Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

"Is that the street up there?" Marissa wondered to herself as she stepped out into the alleyway she was crawling up the night before. Something told her not to look down that alleyway out to the harbour. So she did her best not to. Instead, she shut the door behind herself and walked in the direction of the street.

Today was glorious. The sun was out blaring down immense heat but there was a slight cool breeze making the heat a touch more tolerable. The cool breeze swept around Marissas legs bringing her some relief from the burning, stinging sensation on her skin from all the cuts and bruises. She was now on her way to pay Maggie a visit and thank her for the clothes.

"Marissa! Good morning!"

The girl turned round to see two men stood outside of the shop she had just had breakfast in. Both the men were tall, one a lot taller than the other. The tallest of the two was stood waving at her.

Marissa turned and smiled at them and walked over.

"Hi, my name's Changmin."

"And my name is Yunho."

Both held out their hands and Marissa shook them.

"How are you feeling today?" Yunho asked the girl.

"Um..." A look of confusion appeared on her face again. "Better? I think?"

The two men just smiled as Marissa stood in deep thought. She had truly forgotten everything, hence asnswering questions about herself with questions of her own. She eventually come out of her daze.

"I'm going to see Maggie today!" Marissa exclaimed with a big smile on her face. She didn't know who this woman was but she obviously must have helped her last night. So she was greatful, even without knowing her or meeting her.

Yunho and Changmin pointed in the direction of Maggie's shop before they were rushed back inside by Jaejoong who had come storming out of the shop. He dragged them both back in to help him with the sudden rush of customers. If they were coming to see Yoochun skulking about with barely anything on; they'd missed it by 20 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He... hello?" Marissa said as she peeked her head round the door of Magnolia. As she opened the door further, a bell rand that was hung above the door. Marissa nearly jumped out of her skin when that happened.

She nearly jumped out of her skin again when Maggie appeared out of the back store room.

"Aw I see you're feeling much better Marissa." Maggie said to the girl with a warm smile.

"I... I wanted to come and thank you. F... for helping me last night and, for the clothes."

"Oh it was no problem my dear." Maggie said as she walked over to the door and shut it. She switched the open/closed sign round to closed and laid her hand on Marissa's shoulder.

"Come, lets go out to the garden and I'll make us a cup of tea."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It was those boys that saved you dear. They said you had collapsed against their back door in a right state. They rang me up because they didn't really know what to do." Maggie said as she sipped her tea.

The two women were now sat in a small terraced garden which overlooked the harbour. Marrisa sipped at her tea. The hot liquid was sweet and quite refreshing.

"Do you know them well?" Marissa asked Maggie as she continued to sip her tea.

"I've known them since they come here just over a year ago. They came over from South Korea and set up shop. I helped them get on their feet."

Marissa nodded in reply as she constantly sipped her tea. She had nearly finished the cup.

"Here let me give you a top up." Maggie said as she poured more tea into Marissa's cup. She put an extra sugar in and some milk in for her, stirring it lightly before handing the cup back to her. Marissa smiled and sipped at the tea again.

Maggie nearly dropped the porcelain teapot she was holding as she re-filled her own cup.

"That boy, I swear he going to get pneumonia one of these days. Or arrested."

Marrisa turned round to face the direction Maggie was looking in. Stood, in a terraced garden similar to the one the two women were sat in roughly two houses over; was Yoochun. Stretching away with a cigarette hanging from his mouth still only in his boxer shorts.

"YOOCHUN!" Maggie screeched. "Put some clothes on you strange boy!"

Yoochun nearly fell over mid-stretch. He looked over to see Maggie and Marissa sat at a small garden table. Maggie had a stern look on her face whilst Marissa was goofily smiling and waving at him. Probably because she actually knew who he was and not for any other reason. He quickly ran back inside. Maggie shook her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you ever so much, again." Marrisa said to Maggie.

"It's no problem at all." Maggie smiled.

"Oh! Can I pay you for these clothes?!"

"Heaven's no child! Think of them as a gift from me to you."

"Are, are you sure? I mean I, I want to pay for them!" Marissa said with a sad look on her face. She looked down at the clothing Maggie had given her. A pretty black and blue floral print skirt that came to just above her knees made of light flowing material, and a thin v-necked 3/4 length sleeved black top. She also had a small pair of flat leather shoes on.

"I'll tell you what. Why don't we go shopping for half an hour or so? I can take you to some nice shops and you can buy yourself some more things." Maggie suggested.

"Would you?" Marissa shreiked. "Oh thank you thank you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She's with Maggie. I saw them out back about 40 minutes ago." Yoochun said to his friends who had just shut up shop for 15 minutes to have a break.

Yoochun had put a pair of socks on since then. It took him on average about 4 hours to get dressed in a day; adding an extra item of clothing every so often. But he always wandered into the cafe half-asleep every morning without fail; around half past 10 to get himself cake and a cup of coffee. And this is regardless of any customers who may have been in at the time. Yoochun had somehow managed to earn himself a following. Groups of women, young and slightly older would flood in just after 10am and set themselves up with their favourite cake and beverage and wait half an hour for Yoochun to come staggering in, just so they could oggle him for the 2 minutes it took him to choose cake, pour coffee and shuffle back through. Nobody could really complain though, they made an absolute fortune during this mad half-hour.

The 5 friends were huddled around the kitchen table, grabbing a drink and a bite to eat before they went back to work. Junsu had returned not long before with some food shopping he had gone out for earlier, he was slightly annoyed as he wasn't around when Marissa had woken up and he still hadn't met her properly yet.

"You can meet her now Junsu, she's at the door." Jaejoong said matter of factly as he bit a chunk off a chocolate bar

Sure enough, there was a knock on the door on the side of the kitchen. Yoochun leaned back in his chair and twisted the door handle, letting the door swing open. Marissa stood in the doorway with her arms full of shopping bags and a massive grin on her face.

"Here let me take those for you." Junsu squealed as she lept up out of his seat. "I'm Junsu by the way." He smiled.

Marissa smiled back at him. "Hello Junsu!"

Junsu could have melted then and there from those big green eyes that were looking back at him.

"So did you buy anything nice Marissa?" Changmin asked the beaming girl.

"I bought loooooads of things!" Marissa squealed. "Mainly clothes and shoes and stuff because I don't really have any." She continued as she rested a finger on her chin. The 5 friends smiled so much from the cuteness overload. The looks on their faces soon changed as they noticed Marissa's smile had dissapeared and turned into a frown. She looked down at her feet with her hands clapsed together in front of her. She stood and scuffed one of her shoes against the other as she looked down.

"I... I." Marissa stammered. She had a lump in .

Yoochun who was sat in the seat closest to Marissa reached his hand across to her and wrapped it around her clasped hands. Liquid began dripping down the back of his hand. Marissa was crying heavily. She lifted her head up and tried talking again inbetween tears.

"Y... you've done so much for me! A complete stranger!" She sobbed. "I don't know how... I don't how to repay you for your... k... kindness!"

Yoochun rose out of his seat and embraced the crying girl. She buried her face into his bare chest, his skin soon wet from the floods of tears. He wrapped his arms around her tightly as she sobbed heavily.

Yoochun looked back at his friends. All concerned. All sad. Pity wasn't a strong enough word. This girl was truly alone right now.