Break Up & Together

When Tears Equals To Love

It was a Monday and I was to do something Eunhyuk asked me to. I sighed. Then, I spotted Sungmin, walking towards me. He smiled and walked a little faster.

"Hello,"he smiled.

"Hey. I need to talk to you this afternoon. Are you free?"I asked.

"Sure,"he grinned.

"Right. I'll go off then. See ya,"I walked off.

After I walked away, it hit me. Sungmin and I are in the same class. Why aren't I going to class with him? I walked into class.

"Are you free this afternoon?"Eunhyuk asked as I settled down.

"No,"I answered.

"Why not? Going out with Junsu?"he asked.

"No, I thought you asked me to do something,"I looked at him.

"Do what?"he asked.

I looked at him, hoping that my brain wave will zap him and tell him.

"OH! How about after that?"he asked.

"If you don't mind waiting, I'm free after that,"I told him.

"Okay. Meet me later,"he grinned.

I nodded. Why am I obeying his every order and command??

"Haemin! Someone's looking for you,"a girl in my class shouted.

I looked out. Eunhyuk was also looking out.

"Junsu,"Eunhyuk said.

I stood up and Eunhyuk pushed in his chair for me to go out. I walked out of the class and Junsu was smiling at me.

"Hey,"Junsu smiled.

"Hey,"I smiled back.

"So, you nervous about it?"he asked.

"It?"I asked.

"Yeah, didn't Eunhyuk ask you to do something,"he said.

"Oh, right. I'm really nervous,"I told him.

He sighed.

"I'm sorry that you've got to do this,"Junsu looked at me.

"Nah, we'll have to break in the end anyway. I'll end up with one of you,"I told him sadly.

"Are you unhappy about all this?"he asked.

"Very! I just want to be single and carefree,"I told him.

He gulped.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to cause all this trouble but...."I stopped him.

"Its okay. You don't have to apologise. You can't just control your emotions anyway. I totally understand. I gotta go. See ya around,"I smiled.

"Hold on! Are you free today?"he asked.

"Sadly, no. Eunhyuk asked me first,"I smiled sadly.

"Oh, right. Should've guessed. Well, I'll be going off then. Good luck,"Junsu pat me on the back before walking off.

I walked back into class.

"What did he want?"Eunhyuk asked.

"He asked whether I'm free today,"I answered.

"And what did you say?"he asked.

"I said no, of course. I promised you that I'll go out with you,"I looked at him as if he's mad.

"Good,"he smiled at himself.

The teacher came in and I couldn't pay attention at all. I was worried about the break up the whole day. The time came and Sungmin walked up to me.

"I'll wait outside,"Eunhyuk whispered.

I gulped and faced Sungmin. I kept quiet till everyone left.

"So, erm, what were you going to talk to me about?"Sungmin asked.

I hesitated. Do I really want to do this?

"I, er,...."I dragged on.

He looked at me.

"Its like this. I think we should break up,"I looked down.

There was silence and it was killing me.

"Well, I kinda expected that,"he said.

I looked up.

"I know you were with me not because you like me,"Sungmin told me.

"Sungmin..."he cut me off.

"Hold on. You see, I think you're dating me cause you're making Eunhyuk angry. I can see you care alot for Eunhyuk. And I'm happy for you,"Sungmin smiled.

"I...."I didn't know what to say.

"I'll hope you'll be happy with him. Wish me good luck,"he smiled.

"Huh?"I raised my eyebrows.

"I might have fallen in love with someone,"he had a twinkle in his eyes.

"Wow, thats......good,"I managed a smile.

"Maybe. But it was hard trying to forget you. I wanted to initiate the break up but I didn't have the courage to. I'm sorry,"Sungmin apologised.

"No no. I should be apologising. I've wasted your time and all,"I said.

"Well, our relationship was a mistake from the beginning and both of us knew it. We just didn't have the courage to say it out loud. Now that its over, we're happier,"Sungmin gave me a big smile.

"Are you sure?"I asked.

"Of course,"he laughed.

I kept quiet.

"Anyway, I gotta go. Rushing for tuition. Thanks for having the courage to do all this,"Sungmin said.

"No, its all my fault. I shouldn't have started all this,"I said.

"SIGH! When will you be done apologsing, huh? I'm going off,"Sungmin waved.

I waved and he walked out of class at lightning speed. I walked out slowly. Eunhyuk ran towards me.

"What happened?"he asked.

Tears started forming. I've never felt so overwhelmed with guilt before. And then, I started sobbing.

"Don't cry!"Eunhyuk hugged me.

"I feel really bad! I shouldn't have done all this to Sungmin,"I cried.

"Hush hush. Cry it all out. You'll feel better,"Eunhyuk said softly.

I continued crying. I couldn't stop. Sadness had filled my heart. I hugged him back and cried even harder. He pat my head and my hair. I released him and sobbed. I still held on to him and I looked at him.

"Sorry for wetting your uniform from all the crying,"I sobbed.

"That's not important. What matters to me is, are you feeling better?"he asked sincerely.

I looked into his eyes. He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. I closed my eyes and returned the pressure. Then, I realised that Eunhyuk was the one. I've been waiting for 17 years for my Prince Charming. And all this while, he's been in my class and I've ignored him till this year. I even argued with him out of stubborness and pride. He let go of me and looked into my eyes.

"I love you,"he whispered.

"I love you too,"I whispered back.

I could tell he was shocked. He didn't expect me to say that. Neither did I. He was the first guy I said I love you to. Eunhyuk smiled and hugged me. I hugged him back and rested my head on his shoulders. In his arms, I felt so safe. He could erase my guilt and all the negative emotions just by hugging me. Indeed, he was the one. He let me go.

"Wanna go home?"he asked.

I shook my head.

"Where do you wanna go?"he asked again.

"I don't know. Up to you. I just want to walk around,"I told him.

"I'll bring you to the beach then,"he smiled.

I smiled back. He held my hand and we walked to his car. He let me in the passenger side and he drove off to the beach. We arrvived after 15 minutes and I alighted. He came towards me, held my hand and led me to the rocks.

"Haemin, scream as loud as you want. It releases all the stress,"he told me as he looked out into the sea.

I hesitated.

"You don't believe me? I'll do a demo then,"he grinned.

He turned towards the sea and shouted really loudly. He stopped and grinned.

"I feel much better. Try it,"he pulled me towards him.

I looked at the sea and started screaming. I screamed till I was out of breath. I stopped and panted. It was amazing, I felt so empty inside. All my emotions seemed like it got carried off with the wind.

"Feel better?"he asked.

I looked at him and nodded. He smiled and gave me a quick hug.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel