Chapter 7: L & BEAST

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

 

“For now, it’s hard to tell but for the meantime, we have to wait until he wakes up. Should we transfer him now back to his room upstairs?”

“Ne, please do.”

“Araseo."

“Oppa, I’ll be calling Sunggyu oppa.”

“Ne, you should.”

She calls her brother who was back at Infinite’s dorm.

“Yah, Sunggyu-ssi, your phone’s ringing!” says Hoya.

“Ah! Gomawo!... Yeoboseyo? Oh! Minyoung-ah! What is it… MWO?!”

Sunggyu hurries back to the hospital as fast as he could!

“Minyoung! Myungsoo! How’s uncle now?!”

“Hyung, seat down first and calm yourself…” says Myungsoo.

“How the heck can I calm down when samchon’s  in a comatose state?! Aish! What happened anyway when I left?!”

Myungsoo tells him all what happened while Minyoung looks down on the floor.

“They were here?! Why the heck didn’t you call me?!”

“For what?! To beat them up?”

“Yah! Oppa! It’s samchon we should be worried about, not me or what happened earlier… Where did you go anyway?”

“Samchon sent me to the house of our company’s biggest shareholder, Mr. Shin of the Shin Group. “

“Why were you sent there hyung?”

“To tell him about samchon’s resignation and you and Minyoung here being the new Co-Presidents of our company. Then, I went to our company’s headquarters and told the same thing.”

“And?”

“Well, they were all sad that samchon’s stepping down but also happy that you two would be taking over. Though…”

“Go on oppa.”

“Though I did tell them as well as Mr. Shin my reasons for not taking over the company and I was glad that they understood me. Myungsoo-sh, although you’re now one of our company’s new presidents, you’re still part of Infinite, got it?”

“Ne hyung, of course!”

“That’s good then. Thanks for explaining to them oppa.”

“Gomawo. Anyways, are you okay now Minyoung-ah?”

“Ne. Still a little shocked though.”

“I really feel bad for you Minyoung-ah. You had already five shocks since yesterday.” says Myungsoo.

“Eh?”

“First, what BEAST did to you and what they told you, second, when samchon was brought here, when he told us that we’re the new co-presidents, when you saw Gikwang here and lastly, what just happened to samchon.”

“Oh… I guess you’re right then…”

“Listen Minyoung, whatever happens, whenever they try to call you, contact you or talk to you, don’t listen or talk to them, got it?”

“Ne oppa. Of course I do.”

“They should’nt have done that to you. Yah you should’ve told them that countless idol singers have tried to date you! Yonghwa of CN Blue! Jinwoon of 2AM! Daehyun of B.A.P.! L.Joe of Teen Top! Soohyun of U-Kiss! And I haven’t gotten to the half of the entire list!”

“Oppa! Geumanhae!”

“They said that you weren’t pretty and beautiful! Ha! (hugs her) You’re the most beautiful girl for me!”

“Oppa! Gomawo! I know you’re trying to cheer me up and all but, saying all those names makes me remember him more!...”

“She’s right hyung. She all turned them down because of her love for Gikwang.”

“Oh right… mianhae… um… even Myungsoo here fell in love with you!”

“MWO?! When the heck did that happen hyung?!”

“I think … it’s the opposite… Sunggyu oppa, remember mine and Myungsoo’s senior year?”

“Ah right! You suddenly developed a huge crush on him that almost exploded when you made him your partner for the prom… Hahahaha!”

“Yah! Geumanhae you pabo! I don’t like remembering that! We’re best friends and it’s going to stay that way!”

“She’s right hyung!”

“Araseo! Araseo! Just trying to lighten up the mood…”

Then the doors of the ICU opens and out comes Mr. Kim who was lying unconscious on the stretcher.

“Is he being brought back to his room?” Sunggyu asks the two.

“Ne oppa.”

“I guess that’s a good thing then. Let’s go.”

BEAST and their manager were on their way back to their dorm. Dongwoon and Gikwang were the only ones seated at the far back. Dongwoon notices Gikwang’s sad expression on his face.

“Yah, are you alright?”

“…”

“Come on now, tell me what’s wrong, we’re all brothers here, remember?”

“Araseo. It’s just that, I feel kinda sad that Minyoung doesn’t like us anymore and…”

“That you’re not anymore her bias?”

“Ne…”

“Aigoo, when did you start being like this?”

“Ever since she arrived at our dorm…”

“You like her don’t you?” says Yoseob who was looking at them in front of them.

“I…”

“Oh please! I’ve seen enough dramas! That’s a yes!” says Hyunseung who looks at the two as well.”

“Well, yeah, I guess a little…”

“Omo! Our Gikwang’s got a crush!” they all shout!

“Mwo? Who’s he having a crush on?!” Doojoon shouts from in front.

“Kim Minyoung!”

“MWO?!” This surprises their manager who, for a second, loses control of the car and they start swerving on the road!

“WOAH! WAH! YAH!”

“Mianhae boys!” He eventually manages to take control of the car again.

“You’re really having a crush on her?” Junhyung asks.

“Ne…”

“Yah, Gikwang-ssi! That’s a dangerous game that you want to play!”

“Eh? Why’s that?”

“Here! This is the magazine I was telling you about!” He hands them the magazine which he got in the car’s compartment.

“Omo! So it’s all true!”

“Ne! Turn to page 35!”

“Page 35! Ah! Here we are…” all six go speechless at what they read!

“Ah yes, that was also my expression when I first read that.”

“No way! This cannot be true! They all tried to date her?!” shouts Gikwang.

“Ne! But, she all turned them down! And, do you want to know the reason why? Go to the next page, top left.”

They all go to the next page and they finally discover her reason.

“No way, she all turned them down because she loves our Gikwang very much?” says Doojoon.

“Now I feel more horrible about what we did! Aish!” says Junhyung.

“Yah! Gikwang-ssi! Are you alright?” Yoseob asks since Gikwang wasn’t saying anything and that he was staring at that part of the page.

“Well, you should all feel horrible! These two could’ve been a couple! And you guys made her stop liking him! AND US!” shouted Dongwoon.

“But what can we do? She doesn’t want to listen to us anymore!” says Hyunseung.

“Well, we have to try other ways.” says their manager.

“Oh right, we just saw Mr. Kim being brought to the ICU right?” says Dongwoon.

“That’s right.” says Junhyung.

“Then, if he’s sick, that means that there’s a possibility that Sunggyu will become the president of the company right?”

“You’re right! I’ve seen that happen in a lot of dramas! The older child, mostly the son, succeeds to the position!” says Hyunseung.

“So, it’s to Sunggyu that we should all apologize to!” says Doojoon.

“You’re right hyung!” says Yoseob.

“But…”

“BUT WHAT DONGWOON?!”

“He’s still her brother. Won’t he be very mad at us?”

“… We didn’t think about that…”

“Plus, there’s still Myungsoo.” says Doojoon.

“Oh right. Minyoung’s best friend.”

“Gikwang, yeoboseyo? GIKWANG!”

“Mwo?! Why are you shouting at me Yoseob?”

“You haven’t said anything!”

“What’s the point… I bet he’s also mad at us for doing that to her.”

“Maybe you’re right… Aigoo! WHAT THE HECK WILL WE DO?!”

Back at the hospital, Mr. Kim has been returned to his room. This time, an oxygen tank has been connected to him. Once the nurses and his doctor leave, Minyoung, Myungsoo and Sunggyu approaches Mr. Kim and sits by his side.

Myungsoo couldn’t help but notice how much Minyoung has suffered already.

“Minyoung-ah, may I borrow your phone?”

“Wae?”

“I’m just going to copy a contact number.”

“Araseo, (gets her phone) here.”

“Gomawo.” He opens the phonebook and searches for the number of BEAST’s manager and copies it into his phone. He gives her back her phone then stands up.

“Sunggyu-ssi, may I talk to you outside?”

“Oh, araseo.”

The two guys went out of the room and close the door.

“What is it Myungsoo-ah?”

“I’d like to talk to BEAST.”

“EH?!”

“Shush!” Myungsoo covers Sunggyu’s mouth and pulls him away from Mr. Kim’s room.

“Wae?!”

“To tell them to stop approaching Minyoung. They want to apologize to her for what they did.”

“Ah… Kurae… Where do you plan to talk to them?”

“In a café I guess.”

“Wouldn’t that be risky?” Sure you might have your disguises on but, wouldn’t it be still suspicious? Remember, fans are everywhere.”

“Araseo. So, where should I talk to them?”

“Hmm… well, it can’t be our house… Ah! How about at our old house?”

“But isn’t that under maintenance right now?”

“Oh right… AH! I know now! Your condo unit that samchon gave to you last year for Christmas!”

“Ah right! I haven’t been coming there for a while! Araseo!”

Myungsoo calls BEAST’s manager and tells him that he would like to meet up with BEAST. He tells them where to go and what time.

“Araseo, got it! Kamsahamnida!”

“Yah, who was that?” Doojoon asks. (They were still on their way back to their dorm)

“Kim Myungsoo.”

“MWO?! Why did he call?!” asks Gikwang.

“Calm down! He… he wants to talk to you guys.”

“Eh? Wae?”

“I don’t know. He didn’t say anything. But, you’re meeting him right now. I’ll be driving you guys to the place.”

“ARASEO.”

Minutes later, they stopped in front of one of the most expensive condominium buildings in Seoul!

“What are we doing here?” asks Dongwoon.

“This is where he said he’ll talk to you six.”

“No way! Don’t tell us that he owns one of those units up there!”says Junhyung.

“Apparently, he does. He told me to go to where his condo unit was. It’s on the 2oth floor. Go on guys oh and tell the front desk that you’re going to Kim Myungsoo’s room.”

“Yeoboseyo?... Ne, this is Kim Myungsoo. There are six people going to my unit so please let them in… Araseo. Kamsahamnida.”

“So?”

“It’s okay now.  I’ll be going now.”

“Araseo, be careful. I’ll take care of Minyoung.”

“Ne hyung!”

The six members enter the building and goes towards the front desk. When the employee sees the six, she welcomes them.

“Are you the six going up to Mr. Kim Myungsoo’s room?”

“Ne.” says Doojoon.

“Please come with me.” She leads them towards the elevator where they all enter. She presses the button containing the number 20 and pushes the button to close the doors. While the elevator was going up, Seo In Guk’s song, “With Laughter Or With Tears” began playing. Myungsoo was now on his way to the condominium as well.

Eventually, they arrive at the 20th floor. The employee leads them to the right and stops at a door near a window. She grabs a key from her pocket and opens the door for them.

“Please enter. Mr. Kim will be here in a short while.”

“Gomawo.” they all said.

They all entered the room and closed the door. They marveled at the insides of the unit!

“Aigoo! Who knew Myungsoo was so rich!” says Yoseob as he sat on the couch.

“Yah! Hyungs! Don’t go touching anything here! Got it?” says Dongwoon.

“He’s right hyungs! Let’s just all sit down here.” says Hyunseung..

The other members all sat down on the couch which fortunately managed to seat all of them. They waited for Myungsoo to come until… the door finally opened.

“Ah! I hope I didn’t make you all wait for a long time?

“It’s okay. We just came a few minutes ago.” says Doojoon.

“Kurae? Are you all hungry? I think I have some food in the fridge…”

“Aniyo. It’s okay Myungsoo-ssi.” says Junhyung.

“How about some drinks?”

“We’re okay, don’t worry about us.” says Yoseob.

“Araseo.” Gikwang was looking seriously at Myungsoo who sits at the armchair in front of them. Myungsoo notices Gikwang looking at him before turning to the other members.

“Thank you all coming.”

“Actually, it’s our pleasure so… ehehehe.” says Dongwoon.

“So, why did you want to talk to us?” asks Junhyung.

“Well, I’ll just cut to the chase: please stop bothering Minyoung.”

“EH?!”

“Wae?” asks Gikwang.

“From the very moment when you made her clean your entire dorm and told her that she wasn’t pretty and beautiful, to her uncle being brought to the hospital, then when she saw you Gikwang hyung at the hospital then lastly, her uncle just got hit by a and is now in a comatose state, she has been continually suffering and I for one can’t understand why that’s all happening to her.”

“Wait, Mr. Kim, he suffered a ?!” exclaims Doojoon.

“Now he’s in a comatose state?!” says Dongwoon.

“Ne, you all heard right.”

“So that means Sunggyu would be taking over your company?” asks Yoseob.

“Oh, I see you’ve been doing some research.”

“We just found out today from our manager.” says Junhyung.

“Well, no. Sunggyu hyung will not be taking over the company.”

“Mwo? Waeyo?”

“Sunggyu has refused to do so ever since he and Minyoung’s parents died. So, Minyoung and I will take over the company as its new Co-Presidents.”

“You two? But, how come you too as well? I thought you and Minyoung are only best friends?” asks Gikwang.

“Ne, we are. You see guys, when Minyoung and I were only three years old, my parents died in a car accident. They were my only family left since my grandparents died already before I was born and both my mom and dad didn’t have any siblings. My family and Minyoung’s family were friends so they decided to take me in. Although, when we were in middle school, her parents died because a fire burned down their house. You see, they rescued both Minyoung and I because we were sleeping at that time. Sunggyu was with our uncle during those moments.”

“So, it happened on a night?”

“Ne. Mr. Kim became the company’s new president and he wants to designate Sunggyu as his successor but he adamantly refuses.  Actually, samchon only told me and Minyoung about us being the new presidents when he was brought here last night.”

“So, does that mean you two are in charge of the company now?” asks Yoseob.

“Ne. So anyway, let me get back to why I called all of you here for. Would you all please do what I’m asking you all to do?”

“Seeing the circumstances, I guess that yeah, sure we’ll do what you’re asking us. We obviously can’t force her to accept our apology so, as her best friend, could you at least please relay our apologies to her?” asks Doojoon.

“Araseo, you can count on me to do that.”

“That’s a relief then! We’re really grateful!” says Junhyung.

“But, may I ask you guys something?”

“Ne, go on!”

“Why did you do that to her?”

“You see Myungsoo, my hyungs Doojoon, Yoseob, Hyunseung and Junhyung all wanted to have some fun and they decided to do that to her. Gikwang and I here weren’t able to do something to stop them since they were very much relentless.”

“I see now. Look guys, now that you know we’re rich and all, when going to your concerts or buying your albums, she only used the money that she saved when doing those things. Even when she would drag me into your concerts and all; she would really wait for your concert tickets and albums to come out so that she could buy the very first one!  Although every time you guys had a CD signing, she would always miss it because of school work. You see, we were both on top of the honors list. When studying, you guys were her inspiration. I would always hear her talking to your picture before she sleeps.”

“Wait, you two sleep together in one room?” Gikwang asks.

“Ne. Well, not beck then but, because of a certain incident, she got traumatized so, I sleep with her in her room. I have my own bed of course.”

“And what is that incident?” Gikwang asks again.

“Well, a thief broke in to her room and well she got very much traumatized by that.”

“Jinja? Omo, we didn’t know that happened…” says Dongwoon.

“So, we read something and saw that Minyoung has already been approached by a lot of guys, is that true?” asks Gikwang.

“Ne. It’s true.”

“OMO! JINJA?!” they all asked!

“Actually, we were surprised from the very start, really we were! But, as said in the magazine, she turned them all down for you Gikwang hyung.”

“So it its true…”

“But now, I don’t think she… likes you anymore… well, that’s just based on my observations.  So hyungs, can I trust you all on your promise to stop bothering Minyoung?”

“Ne. you can trust us.” says Doojoon.

“But do tell her that we’re very much sorry for what we did. We really are sincere about this.” says Yoseob.

“Gomawoyo hyungs! Actually, I’ll let you all in a secret!”

“Omo! Mwoeyo?”

“Me, Sunggyu and the rest of Infinite actually idolizes you guys since you’re our sunbaes! Jeongmal gamsahaeyo! I’m really grateful to you guys! I really hope you would fulfill your promise. I have to go back to the hospital. How about you guys?”

“We’re going back to our dorm now.” says Junhyung.

“ Araseo, let’s go.”

Later, at the lobby…

“I guess me and Minyoung might see you guys on Monday.”

“Eh? Waeyo?” asks Hyunseung.

“We’re having a meeting with Cube’s CEO!”

“MWO?!” shouts BEAST and their manager.

“Hahaha! Yah! We won’t do anything bad if that’s what you guys are thinking. Annyeong!”

Myungsoo bows and so does BEAST and their manager. He goes inside his car starts the engine and drives back to the hospital.