Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

*Two Weeks later...*

"So Junsu went out shopping?" Marissa questioned Jaejoong as she lent against the counter.

Both were stood behind the cafe counter not doing much. The "Morning Yoochunnie Rush" had been and gone a while ago and there wasn't much todo after that. It was raining outside and there weren't many people out on the street. It would be a quiet afternoon.

"Marissa, you're looking tired. Do you want to go for a nap?" Jaejoong asked.

Marissa was looking down at the ground when he asked. It took a few seconds for his question the compute.

"Eh?" She said surprised. "No... no I'm... fine. I just didn't get much sleep last night, I was too warm."

"Go on. Go for a nap you might feel better. I insist." Jaejoong said.

"Oh... okay then." Marissa nodded. She left the cafe and went through into the main house. She eventually made herself comfortable on her favourite chair in the living room and curled up on it. She was asleep almost instantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Earlier That Week...*

"She's a council member."

"Was, a council member. A pretty old one at that."

Yunho was sat next to Yoochun in his room, telling him everything he had found out about Marissa. He showed him parts of the old journal along with pictures he had found as proof as to who she was.

Yoochun concentrated on the picture of the painting Yunho had found. Those same piercing eyes that Yoochun saw every day, were staring back at him on a painting from around 600 plus years ago. Except in real life, those eyes currently belonged on a happy, ever smiling face. In the picture, Marissa's face was stern, almost non chalant as if she was entirely bored to tears. Yoochun wondered if that face matched her real personality.

Yoochun also read some parts of the journal that Yunho had found interesting. Especially the bit about the painting and one council member called "Mariella." The one in the picture with the pink-ish coloured eyes. Yunho pointed out another short paragraph he found in the journal, for Yoochun to read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"August 5th 1789

I found what must be another personal journal entry from a court member. This one isn't signed or dated either.

'The entire court has been up in arms during the past few weeks. Mariella decided she'd like to go a bit mad so she had been confined to the east wing. Somehow, she had managed to escape.

Nobody knows what went wrong with her. Mariella is the most recent and youngest addition to the council, she's only had her seat for about 400 years now and she was barely 700 years old when she left. Nobody has ever known an S-Class to go insane in such a short amount of time before. Amelia and Marissa really had to pull everyone together after Mariella disapeared."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm back guys! I got everything we need!" Junsu squealed as he walked through the back door into the kitchen, carrying a large brown paper bag in his arms. He set it down on the kitchen table and took a seat. Jaejoong and Changmin who were taking a break at the time, joined Junsu at the table.

"You remembered everything this time I hope." Changmin stated. "Last time you forgot the sandalwood powder."

"Yeah well I remembered everything this time." Junsu retorted. "And I bought extra basil too because we used it up pretty quickly last time we made these."

Jaejoong stuck his head inside the bag and had a look at it's contents. "I think we'll be able to make quite a few more with the extra stuff you got."

"So we're making them tonight yeah?" Changmin asked.

Jaejoong nodded at his friend. "Tonight is the first night of the moons Waxing phase, I don't see why we can't make them a night or two earlier. I don't think it makes much difference to be honest."

Junsu rose from the table. "Well I guess I'd better go get some wood fot the fire pit then right?"

"And get more of that this time too! Don't be so cheap and get the crap stuff, it doesn't burn as long." Changmin said as he stared at Junsu who just stuck his tongue out, then swiftly left through the back door.

Jaejoong sighed. "So Marissa's gonna be involved this evening too and Maggie. I haven't told Marissa though."

Changmin raised his eyebrows. "You haven't told her?"

Jaejoong just shook his head. "I mean we can't exactly tell her we're real life mages in her state now can we? I can just say to her that it's a tradition we do on Halloween, I think she'd understand that."

"I see what you mean." Changmin replied. "Besides I guess it could possibly jog her memory a bit. Not only that but she's an S-Class. If she makes up a few of the bags herself; could you imagine the power in them? One bag could probably cover the entire street!"