LOVE/HATE

When Tears Equals To Love

Eunhyuk was finally discharged and I was sitting in his room, talking to him. We were still talking about the date on Saturday.

"I still think you're very stupid,"I told him.

"Its not my fault that he asked me to go riding with him. It seems like a really nice idea,"Eunhyuk pouted.

"Didn't I tell you he was really good at riding? This is what you get when you riding with an expert. You fall down and land yourself in the hospital,"I said.

"I didn't know he was THAT good. And I didn't want to fall down either,"he replied.

I shook my head and there was a knock on the door. Hyunjoong and Chaeyoung stepped in.

"Hey, you alright now?"Hyunjoong asked as he sat down next to me.

"Hey, I'm alright apart from my deafness,"he replied.

"Deafness?"Chaeyoung asked.

"Yeah, this woman here's still nagging at me over the incident. I'm deaf now cause of her constant nagging,"Eunhyuk shot me a look.

"Shut up,"I smacked him.

"Haemin!"Hyunjoong scolded.

"AH HA! Even your brother's siding me,"Eunhyuk stuck out his tongue.

I rolled my eyes.

"How childish can you get, Lee Hyukjae?"I asked.

"Quit calling my birth name. You sound like my mother,"Eunhyuk said, feeling annoyed.

"When are you going to school?"Hyunjoong asked.

"Erm, tomorrow, I guess,"Eunhyuk replied.

"I hope you'll never step into school. The class is so quiet without you,"I told him.

"Well, I don't want to go to school either. I don't want to sit beside you,"Eunhyuk retorted.

"Their love/hate relationship is really hard to stomach,"Chaeyoung smiled.

"Were you two like that before you all started dating?"Hyunjoong asked.

"It was worse, wasn't it?"Eunhyuk asked me.

"Yeah, he bullied me like there's no tomorrow!"I complained.

"It was your fault for being so annoying! If you were to be nicer to me, we would have started dating long ago!"Eunhyuk said.

"I'll never date you last time cause I hated you. I still hate you,"I replied.

"Oh, really?"Eunhyuk smiled.

I nodded my head and looked away.

"Okay then. You can go with Junsu for all you want. Please stay back everyday for this week to sweep the floor,"Eunhyuk said.

"YOU EVIL MONSTER! I was just joking!"I smacked him.

Eunhyuk laughed and grabbed my hand.

"I know, I was joking too. I wouldn't let my precious babe sweep the floor unless I'm there to help,"he smiled.

"Stop making me embarrassed, Lee Hyukjae!"I pushed him away.

"Sorry to interrupt but we need to go off now,"Chaeyoung smiled.

"Haemin, are you coming home with me for dinner?"Hyunjoong asked.

I shook my head.

"Again? This is the third time this week! Grandma's gonna be really angry with you,"Hyunjoong said.

"Go home for dinner,"Eunhyuk urged.

"But I want to stay here with you,"I pleaded.

"Nah, go home. I'm fine by myself. You can call me. Besides, we're seeing each other tomorrow,"Eunhyuk my hair.

"Okay,"I said reluctantly.

"Good girl,"Eunhyuk smiled.

"Take care,"I stood up.

He waved and we walked out of the room. We got into the car and Hyunjoong drove us home.

"So, you having a good time with your new boyfriend?"Chaeyoung asked happily.

"Uh huh but it'll be more fun if my darling brother starts dating too,"I answered.

"Don't drag me in,"Hyunjoong mumbled.

"You two should start dating too. You've dragged this for too long. Besides, you two like each other, right?"I asked.

There was silence in the car.

"HELLO? Somebody answer me!"I said loudly.

There was silence again.

"Fine! Chaeyoung, are you coming to our house for dinner tonight?"I asked.

"What?"Hyunjoong and Chaeyoung asked together.

"I said Chaeyoung not Hyunjoong!"I elbowed Hyunjoong.

"Erm, I don't think so. I'm not invited by your grandma, you see,"Chaeyoung smiled awkwardly.

"But you're going to part of the family next year. There's no need for invitation! JUST COME!"I smiled broadly.

"Haemin, quiet,"Hyunjoong glared at me.

"Erm, I'm really busy tonight. I'll pop by this week,"Chaeyoung quickly said.

Hyunjoong dropped her off and he drove us back.

"WHATS WITH YOU?!"Hyunjoong shouted.

"WHAT! I was just trying to hook you two up!"I shouted back.

"Didn't I say stop interferring in my life? Don't you know how awkward the situation was? Grow up, Kim Haemin!"he argued.

"SHUT UP, KIM HYUNJOONG! I was just helping, alright?! Chaeyoung likes you so much yet you don't even talk to her? COME ON! You like her too. TELL HER! Or start to talk to her. You two were best of friends. Just cause you had a crush on her, doesn't mean you can just stop talking to altogether. Don't you know how hurt she is?"I retorted.

"YOU SHUT UP FIRST, KIM HAEMIN! I'M YOUR OLDER BROTHER AND DON'T YOU DARE ORDER ME AROUND, YOU HEAR ME!"Hyunjoong shouted.

"WELL, IF YOU WANT TO BEHAVE LIKE A JERK, I'M NOT GONNA CARE ANYMORE! I'M WASHING MY HANDS OF YOU!"I shouted back.

"I DIDN'T ASK YOU CARE, DID I?"he shouted.

"JUST SHUT UP AND DRIVE!"I shouted back.

Fuming with anger, he drove us home. When I reached, I got out of the car before he could stop it.

"ARE YOU CRAZY? I HAVEN'T EVEN STOP THE CAR. DON'T YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS THAT IS?"Hyunjoong shouted as he got out of the car.

"IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO CARE ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS THEN YOU SHOULDN'T INTERFERRE WITH MY LIFE, KIM HYUNJOONG!"I shouted back.

The front door swung open and my grandma stepped out.

"What's all these noise eh?"she asked sternly.

Hyunjoong and I kept quiet. She walked towards us and motioned for Hyunjoong to come nearer since he was at the car. He walked quickly towards grandma and I.

"You two, come with me!"she glared.

We followed her obediently. Quarreling is one thing but being caught shouting at one another by my grandma is another. This time, we're in serious trouble. She closed the living room door and sat on the sofa.

"Kim Hyunjoong, you speak first. Why were you shouting?"she asked sternly.

Hyunjoong looked at me then at grandma. He then looked down at the floor.

"I was annoyed with Haemin,"he said.

"Why were you annoyed then?"she asked again.

"She kept butting into my life,"he replied honestly.

I kept quiet. I didn't dare argue with Hyunjoong now.

"Kim Haemin, why were you shouting?"she asked.

"I was angry with Hyunjoong,"I replied.

"Why were you angry?"she asked again.

"He shouted at me when I was just helping him,"I answered.

"Now, I don't care who's right and who's wrong. You two are to go into the reflection room together and reflect. I'll call you out at 5pm for punishment,"she glared.

Hyunjoong and I gulped. It was a long time since we got punished. The thought of the hard long cane, whacking our back was unbearable.

"GO!"grandma ordered.

We hurriedly got out of the living room and went to the reflection room. We sat in there.

"Its all your fault, jerk. Now, we've to be punished. I can't believe I'll have to face the cane again now that I'm 17!"I glared at Hyunjoong.

"My fault? I shouldn't even have come back to Seoul. I should've known you're still such an idiot!"he glared.

We sat in there in silence. Then, the door swung open and my nanny was standing there.

"Young master and miss, its time,"she said quietly.

Hyunjoong stood up bravely and walked out. I hurriedly walked beside him.

"Trying to act brave, eh?"I said sarcastically.

"Shut up,"he hissed.

We reached the living room and my grandma was there with the cane.

"Who's first?"she asked.

Hyunjoong and I looked at each other.

"HYUNJOONG/HAEMIN!"we shouted at the same time.

Hyunjoong and I glared at each other.

"You two never change. After so many times. Don't you all know how embarrassing it is for all of us when you two kids shout at each other at the front door? You two are of different status of the rest of the people in Seoul. You two must behave differently. Your shouting at the door is what commoners do, not rich people like us. How many times must I tell you that?"she scolded.

We kept quiet.

"Kim Hyunjoong! Come here!"my grandma motioned.

I stuck out my tongue at him.

"You shall be punished first. You're the elder brother. You should have restrained your younger sister but you didn't. Instead you joined her in this madness. KNEEL DOWN!"she yelled.

Hyunjoong kneeled down and grandma lifted the cane. She swung it and it hit Hyunjoong's back. He cried out in pain. She lifted it up again and hit him. She hit him again.

"I hope you learnt your lesson!"she said.

Hyunjoong stood up. He walked over to me and glared at me with tears in his eyes. Grandma's cane can be really painful.

"KIM HAEMIN!"grandma ordered.

I gulped and walked slowly towards her. I kneeled down and closed my eyes.

"You, as a young lady, should have not shouted like a mad woman. If Hyunjoong had shouted first, you should have talked nicely to him!"she scolded.

Then, it hit me. I cried out in pain. Tears spilled out of my eyes. It hit me again. She hit me again. I stood up and cried.

"You two are to go back to your room. No dinner for you,"she said.

We went up to our rooms. As I was about to close my door, Hyunjoong stepped in.

"Go out,"I glared.

"I need to talk to you,"he said.

I sat on my sofa.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you. It was really immature of me. I'll talk to Chaeyoung soon but not now. I feel really awkward. Its not that I don't want to talk to her, you know. Its really difficult for me to,"he explained.

My heart softened.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you too. And for calling you names,"I cried.

He came over to hug me.

"Next time, when we argue, we should go to the music room where its sound-proof,"he joked.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel