Chapter 40

Strange and Beautiful

"UGH GET OFF HIM!" Yunho screamed as he tried to pull the Vampire off Yoochun. "WHY ISN'T OUR MAGIG WORKING?!" He screamed again in sheer frustration as he glanced over at Jaejoong and Junsu who were focusing all their magic and random chanting at the Vampire, who was straddling Yoochun on the ground looking like he was about to rip his head and limbs off. Yoochun's eyes were slowly rolling in to the back of his head as the Vampire tightened his vice like grip around his throat with one hand and clawed away at him with the other. Any more brute force on Yoochun like this and it would take him the best part of forever to re-form and heal. If Yoochun ended up unconcious and not breathing, any lengthy amount of time without oxygen would effect his brain. Witches may be immortal but they can be incapicated in some similar ways that effect humans very quickly. It just takes a lot longer than witches. Jaejoong and Junsu concentrated even more on trying to reduce the Vampires strength and bind him whilst Yunho put every ounce of strangth in to trying to get the Vampire off Yoochun.

Then the heat came.

 

The heat was immense. It felt like diving head first into the middle of an active errupting volcano.

"What the?" Yunho mumbled as he saw a bare-footed Marissa slowly glide across the grass of the Old Abbey toward him and the rampaging Vampire. The colour of her eyes and skin was shocking. Her eyes seemed to be even more vivid than ever before, her already pale skin was even paler and the blue lines on her skin even more prominent than usual. Yunho gradually loosed his grip on the Vampire as Marissa skulked toward them.

Then the Vampire started screaming as if her were in pain. Marissa now only a few yards away, tilted her head slightly as she stared intently at the Vampire. He had let go of Yoochun entirely and was now upright, clutching his head and screaming in agony. The Vampire was now slowly levitating off the ground, his arms were being forced away from his head and out by his sides as if he was laid on an invisible crucifix a few metres off the ground.

Marissa looked down at her lover, a bloody mess covered in deep gouges and dark large bruises. He was coughing up blood as he eventually managed to get some air back in to his lungs after the Vampire had let go. Yoochun looked up at Marissa with his blurry vision. She gently smiled at him as she turned to Yunho and nodded. Yunho quickly dove down beside Yoochun to pick him up and get him out of the way. God knows what Marissa was going to do to the Vampire.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"You've killed seven people since you arrived in town last night, am I correct?" Marissa asked the Vampire with her still gentle smile. The Vampire just laughed at her.

"You dumped them all in to the ocean."

The Vampire just laughed again. Until Marissa's face changed. He soon stopped laughing and his face showed pure fear. Marissa was reading his mind, he couldn't try and cloud her with any of his parlour tricks. He'd obviously never been face-to-face with an S-Class before.

"Now I know you are quite old, I'm thinking maybe just over fifteen hundred years old. That's why you were able to fend off most of their magic." Marissa continued. "But as you should know, it is a serious offence when a Vampire or any other Supernatural creature knowingly kills a human being then hides their remains. We've worked for a very long time to keep all Supernatural creatures hidden from the human race and even to integrate in to their world with no problems. We can't have a creature like you jeopardising billions of years of work."

The Vampire just hung his head before he spoke for the first time.

"So?"

Marissa just turned to face him. "So that means, you will be executed for breaking one of our most simple of laws."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Ahhhh what's... going on guys?!" Changmin huffed as he had just ran all the way up to the Old Abbey where it was all happening. A dark storm was just over the horizon rolling in ever so slowly. He stopped just as he reached his friends and the injured, barely concious Yoochun who were all watching Marissa deal with the Vampire.

Jaejoong whispered to his friends. "Did she just say, billions of years?"

"I think she did." Junsu replied. "Wait does that mean?"

Yunho nodded. "I think it means she's a lot older than what we originally thought."

The boys turned around to continue watching Marissa.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"So, I would like to ask you one question before I do anything." Marissa said to the Vampire. "Why did you do it?"

The Vampire slowly raised his head to look at her.

"I just felt like it."

As soon as the Vampire finished his sentence, he exploded.

Right where the Vampire was in mid-air, his body just exploded; turning from a solid form in to a liquid. As soon as that happened, all the droplets of Vampire fissled away like water evaporating in a hot pan.

Marissa slowly turned round and slowly walked in the direction of the boys with what could be a smile on her face. It was very gentle, not exactly a smile but the corners of her lips were turned up just ever so slightly. As she come closer and closer to the boys who were just stood watching in awe, Marissa's pacing began to fail. She began to wobble on her legs as she staggered across the grass; reaching out for the injured Yoochun as she eventually collapsed to her knees and fell face first in front of the boys.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE:

Thanks a lot for the comments and for the new subscribers! You guys are great!! ^_^

-RubyTuesday