windows:

“I was really hoping for someone more beautiful! More prettier!”

“Well, those are what fans are!”

“I do feel bad for her a little… But who cares!”

“At least our dorm’s clean!”

“I shouldn’t have won that contest if I knew this was going to happen… I can’t believe that they were really like that… At least Dongwoon wasn’t like the rest… Gikwang as well but, he didn’t tried to stop them… or said anything…” She begins to cry but her tears just mixed with the raindrops falling on her…

Back at the dorm…

“WHAT THE HECK DID YOU SIX DO?! DO YOU KNOW SHE MIGHT REPORT YOU GUYS ABOUT THIS?! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH SHE HAS BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO HIS DAY?! AISH!”

“But she told us she won’t tell…” says Hyunseung.

“BUT STILL! If anyone finds out about this, you’re all done for! I’m telling you! Aish!”

“I tried to stop them but they won’t listen to me. We all saw tears from her eyes as she left… It was such a sad sight…” says Dongwoon.

“I really can’t believe this happened! WAIT! AIGOO! Were you even able to take a single picture with her?!”

“Wae?” Doojoon asks.

“AISH! REMEMBER?! I TOLD YOU LAST WEEK! It’s for your fan meeting next week! It’ll be shown there! Your faces are telling me that it looks like you weren’t able to take a picture with her! None of you even remembered?! Dongwoon! Didn’t you remember?!”

“Mianhae… It slipped my mind as well. I was focused on what they were doing tot her so…”

“You should go apologize to her.”

“… MWO?!”

“DON’T YOU THERE ‘MWO’ ME THERE!!! Think of what she’s feeling now! And it’s raining! None of you even offered an umbrella?! Aish! I need to call her but I don’t have her number… Ah! Wait…” He contacts the host from yesterday and asks for Minyoung’s number. (The participants of the contest were supposed to give their contact numbers)

“Ne! Kamsahamnida! (calls Minyoung)… … … Why is she not picking up?... Oh! Yeoboseyo! Minyoung-ah! Where are you?!”

“… Nuguseyo?”

“This is the manager of BEAST speaking!”

“… ! Ahjeossi! How did you….”

“That’s not important right now! Where are you? Do you have an umbrella?!”

“Oh um, I’m fine. Don’t worry. I’m in a covered area. Why did you call me?”

“Look, I… I mean my boys here would like to apologize to you…”

“Mianhae ahjeossi! My phone’s going out! Annyeong!” Minyoung turns off her phone then, after a few minutes, turns on her phone again. She gets her headphones, wears it and attaches it to her phone. She plays Davichi’s OST for Iris 2 which was “Don’t You Know.” She continues walking under the strong rain…

“So, they’re going to apologize just like that?... “

“… Yeoboseyo? Minyoung-ah?! Aigoo… What the heck are we doing to do now…”

“I really feel bad now… what the heck…” says Doojoon.

“Me too hyung…” Yoseob says as he pouts.

“What were we thinking back then?!” says Junhyung.

“We just hurt a loyal fan… I can’t believe that…”says Hyunseung.

Dongwoon goes outside their dorm room and goes towards the balcony. Gikwang follows him.

“Gikwang, why did you go out?”

“I… I actually wanted to do something earlier but, I didn’t know how… Mianhae hyung… “

“Jinjayo?... It’s alright… I really value our fans you know.”

“Me too. She said I was her bias right? That was kinda sweet.”

“Omo, ya, do you like her?”

“Well, she is cute. She’s completely opposite what the others said a while ago.”

“Aigoo… yah! Mianhae for yesterday.”

“It’s alright hyung… so, what now?”

“I honestly don’t know…”

Minyoung eventually reaches her house. (The house and the dorm were of walking distance in reality). She turns on her phone (she lied a while ago) and calls Myungsoo.

Myungsoo was in the living room watching a show when his phone rang.

“… Oppa, I’m outside. Get me an umbrella… (begins to sob)…”

“Minyoung-ah! You’re outside?! Wae?!... Are you crying?! Okay, I’ll be right there!” One of the house helpers was nearby so he quickly asked for an umbrella. As soon as he got one, he went outside as fast as he could. When he opened the gate, he saw Minyoung all wet and, crying!

“Oppa!” She instantly hugged her best friend as tight as she could and so, he hugged her back as well.

“What happened Minyoung-ah?!  I thought you would be brought back here by BEAST’s manager?!”

Minyoung didn’t answer because she kept on crying.

“Let’s get you inside.”

Once inside the house, he tells the house helpers to prepare a warm bath for Minyoung while she sits on the couch and places her feet in a container of warm water. Myungsoo hands her a towel to cover herself.

“Yah, please tell me what happened.”

“…”

“Araseo. You can tell me after you had your bath.”

He gets another towel and dries her hair with it. But, he notices that tears still trickle down from her eyes.

“This must be bad.” he thought to himself.

Sir, her warm bath is ready.” says one of the house helpers.

“Araseo. Please accompany her to the bathroom.”

Once Minyoung left. Myungsoo got a call from her uncle.

“Ne samchon. I’ll tell her.”

“So, how did her day go? Was she happy? Did she have fun?”

“Well…” He told her what happened.

“MWO?! SHE IS?! Aigoo! What do you think happened?!”

“I don’t know samchon, really. I’ll tell you once she tells me.”

“Araseo. Gomawo Myungsoo. Take care of her will ya? I’ll be back as soon as I can. By the way, why don’t you call Sunggyu to go there?”

“Hmm, you have a point but, you know how feisty he is. What if he causes some trouble or something? Minyoung might get sadder.”

“You’re probably right. I’ll get going now.”

“Ne samchon.”

Back at the dorm once more…

“Hmm…”

“What are you thinking?” Dongwoon asks their manager.

“Minyoung’s uncle, it’s like I’ve seen him somewhere…”

“Jinjayo? Where?” asks Gikwang.

“I don’t know… but anyway, yah! I think we should all go to their house and apologize to her.”

Doojoon, Yoseob, Junhyung and Hyunseung all exchanged looks and agreed. They all got dressed up and went downstairs.

By the time, BEAST was on their way to her house, Minyoung had already gotten out of the bath and proceeded upstairs to her and Myungsoo’s bedroom. (They were sleeping together, well, in 2 beds, because of an event back then) Minyoung was already in her sleeping wear and sat on her bed. Myungsoo told him that her uncle would be going home late.

“Now, please tell me what happened. I’m your best friend remember?”

“… Ne oppa…” she says as she begins to cry again. She tells her everything right from the very start until the very end.

“No way! They did that to you?! But, why won’t you tell anyone?!”

“There’s no use in doing so…”

“So, are you still a B2UTY?”

“I’m wavering actually…”

“Minyoung-ah…”

Then they both heard a car stop in front of their house. (Their room was located on the 2nd floor which was in front of the house)

“Who the heck is coming at this late hour?” Myungsoo says as he looks at the window. He sees seven people get out of the car. He clearly sees that it was BEAST and their manager.

“Mwo?! They’re here?!”

“Ne. What are you going to do?”

“… Nothing. Tell our helpers to not open the gate nor talk to them.”

“Araseo.” Myungsoo quickly goes downstairs and tells the house helpers to not open the gate.

Outside…

“Yeoboseyo?!... Minyoung-ah!” The manager keeps shouting and pushing the doorbell.

“Why is she not answering?”

“Maybe she’s asleep already?”

“No, we still have to apologize… I mean you guys still have to apologize you guys!” says Gikwang.

“Okay! Okay!” says Hyunseung.

Then, they notice that the light on the room on the 2nd floor goes out.

“Guys, do you think that’s her room?” Junhyung asks.

Inside the house, Myungsoo was back at their room upstairs.

“Omo, you turned off the lights. Wae?”

“I want to sleep now.”

“Araseo…”

“Minyoung-ah!”

MINYOUNG-AH!”

Now even the 6 members were shouting!

Minyoung couldn’t take it anymore so, she opened her album closet (full of KPop albums but mostly BEAST’s), randomly gets an album, gets a piece of paper and writes something on it. She sticks the paper on the album and opens the window. She sees that BEAST and their manager have given up and were about to get back inside their ride. So, she quickly calls for Myungsoo to throw the album towards them.

“Wae?! But…”

“Please (coughs) just do it…”

“Araseo…”

With all his might, Myungsoo sent the album flying outside where it hits Dongwoon on the head!

“Ouch!”

“Yah!  Oppa! What the heck! Why did you throw it towards Dongwoon oppa?! Aigoo… Let’s just go to sleep…”

“Ehehehe… Mianhae… I forgot that he and Gikwang didn’t make you dod anything… Araseo, let’s go to sleep.” He quickly closes the window and goes to his bed as well.

Outside, Dongwoon was still reeling in from the pain caused by the album hitting his head. He picks up the album (miraculously not broken nor shattered) and sees the note attached to it.

“Dongwoon-ah! Are you okay?” Doojoon asks.

“Hey guys! Look at this note!”

“What does it say?” Yoseob asks.

“Let’s see. It says: “I’m sorry guys but, no, I cannot possibly accept your apology. You have hurt my pride as girl and, as a loyal fan. You guys have no idea how much I was looking forward to meet you six. It turns out that, you guys were really like that. I’ve come to realize that every fan has a limit to what he/she can do for his/her idols. Dongwoon and Gikwang oppa, thank you very much for it was only you two who didn’t make me do anything but, you two didn’t do anything to stop the others so, I’m sorry I became your fan. I’m sorry I watched you guys ever since your debut until now. I’m sorry I wasted all my money on everything about you guys. Lastly, I’m sorry that I fell in love with you guys, the biggest mistake I ever made in my life…”

“We’re too late guys. She won’t forgive us…” Dongwoon says as he and the others look at the room on the 2nd floor.

Tears were still sliding down Minyoung’s cheeks as she slept; that morning, she was a B2UTY but now, not anymore.

The rain was getting stronger and heavier…

At the Kim Hotels and Resorts Corporations’ headquarters, Mr. Kim, Minyoung and Sunggyu’s uncle was in his office, reading and writing some documents. He begins to feel something heavy in his chest.

“Tch! What is this?! It hurts!” As he struggles to stand, he tries to call for help but, he collapses on the floor.

A minute later, an employee comes to bring something to sign for him when she sees him on the floor!

“Mr. Kim!”

She tries to wake him up but he doesn’t.

She quickly calls for help and soon, her boss was brought to the hospital.

As soon as they arrived in the hospital, she gets his phone and begins to panic. She scrolls down the phonebook and the first person she sees was Kim Sunggyu’s number. So, she calls him

In Infinite’s dorm, everyone was already asleep when suddenly, Sunggyu’s phone, which was beside him, began to ring so he quickly wakes up and picks up the phone.

“… Yeoboseyo? Nuguseyo?”

“Is this Kim sunggyu?!”

“Ne… wait, are you a fan…”

“Please! Your uncle has collapsed! Please come to the hospital now!”

“MWO?!