Chapter 22: Bye Bye BEAST?!

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

“They did what?!” Doojoon’s voice echoed throughout the room.

“What will happen now?” Yoseob asked.

“Our investors might get frightened about this so I have to confer with the Board of Directors… As for the six of you, you must go on with the press conference today. I need to undo all of these! Get out of this room immediately!”

The group and their manager quickly went out of the room and went to their office.

“What time will the press conference be?” asks Junhyung.

“After lunch at around 1PM.”

“Aigoo… what do you suppose will the public’s reaction be after we have our press con?” asks Dongwoon.

“Mollayo…It’ll be a mix of positive and negative remarks…” says Doojoon.

“Or even mostly negative, I really feel that it’ll be bad…” says Hyunseung.

“Why do you always bring that up?!” shouts Yoseob.

“Mianhae…”

“This is my fault guys…” says Gikwang who was huddling in a corner.

“Yah, Kwangie, this is all or fault so no need to be like that…”

“Aniyo hyung! This is entirely my fault!”

“ALL SIX OF YOU PLEASE STOP!!! Aigoo! I can’t hear myself think!” shouted their manager.

“Joseohamnida…”

“Let’s just all try to look at the bright side of things, got it?”

They all thought about what he said but…

“What bright side of things?! AIGOO!!!! Wae?! Wae?! WAE?!” shouted Junhyung who hit his head with a pillow. (Hehehe! I really liked it when Seol Chan said Wae?! X3 in Monstar! HEhehe!)

Minyoung and Myungsoo have jus arrived at their office and have called for an emergency meeting where they told everyone about Cube. Fortunately, everyone understood and so they all agreed with their presidents’ plan.

“Yah, Minyoung-ah, are you alright?” Myungsoo asks as he places some folders on her desk.

“Ne oppa, thanks for asking.”

“You seem a bit sad…”

“Aniyo…”

“Well, we did it already, don’t you feel better?”

“It’s like a huge load disappeared inside of me… I’ll be fine, don’t worry.”

Then a knock was heard on the door.

“Come in.” says Minyoung.

“Sir. Myungsoo and Ms. Minyoung, I think you need to check this.”

Ms. Lee went towards the television and turned it on.

“In light of recent events, popular idol group BEAST would be having a press conference today at 1PM. Please stay with us for more information about this as well as on other news.”

“A press conference?” asks Myungsoo.

“They would probably explaining to the public and…” Before Ms. Lee could continue, she was cut by Minyoung.

“Asking forgiveness from me…”

“Ne.”

“Ms. Lee, thank you for telling us. Anything else?”

“They venue where they would be having their press conference is in the same restaurant where you and Mr. Myungsoo always had lunch at.”

“Oh, have our reservation there cancelled there then. Minyoung-ah, where do you want to eat?” asks Myungsoo.

“Let’s just eat here then.”

“Arasseo. I’ll be making a reservation then for two people downstairs.”

“Ms. Lee, make it four please.” says Minyoung.

“Oh, four? Arasseo but, who are the other two?”

“You and Mr. Baek.”

“Eh? But…”

“Aniyo, please join us. The two of you have done so much already for us. Please?”

“I understand Ms. Minyoung. Thank you for the invitation.” She bowed and went back outside.

“A press conference ha? Hmmm…”

"Oppa, if they do ask forgiveness from me later, should I forgive them?”

“Well, it depends on you. You’re the only one who knows the answer but if you’ll ask me, I have two different answers.”

“Mwo?”

“The first one is that you don’t accept their apology while the second one is that you do accept their apology but from that point on, there’d be no more contacts between you and BEAST.”

“Oh…”

“Unless you still want to…”

“Aniyo oppa, I’m just really unsure of what to do… So, what are these folders for?”

The hours pass and finally, it was a few minutes before 1PM. BEAST and their manager has arrived at the restaurant. Outside, they were met by the press and of course, some of their hardcore fans and a lot of past fans now turned haters.

Some were shouting:

“Down with BEAST!”

“DISBAND THEM!”

“HOW COULD THEY DO THAT TO A FAN?!”

“How disgraceful!”

“Boo!!!”

“Yah, you six, don’t mind them, just keep walking.” said BEAST’s manager.

They arrived inside where their table and microphones were waiting for them.

“Okay, let’s start now.”

The boys greeted everyone rather seriously and without any smiles on their faces.

“We’re here to explain to you all and to the entire nation about what truly happened so I hope that everyone would listen.” Doojoon said calmly as he and eventually the others told everyone the truth right from the very beginning till the very end.

“So, what Kim Minyoung said was all true? That you basically made her clean your entire dorm?” asked a reporter.

“Ne.” Doojoon answered.

“But, as we’ve just told you, me and Gikwang weren’t or didn’t ordered her like the rest.” said Dongwoon.

“But aren’t you all a group and the fault of one or more affects the others as well?”

The members looked at each other since what the reporter just said was true.

“Ne…” Doojoon again answered.

“Any words for the public and Kim Minyoung?”

This time, it was Gikwang who answered.

“Um, as a top idol group, many look to us for inspiration and we very well know that what we did was very much not an image of BEAST which everyone knows and admires. We really would like to ask forgiveness from everyone and especially to Kim Minyoung and her family. We shouldn’t have done that and were truly sorry.” The six members all bowed for a long time before ending the press conference.

At that exact time, Minyoung, Myungsoo and their secretaries were at the hotel’s restaurant and were watching the press conference which was being broadcasted live.

Minyoung excused herself and went to the toilet.

Once inside, she washes her hands and then looks at herself in the mirror.

“Apology? Forgiveness?...”

She went back outside.

“Mianhae but, I’ve lost my appetite. I’ll be going back upstairs now but, oppa, you can stay here to finish your lunch.”

“Aniyo I’’ll,…”

“Please do finish your lunch. Don’t worry about me. Mr. Baek and Ms. Lee, please do continue eating.”

Ne.”

“Arasseo.”

 

With the end of the press conference, the reactions started pouring and it was bad for Cube and especially for BEAST: only a small minority supported BEAST while a sizable majority was against them.

In their fan cafes, a lot are demanding that he group be disbanded while some just shot down indefinitely.

The reaction overseas was the same as well. Many international fandoms completely ceased to exist. Some companies have even started ending their contracts thereby a lot of money won’t be reaching Cube anymore. It was causing Cube’s image to shrink day by day.

For that entire week, many groups, former fans and critics were protesting outside of Cube and BEAST’s dorm demanding that he group be disbanded.

Also, Minyoung has been thinking whether to accept the group’s offer or not but finally, she has her final decision. She asks Ms. Lee to call for a press conference later that afternoon.

“A few days ago, the six members of BEAST held a press conference where they explained to everyone what happened from the very beginning till the very end. They also asked for my forgiveness after what they did during the anniversary ball of my company a few days ago and so, I’m here to tell you all my decision: I accept their apology and I forgive them but, I would like to make it clear to you all that I would very much appreciate it if there would be no more contacts between me and BEAST from this day forward. Thank you… So um, those were the words of Minyoung and thank you for coming to this hastily convened press conference. That would be all.” Myungsoo left the room with Minyoung’s letter still in his hand. The press tried to follow him but the security blocked him. He went back to the office.

“Minyoung-ah, the press con’s over.”

“Gomawo oppa. I really appreciate what you’ve done for me.”

“You know that I’d do everything for you.”

“Aigoo… Gomawo…” Minyoung walked towards Myungsoo and gave him a big hug. He responded by hugging her as well.

The press con was also broadcasted live but, it failed to stem the negative reactions and criticism towards BEAST. That night, the whole of Cube (excluding its artists) convened to talk about what to do and by midnight, they arrived at a final judgment.

Mr. Hong called for BEAST to come to his office the very next day.

They arrived at exactly the time he specified and quickly told them what happened last night.

“I’m sorry boys but, the entire management has decided to formally, disband your group…”

There were six faces whose expressions are like this: 0_0 oh and their manager went: x_x

Back at the KHRC, Myungsoo was by the window when he felt something bad just happened. He shrugged it off and continued looking outside.