Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

"Hey Yunho, where are Changmin and Marissa?" Yoochun yawned as he glared at his cup of coffee.

"Oh, they've gone out shopping today, I guess they'll be back after lunchtime." Yunho answered before leaving the kitchen into the cafe.

Yoochun sighed as he stared at the teaspoon which he had left in the cup. He concentrated on the teaspoon, which uprighted itself and began circling around the cup, stirring the contents. Yoochun was trying to keep himself awake, his eyes were heavy and he kept yawning. The spoon was still circling the cup as Yoochun drifted in and out of a light sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here I'll carry those for you." Changmin said to Marissa who was struggling with what seemed like hundreds of shopping bags.

"No no! It's okay I've got them." Marissa exclaimed as she tried shaking her arms about in protest.

"I insist." Changmin replied as he switched his own bags to one hand, swiftly taking a large amount of Marissa's bags in the other.

"Aw thank you." Marissa smiled.

"It's no problem. C'mon, lets head back. The others are probably wondering where we are." Changmin stated.

Marissa just nodded as she smiled at Changmin and skipped down the street. He just shook his head and giggled as he followed her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A 10 minute walk later, Changmin and Marissa had returned home and were now sat in the back garden; drinking tea, eating ice cream and playing snap together.

"Awwww Min, you lost again!" Marissa giggled as gathered up another stack of cards she had just slammed her hand down on.

"How can I win? You're so quick!" Changmin wailed before taking a bite out of his ice cream cone.

Marissa chuckled before she spoke again. "Hey it's nearly 2 o'clock, aren't you supposed to be working?"

"Oh damn I forgot!" Changmin exclaimed as he polished off the rest of his ice cream. "You enjoy the rest of your afternoon, you got anything planned?"

"Umm, not really. I might have an afternoon nap." Marissa mumbled. She was a bit dopey today from lack of sleep.

"Heh, okay then. I gotta go, Junsu will be wanting to go on his break, I'll see you later yeah?"

"Sure thing!" Marissa smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Yoochun, what you up to?" Marrisa said as she strolled into the living room.

"Oh, nothing much really, just looking for something good to watch on tv." Yoochun replied as he randomly pressed buttons on the tv remote.

Marissa re-arranged the cushions on the sofa Yoochun was sitting on before she crawled on and made herself comfy beside him.

"So did you have fun shopping?" Yoochun asked.

Marissa nodded. "I bought loads more stuff, clothes mainly." She screwed up her face slightly."But I think I'm getting a bit of a headache and I'm a bit tired too."

"I can get you some painkillersif you want?" Yoochun began to rise from his seat.

"No no it's okay." Marissa shook her hands at him. "I'll just relax and have a cat-nap or something, I think the tiredness is making my head hurt."

"I'm sorry, I really shouldn't keep you up at night talking and everything." Yoochun appologised.

"It's not your fault Yoochun, I quite like the company! Besides, I think I prefer the night to the day it's just so much more... peaceful."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoochun was thinking to himself as Marissa was napping on the sofa next to him, curled up into a ball like a cat. He nearly jumped out of his skin though when Marissa lolled her head into his lap and her small right hand clung onto the fabric of his jeans near his knee, almost like she was clinging onto a cuddly toy or a blanket.

Yoochun didn't feel much heat emitting from Marissa.

"So her power must automatically receed when she's asleep, clever." Yoochun thought to himself as he grasped a lock of Marissa's soft hair and twirled it round his fingers.

Marissa's power manifested in a dry heat that emitted from her body. Anyone with any kind of power would be able to sense it, much like them to others but regular humans wouldn't be able to sense it at all. Aparrently, Yoochun's was similar to having the sensation of pins and needles when you went close to him and weren't used to his power.

But, for Marissa on the other hand; she was totally oblivious to everything. Her own power and the energies of the 5 men she was living with. The 5 had discussed whether or not they should tell her but they decided against it in favour of letter her own memories return on their own. It wasn't easy for them to keep their own powers in check when Marissa was around. She had a habit of being eerily quiet and popping up out of nowhere; usually when someone was levitating something or they were using magic to do something benign like tidying up or boiling the kettle without touching it.

But Yoochun could tell that right now, Marissa was falling into an even deeper sleep as her temprature had dropped even lower. Some witches like Marissa automatically reduce their powers whenever they sleep as to keep safe from those who may prey on them. Most other witches or warlocks though generally don't have this talent so they have to prepare themselves before they sleep. Nobody but Marissa in this house could do that. During the day their powers were relatively weak compared to night-time which made sleeping at night a problem. Anyone could easily locate a witch or a warlock when their power was peaking, so reducing it to a safe background level before going to sleep at night was amust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoochun carried on playing with her hair as he began to feel himself become heavy-eyed. He was gradually getting used to Marissa's normal, power fuelled temprature of scorching hot, but he was so relaxed right now as he was quite cold from Marissa's sleeping temprature. It was almost like having a big block of ice on his lap. Yoochun liked the cold and never liked being too warm. He liked it even more when Marissa fell asleep next to him or if he fell asleep in her bed next to her, after their now almost nightly cup of tea and a chat at 2 o'clock in the morning. Even if Yoochun was perched on the side of Marissa's bed, she would always eventually wriggle into his arms.