Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

The atmosphere between them was immense.

Yoochun under Jaejoong's orders had taken Marissa out to dinner. Time had passed incredibly quickly even though that time was spent in an awkward silence. Yoochun was trying his hardest to keep his composure whilst Marissa seemed to become more accident prone, dropping cutlery and bumping into things.

Many times both had tried to initiate some kind of conversation, but for some reason; the words would just not come out. Marissa though had managed to make some strange kind of squeaks and noises, but really all she was doing was coming out with some bumbling nonsense. To many people who may have been watching them closely; it may have seemed like they were a couple who had just had a massive argument and were refusing to speak to each other.

Even the walk home was difficult, there were barely any people walking the streets so the quietness continued. It was obvious Yoochun wanted his arm draped over Marissa's shoulder. It was even more obvious that Marissa wanted to cling onto Yoochun's arms like she usually does. There was some physical distance between them as they walked, but they never strayed too far from each other.

It was only till Marissa's clumsyness brought them back together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoochun just happened to turn round seconds before Marissa walked straight into a lampost. She wasn't quite looking where she was going, more staring up at the sky with her mind somewhere else.

The audible "PRANG!" noise as Marissa walked headfirst into the offending lampost echoed around the small cobbled street. Marissa's arms and a leg flew past the lampost as it was stopped the rest of her advancing forward. Yoochun ran over to Marissa as she clumsily wrapped herself around the tall spire of grey painted metal and awkwardly slid down it, ending upon the ground in a crumpled heap.

"Oh god Marissa are you okay?!" Yoochun exclaimed as he threw himself on the ground next to her.

Marissa had her head forward, her long hair covering most of her face. She raised her head back up to reveal a large red dent on her forehead and a nose gushing with blood.

"Ow..." She mumbled as she wiped her sore nose with the palm of her hand, totally covering it in the crimson liquid pouring out of her nose. She had now smeared it all across most of her face.

"Here take this." Yoochun said as he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a light blue cotton handkercheif. He gently rested it underneath Marissa's bloody nose. She raised a hand up and held it in place as Yoochun took her other arm and lifted her up off the ground.

"Keep your head tilted back, it'll ease the blood flow." Yoochun said as he wrapped his arm around Marissa's waist and her's around his to guide her. She tried nodding yes in reply but ended up screwing her face up as it was too sore for her to even do that. She muttered a series of "Ow's" and "uh's" instead.

Yoochun eventally looked at his right hand. He could feel something cold and damp on his fingertips. Drops of Marissa's blood clung to his skin. He looked to his side to see Marissa shuffling alongside him with her eyes screwed up in pain.

Noticing she wasn't looking, Yoochun quickly the blood off his fingers.