Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

It was raining.

Although 'raining' was an understatement. It was a full on storm. Thunder, lightening and torrential downpour. The streets were empty, not a soul in sight. Nobody in their right mind would be out in this weather. Waves were crashing up the side of the harbour, rocking the docked boats about like balls in a bingo machine. Nothing could be seen; mist was pouring in from the ocean enveloping everything with it's dense looking mass.

Bram Stoker must have experienced this kind of storm when he wrote that famous scene in Dracula; when Dracula's boat the Demeter crashed into the shores of Whitby during a violent tempest, the entire crew dead or missing. The only life on the boat being a Wolf which lept onto the mainland, it was Dracula himself in another form.

It actually seemed like that could happen during this storm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Changmin, are you sure you shut all the windows? I can feel a draught coming from somewhere." Jaejoong asked.

"Yes I'm sure I shut them all."

Yoochun looked up from the book he was reading and pushed his glasses up with his index finger. "Dude, Jae if you're that cold put some more coal on the fire or put another sweater on or something."

"I'm not cold Yoochun, I just have this bizarre feeling right now. It's making me shiver."

"You having a moment again Jae?"

"I don't know."

"Oh." Yoochun simply answered before looking down at his book again.

Jaejoong spoke up again. "Is Yunho still in the bath?"

"Probably, you know he likes a long soak." Yoochun replied.

"Junsu's taking a nap before you ask where he is." Changmin piped up as he flicked through channels on the tv using the remote.

"Jae you seem a bit restless, you sure you're not having a moment." Yoochun questioned.

"I'm... I'm fine. I just feel a bit uneasy. Infact I might go up into the attic and paint or something. Take my mind off things."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pathetic child. All this power..."

Words reverberated in her head as she clung to the metal railings along the side of the harbour, the waves crashing up the harbour sides drenching her. The overly salty taste of murky seawater lingering across her lips.

"I never intended for you to forget everything..."

"Why?" The girl asked herself as she slumped down to the ground. Tears were pouring down her face, indistinguishable from the seawater that was covering her.

"Who.. who was she? Who... who.. am I?" The girl sobbed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ugh... what's wrong with me?" Jaejoong said to himself as he laid his paintbrush down on a small table next to his canvas and easel.

He stared at the canvas for a few seconds befor turning round to leave the attic and go back downstairs. He passed the main bathroom on the way, Yunho was still in there humming away to himself, light snoring was coming from Junsu's room as he passed the door. Jaejoong made his way back into the living room where Yoochun and Changmin were still sat.

"Can you guys not feel that?" Jaejoong exclaimed as he entered the living room.

"Jae it'll just be the storm, I wouldn't get so freaked out about it. You always get like this when the weather's so bad" Changmin replied matter of factly.

"Yeah but, something's different. Something isn't right."

"What do you mean something's different?" Yoochun joined in the conversation as he slipped a ragged leather bookmark in to the book to keep his place.

"I don't know. I... think there's something outside. I don't know what though."

"Well if there's anything nasty outside, it won't get in here." Yoochun smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where, where am I?" The girl asked herself.

She winced in pain as she crawled along the sandy, damp alleyway. She had given up on walking, her feet and legs were cut, bloody and bruised. She saw a door along the alleyway. She was scarily drawn to it. The door was old and heavy looking with a large brass handle and a small pane of glass in the middle of it, emitting a warm yellow glow from the light inside. Something was drawing her to this one particular door.

She used every ounce of strength she had left to crawl to the door. Her vision was becoming blurry and dark. The girl was on the verge of passing out.

"Just.. a bit more..." The girl heaved. She struggled as she tried to raise her torso off the ground to reach the doorknob. She slammed her arms against the door with whatever stranght she had left.

Then her head went limp. She collapsed against the door, out cold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What was that?" Changmin asked? "Did you guys hear that?"

"That was the back door right?" Yoochun said.

Jaejoong shreiked. "SEE I TOLD YOU THERE WAS SOMETHING OUTSIDE!"

He stormed to the back of the living room and through the door into the kitchen, Changmin and Yoochun following him close behind. Yunho was now out of the bath and was now running into the kitchen with only a bath towel wrapped round him.

"What was that?" Yunho asked the 3 men as they congregated in the kitchen.

"We just came to find out." Changmin answered. "Jae's been going nuts all evening."

"Well go on then Jae, open the door." Yunho said.

"Ugh don't know if I want to."

"I'll do it then." Yoochun exclaimed as he pushed his way past the others to the door. He hastily wrapped his hand around the back door handle and pulled the door swiftly open. The upper torso and arms of a young girl flopped onto the ground and landed with a heavy thud.

"It's a girl. Look you can see her..." Yoochun stated.

"Thank you Captain Obvious." Changmin cut Yoochun off. "C'mon let's get her inside."

"Can you sense that?" Yunho asked his friends as he helped Changmin pick up the girl and pull her into the kitchen.

Everyone nodded in reply then turned too look at Jaejoong.

"Is this what you were sensing before? This girl?" Yoochun asked Jaejoong.

"I think so."