Getting Closer? Maybe

When Tears Equals To Love

Eunhyuk looked at the portfolio carefully, looking really serious. I looked at it also, trying to be serious.

"Anything you like?"Eunhyuk asked as if we were buying a dress.

"Up to you,"I answered.

He looked up and gave me a weird look.

"What?"I asked.

"Well, I thought you would say something like, I don't care cause I don't even want to be engaged in the first place,"Eunhyuk answered.

"Oh. But even if I were to elope, my parents will find me in the end. So, I shall just save my money,"I told him.

"Wise choice. Its not a bad thing being engaged to me,"Eunhyuk smiled.

"We'll see,"I replied with a tired voice.

"You okay?"he asked.

"Just tired,"I told him.

"Then, we'll take a break then. We've been looking at this for quite some time. I'll go take out my contacts. My eyes are kinda dry. You want anything to drink?"Eunhyuk asked as he stood up.

"No, thanks,"I rubbed my tired eyes.

"Be right back,"Eunhyuk said as he walked off.

I sat there with my eyes closed and head leaned back on the comfy sofa. I opened my eyes, unable to sleep and sat up straight. The door to the living room opened and Eunhyuk's nanny came in with drinks and three portions of lasagna.

"Smells good,"I smiled.

"You must be hungry. You haven't eaten lunch, right? Eunhyuk asked me to quickly whip up something for you to eat,"she smiled back at me.

"Wow, how nice of him to do that,"I sat down on the floor so I could eat my lasagna.

"He's a really nice kid and you're the lucky one engaged to him,"the nanny pats me on the back before walking off.

I digged in.

"How’s the lasagna?"Eunhyuk asked as he came back in.

I looked up. He doesn't have his Prince Charming aura after wearing his glasses. He looks smart. But he's still hot. Really hot, if you ask me. My heart stirred.

"Something on my face?"Eunhyuk asked.

"No,"I got back to eating my food.

"Then, why are you looking at my face?"he asked as he sat down next to me to eat.

"Just looking at how hot you are,"I said honestly.

“You think I’m hot?”Eunhyuk’s eyes widened.

“I thought you knew that,”I answered.

“I always thought of myself as good-looking not hot. But thanks anyway,”he smiled before going back to his food.

“Oh,”I answered simply.

“So, how much did you get for that History test?”Eunhyuk asked happily.

I stopped eating.

“You didn’t show me your paper just now. I know you don’t want people to know I’ve been tutoring you. I know you’re capable of getting the results that I’ll be proud of,”he grinned.

Oh ! He thinks I got a good grade on that horrible History test.

“So, how much did you get out of 12? 11?”he asked happily.

“Erm, I’m not that smart. I know you’ve got full marks but History is beyond me,”I said, hoping that he’ll get a clue.

“Hmmm, I don’t think I can believe you. After all, you’ve been passing all your tests,”he continued eating.

I nodded my head.

“So, how much did you get? I’m excited,”he looked at me.

“Eunhyuk,”I started.

“Come on. It’s okay to get a B,”he smiled.

“I….,”I looked at him.

His smile disappeared.

“You didn’t even get a B?”he asked with his eyebrow raised.

I shook my head.

“Oh, it’s okay. As long as you pass,”Eunhyuk smiled.

I looked at him.

“I only got 6 out of 12,”I looked down, feeling sad.

“At least you passed. I know you failed History before. It’s an improvement. With me tutoring you, you’ll get you’re a in no time,”he patted my back and returned to his food.

“You must be disappointed, right?”I asked.

“A little but it’s okay. It’s a small step but it’s still an improvement,”Eunhyuk told me.

“Okay,”I said simply.

“Excuse me for barging in,”Eileen cleared .

“Sorry, we got carried away,”I apologized.

“Oh, you two look really comfortable with each other. Are you sure you two are not dating or something?”Eileen asked.

“No. I told you she hates me,”Eunhyuk told her.

“I DON’T!”I exclaimed loudly.

I covered my mouth. What did I say? Eunhyuk looked at me, chuckled and got back to his food. I hurriedly ate mine.

“Look really cute while doing that, Kim,”Eunhyuk whispered.

“Shut up and eat, Lee,”I hissed softly.

“Well, since you don’t hate him, Eunhyuk will stand a greater chance then,”Eileen said.

Eunhyuk looked at me and he kept staring till his phone rang. He looked at it, made a face and moved his finger to a button.

“Don’t reject the call. Answer it,”I ordered.

He looked at me, shrugged and answered the call using loud-speaker.

“Sorry, it’s a habit of mine to use loud-speaker at home,”he whispered to me.

He turned back to his phone.

“Yeah?”he answered the call.

“Hyuk, where are you? It’s been a long time since we met up,”I recognize Donghae’s voice

“Busy with the girl. I thought I told you about it,”Eunhyuk said.

“Oh, right. Your engagement. You’re a lucky dude. Engaged to the girl you like? How lucky is that? Though she doesn’t like you,”Donghae said.

“Erm, Hae, the girl’s just beside me,”Eunhyuk said.

“Oh, really? But it’s a fact that she doesn’t like you anyway. But I don’t get why she doesn’t like you. Every girl in school would die to be in her shoes,”Donghae told Eunhyuk.

“I know. Seriously, what do you not like about me?”Eunhyuk looked at me as he asked.

Obviously, his question was directed at me but Donghae doesn’t know.

“Well, your violent streak. Plus you’re an alcoholic,”Donghae told him.

“Oh, I forgot the violent part. But since when did I beat someone up?”Eunhyuk squinted his eyes to think.

How could this guy forget about the Sungmin incident?

“Remember the guy you beat up at the club?”Donghae tried to trigger his memory.

They get into fights in club. Amazing.

“I beat someone up?!”Eunhyuk opened his eyes wide.

“Yeah, cause he was making this girl at the bar uncomfortable. That was the only time you hit someone,”Donghae said proudly.

“Oh, scared me. I don’t really remember being violent,”Eunhyuk breathed a sigh of relief.

“Lee Hyukjae, you beat Sungmin up the other day,”I said flatly.

“I didn’t. Donghae did,”Eunhyuk told me.

“Yeah, he had nothing to do with it. I was the one who suggested beating Sungmin up,”Donghae told me.

“Yeah, right. Trying to cover up for the idiot,”I told him.

“I’m serious. Eunhyuk would never beat someone unless that someone is bullying someone else,”Donghae explained.

“I don’t really understand what you said,”Eunhyuk told him.

“Sigh. So, are you coming out today?”Donghae asked.

Eunhyuk hesitated and looked at me.

“Can I?”he asked me.

“Why are you asking me? If you want to go, just go. Are you mad or what?”I raised my eyebrow.

“My future wife says I can go,”Eunhyuk smiled.

“Oh, right. Now you have to ask permission before you can go out?! Sigh. Poor you. Anyway, I’ll make sure I get Jessica to come along. She’ll love to,”Donghae laughed.

“Erm, I was hoping it’s just a boys’ night out,”Eunhyuk said.

“What?! No girls?”Donghae asked.

“No. I can’t afford to be a flirt. I need to win this girl over,”Eunhyuk told Donghae.

“You’re missing out on all the fun,”Donghae protested.

“If you want to spend the night with girls, you can go alone. I’m not risking it. Haemin doesn’t like me being a flirt,”Eunhyuk said seriously.

“ARGH! Fine, boys’ night out,”Donghae hung up.

Eunhyuk sighed.

“If you really want to flirt, it’s okay with me, you know,”I said.

“You wanna come with me?”Eunhyuk grinned.

“WHAT?”I exclaimed.

“Go to the club with me?”Eunhyuk asked again.

“No,”I answered straight away.

“It’ll be fun! I’ll introduce you to all my friends,”he grinned.

“No,”I repeated.

“Come on! I’ll help you go on a shopping date with Sunye. How’s that?”Eunhyuk grinned.

I kept quiet. A shopping date with Sunye. Sounds fun.

“Deal!”I smiled.

“Good girl!”Eunhyuk nodded.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel