Together At Last

When Tears Equals To Love

It was the night of the date between Chaeyoung and Hyunjoong. I sat in my brother's room waiting for him. Then, I heard his shoes. He swung open the door and got a huge shock when he saw me sitting on his sofa. He closed the door and frowned.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in your room?"he asked as he took off his jacket.

"How was the date?"I asked.

"Thanks to you, another awkward date,"he replied.

"Aww, didn't you talk to her?"I asked.

"I did but I didn't know what she likes. Its difficult to talk to her,"he answered.

"Chaeyoung likes to play the violin like you. You can talk to her about violins,"I suggested.

"Who talks about violin nowadays,"he laughed a little.

"You. You're so old-fashioned,"I replied.

"Sigh, I don't want to talk to you now. I'm tired,"he said.

"Okay. Sleep well. Tomorrow's a long day,"I said.

"Tomorrow?"he looked at me.

"Our double date? Horseback riding? You forgot?"I asked.

"No no. I didn't. I'm going to sleep. See you in the morning,"he said.

I closed the door and went to my room to call Chaeyoung.

"Hello?"she answered.

"Chaeyoung, how was the date?"I asked.

"It was okay. The food was great but it was awkward between us,"she laughed awkwardly.

"Really? Did he start a conversation?"I asked.

"Hmm, he did. We managed to talk about music for awhile but it led to nowhere,"she answered.

"Oh, its okay! A few more dates and he'll open up,"I said.

"I hope so,"she replied.

"Anyway, I gotta go. Its rather late. I'll see you tomorrow then,"I said.

"Okay,"she said.

"Oh, Hyunjoong will be there to fetch you 10am,"I said.

"Oh, sure! Thanks. Bye!"she hung up.

I went off to sleep. The next morning, I woke up to my alarm. I went to shower before heading downstairs for breakfast. When I stepped in, I got a huge shock. My brother's wearing a beige colour riding coat and pants *THINK BOF*. He looks rather hot to me.

"Wow, you look hot,"I sat down.

"You don't look too bad yourself,"he smiled.

We finished eating breakfast and we headed out to the car. He drove us to Chaeyoung's house. We fetched her and we drove to the stable on the outskirt of Seoul.

"Wow, its beautiful out here. The stable where I learnt horseback riding is in the city so I don't get to see all these nice scenery,"Chaeyoung gushed.

"Maybe you'll like to transfer to this school,"I smiled.

"I'll think about it,"she smiled back.

We reached the stable and Eunhyuk was already there.

"Woah, your fiance looks prepared,"Chaeyoung smiled.

I have to admit, he looks ultra hot. I stepped out of the car and he walked towards me.

"Hey,"I greeted.

"Hey,"he greeted me back.

We went off to the stable. Hyunjoong went to his white horse and patted it. I went to my brown horse and touched it.

"Eunhyuk, which horse do you want?"I asked.

"I don't know. I don't even know how to ride one,"he replied.

HAHAHA, isn't he cute? I smiled and pulled him to one of the horses.

"This is my father's horse. You can ride him,"I smiled.

He looks at the horse. The instructor came and helped him up the horse. I got myself up on my horse and the four of us trotted out of the stable. The instructor then led us through an obstacle course to make sure we're comfortable on the horse.

"Alright, you're free to go. Hyunjoong, please help take care of them. I trust your riding skills,"the instructor called out.

"No problem!"Hyunjoong gave him a thumbs up.

"Hold on! I need to go the ladies,"I said.

"Okay,"Hyunjoong replied.

I rushed to the ladies and came out in ten minutes. When i came back, only Chaeyoung was left.

"Where are the guys?"I asked.

"Erm, Hyunjoong dared Eunhyuk to go riding with him,"she replied.

"HYUNJOONG WHAT?!"I exclaimed.

*FLASHBACK*

"Okay,"Hyunjoong replied.

I rushed to the ladies.

"Eunhyuk, let's go riding first,"Hyunjoong said.

Eunhyuk hesitated. He hasn't rode a horse before.

"You scared? If you're scared, how are you going to impress Haemin? She likes guys who can ride,"Hyunjoong told him.

"She does?"Eunhyuk asked.

Hyunjoong nodded.

"Let's have a race then. If you win me, she'll be dead impressed,"Hyunjoong grinned.

Eunhyuk paused then nodded. Hyunjoong smiled and got his horse to gallop off. Eunhyuk followed suit.

*FLASHBACK ENDED*

"This spells trouble,"I hurriedly got up the horse.

"What's wrong?"Chaeyoung asked.

"You don't know Hyunjoong. When he's on a horse, he doesn't care about anything else. He rides his horse at lightning speed and he wants Eunhyuk to beat him?! Eunhyuk'll get into deep trouble,"I galloped off.

"HAEMIN!"Chaeyoung shouted as she chased after me.

I got my horse to pick up speed and was riding like a mad woman into the woods. Then, I saw Eunhyuk!

"LEE EUNHYUK! STOP RIDING!"I shouted.

Eunhyuk didn't stop. I picked up speed and managed to ride till I was well behind him.

"Eunhyuk, stop it!"I shouted.

"What?"he shouted back.

"Stop chasing Hyunjoong, you'll never get to him!"I shouted.

"I can't hear you,"he turned around to shout.

Then, horror came! He lost balance and he fell from the horse.

"EUNHYUK!"I stopped my horse immediately before it galloped on Eunhyuk.

I jumped down from the horse and examined Eunhyuk. He was knocked unconcious.

"What happened?"Chaeyoung galloped till she was near us before she rushed to us.

"Eunhyuk fell from his horse. He's unconcious,"I replied.

I pushed aside my fear and chased after Hyunjoong with my horse. I rode at lightning speed and after 5 minutes, I saw Hyunjoong.

"HYUNJOONG! STOP!"I shouted as loud as I can.

His horse stopped immediately and he turned around.

"Yeah?"he asked as I was near him.

"Eunhyuk fell,"I said breathlessly.

He sensed danger and galloped back. I followed behind closely. We reached where Eunhyuk was.

"He's unconcious. Gotta send him to the hospital,"Hyunjoong said.

He grabbed hold of Eunhyuk and lay him on the horse.

"I'm gonna ride him back to the stable to get help. Haemin, can you try to ride his horse back as well?"Hyunjoong asked.

"I'll try to. GO!"I pushed his horse.

He nodded his head and got his horse to gallop at lightning speed.

"Let's go,"Chaeyoung said.

I got up to my horse and held onto Eunhyuk's horse as I galloped. I reached the stable and I rushed to the main lobby. Eunhyuk was on the sofa while Hyunjoong made a call to the hospital. I rushed over to Eunhyuk and held his hand.

"Eunhyuk, you okay? Wake up!"I pushed him a little.

All my fear came tumbling back to me and tears stung my eyes. I let it flow.

"Don't worry, he'll be okay. Sorry for daring him. I didn't mean to hurt him,"Hyunjoong hugged me.

"It's not your fault. You didn't want him to fall either,"I hugged him back as I cried.

The ambulance came and got Eunhyuk unto the stretcher. I got into the ambulance.

"I'll drive Eunhyuk's car over,"Chaeyoung reassured me.

I nodded and the ambulance's door closed. The ambulance rushed to the hospital. I held onto Eunhyuk's hand.

"Please wake up. I love you!"I cried.

We reached the nearest hospital and I followed his stretcher till it reached the operation theatre.

"Miss, you can't come in. Please wait outside,"the nurse said.

I nodded and waited outside. It seemed like forever. Ten minutes gone, and he's not out.

"HAEMIN!"Hyunjoong shouted.

I've never felt so relieved when I saw Hyunjoong. I hugged him tightly and cried.

"What if he dies inside? What if he won't wake up?"I cried.

"Shhh. Nothing will happen to him,"he my hair.

We waited together for 30 minutes. The doctor came out.

"Doctor, is Eunhyuk okay? Is he gonna be alright?"I hurriedly asked.

"Don't worry. He's just in a coma. He'll be awake by today,"he smiled.

I sighed a sigh of relief. THANK GOD!

"Let's go see him, shall we?"Chaeyoung asked.

I nodded and the three of us headed to his ward. I opened the door and there he was, lying on his bed. He looked so weak. Unlike the Eunhyuk who used to bully me. My heart went out to him.

"Eunhyuk,"I held onto his hand again.

I lay on his hand as I cried.

"I'm not dead, you know,"he mumbled.

I sat up straight. Eunhyuk has his eyes opened and was now smiling at me.

"YOU IDIOT! YOU HAD ME WORRIED THERE!"I smacked him.

"Hey, I'm a patient, you know. I just woke up and found you crying,"Eunhyuk said.

"You okay? Sorry about the dare. I just wanted someone to go riding with me,"Hyunjoong apologised as he bowed.

"Nah, its okay! Its just a fall. I won't die,"Eunhyuk grinned.

"Are you sure you're okay? No injuries?"I asked.

"Uh huh,"Eunhyuk nodded.

"But I've got to say, for a beginner, your riding skills are really good. I'm really impressed. After all, you were only 40 metres away from Hyunjoong before you fell,"I smiled.

"You were impressed?"Eunhyuk's face lit up.

"Uh huh,"I nodded.

"So, you're willing to be my girlfriend?"Eunhyuk asked.

"What?"I looked at him.

"You said if I impressed you, you'll be my girlfriend,"Eunhyuk said.

"I...."I started blushing.

"I think we should go out,"Hyunjoong said to Chaeyoung.

The two of us went out, leaving Eunhyuk and I.

"Well?"Eunhyuk asked.

"I...erm,"I got really embarrassed.

"You're blushing, Kim Haemin,"Eunhyuk smiled cheekily.

"Its all because of you! If you didn't ask me such a stupid question, I wouldn't be blushing,"I smacked him.

He grabbed my hand and placed it where his heart is.

"I have you in here. Will you be my girlfriend?"he asked softly.

I stared into his pretty eyes. I looked away and nodded my head.

"YOU WILL?"he asked loudly.

I cleared my throat and nodded again without looking at him.

"OH YES! YOU'RE THE BEST!"he hugged me tightly.

"Careful!"I quickly pushed the tube that was squashed between us away.

He let go of me.

"Rest assured, I'll protect you and let no evil get to you,"he grinned.

I laughed.

"I'll love you with all my heart,"he hugged me.

"I love you too,"I hugged him back.

He kissed the top of my head.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel