Chapter 42

Strange and Beautiful

"Yoochun? Yoochun is that you?"

Marissa grogilly focused on a figure slightly hidden by the door in to her room. The door swung open a bit more and in walked Yoochun with a tray in his hands, a teapot, cup and sugar bowl balanced on it.

"Ah you're awake." Yoochun said as he glided over to Marissa's bed and laid the tray down on the bedside table. He was slightly cautious, he wasn't sure if it was Scary Marissa or Bubbly Marissa..

"Agh I feel like hell." Marissa said as she uprighted herself. "What happened?"

She didn't remember what had happened the night before. Yoochun let out a slight sigh of relief.

"You out last night." He lied slightly. "You've been out for quite a while." Yoochun began pouring Marissa a cup of tea as she sat in bed, rubbing her head slightly. He handed her the cup which she took a big mouthful of tea from.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yoochun left Marissa in her room as she had begun to doze off again. They had chatted for a bit, Marissa complaining about her blacking out episodes and how thirsty she was. She had drank the whole pot of tea to herself before she went back to sleep. Yoochun eventually made his way back downstairs to find the others. He found Jaejoong in the kitchen making more cakes for the cafe.

"She awake?" Jaejoong asked his friend.

"She's just gone back to sleep actually." Yoochun chuckled.

"And it's definitely her in there, the one we know?"

"Yes." Yoochun nodded. "She doesn't remember what happened."

Jaejoong sighed. "I don't know if that's a good thing or not."

"Me either." Yoochun replied. "Hey you want a coffee?"

"Yeah I'l have one, thanks."

Yoochun made his way through in to the cafe to get coffee. The entire place errupted again with screaming women calling out his name, followed by the distinct sound of Junsu laughing. Yoochun walked back through to the kitchen, two coffee cups in hand and laid one down for his friend.

"So, we're keeping what happened last night on the down low?" Yoochun asked Jaejoong as he sipped his coffee.

Jaejoong nodded, he took a sip of his own coffee before he got back to weighing out his cake ingredients. "I think that would be best. I don't know if after everything with the state she's in, she'd be able to handle the truth. I mean we don't really know what's happening with her at all."

Yoochun sighed. "I guess I agree with you on that one." He rubbed his face in frustration.

"You're worried about her, aren't you?"

Yoochun looked at Jaejoong after he said that. "Yes, yes I am. What if..." Yoochun cut himself short.

"Come on man, you can tell me." Jaejoong reassured.

Yoochun just sighed again." What if... What if the Marisaa we know isn't part of the Real Marissa? I mean what if her memory of being a council member and witch was the only thing that was taken away and just left her as a person with a blank slate and a voice? Or what if it was her vulnerable side that was left in her? Do you get what I'm saying?"

"I think I do." Jaejoong answered. "But we don't know enough about the Real Marissa to figure that out."

Yoochun nodded. His friend was right.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hey again folks! Just a quick message. Thank to those who have been subscribing to my stories! Remember, I have a few, so please go check 'em out and leave me your comments and feedback. I look forward to hearing from you!

-RubyTuesday