Chapter 9: Over Some Caffeine

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

 

“What did you say?!”

Minyoung told him what happened back there.

“So, are you okay?”

“Ne…”

“Hmm… (he edges closer to Minyoung and whispers) you both looked at each other’s eyes didn’t you?”

“YAH! MYUNGSOO-AH!”

“Hahahaha! I was right! But wait! I thought…”

“I am…”

“Yeah sure, but you blushed in front of him…”

“Yah! That’s… that’s… very normal when those kinds of situations happen!”

“Yeah right! Feelings change you know! Honestly, I do not believe you 100% that your feelings for him have faded away.”

“Mwo?... Waeyo?”

“You’re asking me? HA! It’s pretty obvious actually. I think a pint of your feelings for him still exists. Remember, one small thing could grow into a big one. But anyway, I’ll support you in your decisions because I’m your best friend.”

“Araseo. Gomawo oppa.”

They later got back at their office where they had their first shareholders meeting as the company’s new presidents. Then, they returned to their office to read and sign some documents. Finally, 12 noon arrived.

“Ms. Minyoung, Sir. Myungsoo, where would you like to eat?” Mr. Baek asks.

“Hmm, about the place where samchon always eats?” says Myungsoo.

“Araseo! We’ll go eat there!” says Minyoung.

“I’ll call the place now and reserve two seats…”

“Why only two?” asks Minyoung.

“You two also come with us! It’ll be our treat!” says Myungsoo.

“But…”

“No buts! Reserve four seats, got it?”

“Ne!”

Back at Cube…

“MWO?! But, you were the one who talked to her!”

“Gikwang please! PLEASE?!” pleaded their manager.

“And what if she refuses?”

“I’ll think about that but, will you do it then?”

“… araseo… what time and where?”

“1PM. At the newly opened café at Gangnam.”

 The two presidents and their secretaries were now having lunch. After eating, both Minyoung and Ms. Lee went to the girl’s room.

“Ms. Lee, by the way, what’s your full name? I keep calling you Ms. Lee the whole day!”

“Ah! It’s Lee Yeonhwa Ms. Minyoung.”

“That’s a nice name! Really it is! So um, how old are you already?”

“The same as you are.”

“Omo… Daebak! Hahaha! Hmm… can we like tone down the formality when we two are alone? I’ll call you Yeonhwa and you call me Minyoung. Araseo?”

“Ne!”

“So, um, you were the one who won that contests right?”

“Ah, ne…”

“So, how was BEAST like?”

Minyoung couldn’t say what truly happened so she told her that they were a lot of fun.

“They were everything I expected them to be!” Minyoung said as she felt her heart beat faster because of her lie. “Are you a B2UTY as well?”

“Well, no actually. Just between you and me, I’m an Inspirit.”

“Omo! So who’s your bias?!”

“Actually, my heart has been racing ever since this morning! It’s Myungsoo!”

“AAHHHH!!!”

“Minyoung-ssi!”

“Hahaha!  Don’t worry, I won’t tell!”

“Aigoo!... Please, don’ tell…”

“Yakssok! I won’t, which reminds me! I know he’s an idol star and all but, I think he needs a girlfriend by this time already!”

“Hmm, actually, you two look good together.”

“Eh?! Aigoo! We’re just best friends and all! Everyone knows the story right?”

“Ne! So it really means you’re really in love with Gikwang!”

“Ah… um… listen, since you trust me with your secret, may I trust you with mine?”

“Of course!”

Minyoung tells her the truth.

“OMO! JINJAYO?!”

“Promise me you won’t tell anyone. I’ve already betrayed my conscience by telling you so…”

“FROM THIS DAY ON I’LL BE YOUR FEMALE BEST FRIEND! I VOW TO KEEP ALL YOUR SECRETS SAFE INSIDE OF ME! NO ONE SHALL KNOW THEM UNLESS YOU ORDER ME TO TELL THEM!”

“Hahahaha! Gomawo  Yeonhwa-ah!...”

“Do you still have feelings for him?”

“I’m not sure but, I think a little bit of it is still left…”

The two girls go out of the girl’s room and catches up with the boys.

“Ms. Minyoung, Sir. Myungsoo, will we be returning to the office or you’re going to the café to meet up with BEAST’s manager now? It is only 12:30PM.” asks Mr. Baek.

“Hmm, let’s go back for now.” says Myungsoo.

“Um, actually, I think it would be better if only the two of us go there, right Myungsoo-ah?”

“Ne. I’ll be driving later.” says Myungsoo.

“Araseo.  We’ll be at the office if you need us.” says Ms. Lee.

They all board the car and goes back to the office.

Doojoon was now driving Gikwang towards the café at Gangnam.

“Yah, please don’t mess this up.”

“May I remind you that you should be the one doing this since you’re the leader?”

“But our manager picked you right? Hehehe!”

“Pabo appa!”

They eventually arrive at the café. Gikwang steps out of the car and wears some shades to disguise his self.

“Hwaiting! Aja! Aja!”

“Oh shut up!”

“Call or text me when it’s over.” Doojoon leaves while Gikwang enters the café and waits for 1PM to come.

It was around 12:50PM when Minyoung, Myungsoo and their secretary arrived back at the office. They rested for a while before heading back down again.

“So, are you ready?”

“Oppa, it’s not like we’re meeting the members themselves. Ne, I am.”

“Araseo. Let’s go.”

“Where the heck are they? It’s almost 1PM.” Gikwang looks outside and checks if there’s anyone arriving.

“Aigoo… I’m being bored to death here!”

Finally, the two arrive. Minyoung and Myungsoo both enter the café and looks for BEAST’s manager.

“Where is he?”

“I don’t know. Let’s look around.”

They walk further inside the café and when Gikwang saw them, he stood up and tapped Myungsoo at the back.

“Oh! Mianhae! I…Oh!”

“Mwoeyo?... Oppa…”

“It’s me you’re going to meet up with. My manager kinda tricked you… Mianhaeyo.”

“Why don’t we seat now. I’ll go order something for us to drink.” says Myungsoo as he goes to the counter while Minyoung and Gikwang sits down. They refuse to look at each other but, for some moments, they can’t help but still a glance on each other. Myungsoo arrives with their coffee and iced tea.

“Oh, whose iced tea is that?” asks Gikwang.

“It’s mine. I don’t drink coffee you see.”

“Oh…”

“So, would you mind telling us what we came here for?” says Myungsoo.

“Ah yes! You see, later this week, on Friday to be exact, we would be having a …”

“Fan meeting.” says Minyoung as she drinks some of her iced tea.

“Ah ne, how did you…”

“Well, she has your schedule for this whole month back in the house. She got it from your fan club you see.”

“Oh… well, so, you see we’re kinda going to tell their what happened at the dorm…and, show some pictures, well actually, one or two would do…”

“Pictures of what happened in the dorm?” says Myungsoo.

“Ne…”

“So basically, what you’re trying to say is that I should go back to your dorm and take some pictures with you guys so as to make sure that you have some proof that I ENJOYED at your dorm.”

“NE…”

“Well, I did say that I’m not going to tell anyone and… I owe you something… Araseo, I’ll do it.”

“Minyoung-ah, jinjayo?”

“Ne Myungsoo-ah.”

“That’s great then! I’m very grateful!”

“But, that doesn’t change anything…”

“Ne, I understand. When are you free?”

“We’ll have to check our schedule when we get back so…”

“Here’s my number.” Gikwang shows her his phone so, she copies it.

“I’ll just contact you then later. Let’s go.”

“Ne.” They leave the café and Gikwang behind.