Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

As they all looked down at the girl who was now lying on the kitchen floor, the 4 young men couldn't help but blush.

"What's going on?" Said a half asleep Junsu, rubbing his eyes. They soon opened wide as he looked down at the comatose girl on the floor.

"Who is she?" Junsu squealed. "Where did she come from?"

"We don't know." Yoochun spoke up. "She was at our back door passed out."

Junsu's face was now flushed as he carried on looking at the girl. Her face was bruised and full of cuts as well as the rest of her body. The red, bloody cuts and grazes that spanned her legs and arms were clearly visible against her incredibly pale skin. A large, deep cut which was on her chest running from just above the girls solar plexus, over the mound of flesh that was her right all the way up to her collarbone. The cut was easily noticable through her pale blue, blood stained summer dress which was now transparent from all the water she was drenched with, revealing more cuts and bruises underneath and her light-beige underwear.

Water had began to drip off the girl and pool underneath her. Her long dark chocolate brown hair clung to her pale face.

The 5 men just stood looking at the girl. Notknowing what to do exactly.

"Wait what's this?" Yoochun questioned as he noticed something at the side of the girl. "Hey it's a bag."

Yoochun reached down and pulled the small bag out from underneath the girl. "She might have some identification on her." Yoochun continued as he opened the small black corded purse. He fished about in the small bag pulling out it's damp contents and laying them on the kitchen table.

Another small purse was inside and a tube of coloured lipstick. That was it. Yoochun proceeded to open the small purse he found inside the bag.

"She's got £30 in cash here, a few coins. Err... oh a debit card and a Blockbuster Video membership card."

"Her name on any of those?" Changmin asked.

Yoochun pushed his glasses up as he read the name on both cards.

"Marissa Blackstock."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So should we call the police or something?" Junsu asked. "What do we do?" He asked again as he looked at his friends.

Yunho who was still stood wearing nothing but a towel was the first to speak up. "I don't think we should get the police involved. I don't know about the rest of you but I really don't want to deal with them right now. Maybe we should let her wake up first so she can tell us what she's doing her. She has some power emitting from her."

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"But what do we do in the meantime? Changmin asked. "We can't just leave her like this the poor girl will get pneumonia."

"I know, we'll call Auntie Maggie. She'll know what to do." Yunho said as he left the room. Everyone nodded again.

"I'll go get some clean towels." Changmin said as he left along with Yoochun.

"I'll go find her some dry clothes too." Said Junsu as he his heels to leave.

"And I suppose I'd better put some clothes on, especially if Maggie's coming round. Jae can you keep an eye on her or bring her upstairs or something?" Yunho looked at his friend Jaejoong.

"Sure thing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aish girl! You got some energy coming off you." Jaejoong said to the comatose Marissa Blackstock who was lying in front of him.

Jaejoong hovered his hands over the girls stomach, the energy that was emitting from her was like a dry heat, similar to when you hold your hand over a ceramic stove it just gets hotter the closer you get.

"Come on, lets get you up to the spare room."

Jaejoong lifted the girl up with ease and carried her up to the 4th floor of the house. Junsu and Changmin had joined him in the spare room, both carrying armfulls of clean towels and dry clothes.

Footsteps could be heard advancing up the stairs. Yoochun walked into the spare room along with a short, grey haired woman roughly in her mid-fifties.

Margaret Sanders or 'Auntie Maggie" as she is known to the Whitby locals. The owner of a small clothing shop two doors down from the 5 friends. In her spare time, she acts as a Clairvoyant and Tarot Card reader and is wholly aware of the boys situation.

"My my what do we have here?" Maggie said as she removed her large brimmed black hat then shrugged off her overcoat. Yoochun took them off her and hung them up on a hook behind the spare room door. She eyed the girl Jaejoong had cradled in his arms.

"We have no idea. Her name however is Marissa Blackstock, we know that much." Yunho said as he entered the room.

"You have to wonder though why a powerful witch like her is here of all places." Maggie spoke up as she reached for one of Marissa's hands. She closed her eyes to concentrate.

The 5 men kept quiet as Maggie concentrated.

"Oh dear." She finally spoke up.

"Anything?" Jaejoong. "I couldn't read much off her."

"Ah you're younger than me boy, your clairvoyancy powers aren't as developed as mine. You just need to practise more. Besides, this girl has some pretty heavy duty magic surrounding her." Maggie said as she pointed to Marissa.

"Heavy duty magic?" Junsu questioned as he looked round the group.

"Yes, not her own though. Somebody did it to her. I keep hearing this girl asking herself 'Who am I? Who am I?' I think she has amnesia." Maggie answered as she grasped Marissa's hand again.

"The poor thing, she actually fell into the harbour before she landed on your doorstep. Heaven knows how she managed to make it back onto land she could've easily been swept out to sea. This girl has drive, I can tell you that much."

Everybody kept quiet as they looked at the girl. Then Maggie spoke up again.

"Yunho be a darling and go run a warm bath for this poor soul. You can help me change and bathe her."

"Sure thing." Yunho answered as he left the room. The rest of the guys were looking at Maggie with dissapointed faces.

"And don't any of you complain you filthy boys." Maggie said as she sternly looked them all in the eyes. "Especially you two little erts." She continued as she pointed at Changmin and Yoochun.

"What did we do?!" The two men exclaimed.

"It's not what you did but what you were thinking. Sure Jaejoong and Junsu here were thinking leud thoughts but you two are just plain weird. Yunho is best suited to this task he was genuinely thinking about helping the girl, not about if this girls skin was the same colour under her underwear."

Changmin and Yoochun both looked at their feet in embarassment.

"Now, Jaejoong. Bring her through, Yunho and I will get her sorted."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She'll feel much better when she wakes up." Maggie said as she drew the bed clothes back over Marissa.

Maggie and Yunho had spent the past forty minutes bathing Marissa, washing her seawater and sand filled hair and tending to her wounds. After changing her into some clean clothes; an oversized checked cotton shirt and oversized pj pants courtesy of Junsu, they put her in the double bed in the spare room.

"I'll go downstairs and make some tea for you Maggie." Yunho said as he turned to leave.

"Thank you Yunho." Maggie smiled at him. Then he left.

Maggie pulled up a chair to the vanity table in the corner of the room. She rustled about in her handbag and pulled out a small notebook and a fountain pen and began to write a note.

"Dear Marissa,

I am Margaret Sanders, I do not know if you are from the local area but if you are you may have heard of me.

Please do not be alarmed when you wake. The 5 men in this house mean you no harm. Infact they rescued you in a manner of speaking last night. They can explain the situation to you in further detail.

If you wish to talk to me, my shop is just two doors along the street from where you are now. It's called Magnolia. Come visit me anytime you wish.

But if you are awake early in the morning, you might see me then. I'll pop round with a change of clothes for you.

Yours,
Maggie."

Maggie then tore the sheet of paper out of the notebook and neatly folded it, placing the paper in Marissa's right hand.