Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

"The Council are the main governing body of the magical and supernatural world. Ruling over fellow witches and warlocks, but other supernatural beings such as Vampires, Werewolves et cetera. With the human race developing at a phenomenal rate, the Council have clamped down on most, if not all supernatural activities which were usually carried out in full view of the general public.

This is quite possibly the main reason why many folktales, lore and stories died out over the years as when records started everything was written about and taken seriously even though at the time of writing, it was true and all believed. Now the lore and stories have been passed on as figments of wild imaginations and tales to tell young children. Now all that exists are superstitions. If only they knew..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yunho was scanning his way through the book again. He had to admit, but the man who wrote it was pretty much spot on with his research. Yunho even believed some of the stuff the man had wrote about that he himself didn't know about his own kind. He flicked open another random page in the book and began reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"October 31st 1817

My second and thrid S-Class witches. As beautiful as the first. Of course, tonight they would all be out as it is the evening known as "Halloween" or "Samhain." Samhain has several ties with other religions and practices, noteably Paganism and Wicca, but nowadays it's seems the whole world over celebrates it as Halloween; where they spend the evening in costume or formal attire at balls with their friends and family.

My second and thrid S-Class witches were both at a Halloween ball I was attending. It was sheer coincidence that I had noticed them, but I just knew what they were by looking at them. Elegant dresses and neat, soft curls with pale skin and doe-like eyes made them stand out from the other ladies here. I watched them throughout the evening, standing over in a corner looking slightly melancholy; refusing to dance with any of the gentlemen that approached them. I could understand their mood, this was their festival which they celebrated seriously whilst the rest of the unknowing mortals thought of it as an excuse to have a good time.

Although in saying that, I did wonder why they were there.

I had stopped breathing at one point when they both noticed I was watching them. They stared at me from the other side of the ballroom, with those eyes that could stop a man dead in their tracks. One of the witches had shocking amber coloured eyes, similar to the colour of the eyes of a wolf. The kind of amber that glistens in any light. The other one had her eyes fixed on me at all times with a very intense stare. It felt like those eyes were piercing my very soul! I have seen green eyes before, but never have I seen green eyes the same colour as pure Verte Absinthe. They were almost glowing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It has to be her." Yunho mumbled to himself. He shook his head slightly and ran his right hand through his hair in frustration.

"Should I tell them now?" He thought to himself. He shook his head and answered himself "No."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Anytime now." Jaejoong thought to himself as he looked at his watch.

He and Marissa were stood behind the cafe counter both wearing ear-muffs, staring out at dozens of Yoochun Fangirls who were all waiting for his Highness to show himself.

"I hope the ear-muffs work." Jaejoong thought to himself again. "I hope they drown out the noise."

He looked down at Marissa who was staring into space. He called her names a few times and decided the muffs must be working as she never answered him, she didn't even look up at him.

Jaejoong knew Yoochun was on his way down the stairs as he could feel tingling over his skin. Plus the fangirls were now leaning overtheir tables to get the first view of Yoochun as soon as he walked in through the door.

The screaming started. Then abruptly died. The fanatic faces of the fanigirls soon turned down as Yoochun walked out, fully clothed. He wandered over to Jaejoong and Marissa and grabbed hold of Marissa's hand, bringing her back from space.

Jaejoong took off his ear-muffs when Yoochun started talking.

"Can I borrow Marissa for a while Jae?" Yoochun asked.

"Borrow?"

"Yeah, borrow."

Yoochun pulled at Marissa's arm and led her toward the door, she had no choice but to follow.

Jaejoong pondered for a moment. "Borrow her for?"

"Bye Jae!" Yoochun said as he walked out of the door. Marissa smiled goofilly and waved as she was yanked out through the door.

"Where is he taking her?" Jaejoong mumbled to himself.