Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

"So what is this ball thingy about then?" Marissa asked Changmin who was stood beside her behind the sweet shop counter.

It was raining slightly outside and the shop had been empty for a while. The first sign of rain and everybody dissapeared from the streets. Not that anyone was complaining really, Summer had been quite busy and now that Autumn was on it's way business had started to slow down and everybody was thankful for having more time for themselves. It had been a short while since Marissa had her episode and nothing had really happened since then. She just reverted back to her cute, bubbly self after that.

"Oh, it's the Halloween Ball." Changmin started as he opened up a jar of Pear Drops and poured a few into a small bag. He screwed the jar lid back on and put it back in it's place on the shelf. "It hasn't been happening long, but every Halloween there's a Halloween Ball in town. Everybody dresses up in costumes and has a lot of fun." Changmin finished speaking. He held the bag of Pear Drops out to Marissa and she gladly took one. Both leaned on the counter staring at the wall opposite as they ate their sweets.

"So we're all going this year, you're coming with us too." Changmin stated.

"Wha? Me?" Marissa pointed to herself. "Am I allowed?"

Changmin chuckled. "Of course you are! Anyone can come but we'd all like it if you would join us."

"Awww thank you Min!" Marissa squealed as she jumped up and down and clapped her hands. She threw her arms around Changmin's waist and gave him a hug. She would have flung her arms around his neck to give him a hug, but he was much more taller than she was.

"So what are you all dressing up as then?" Marissa let go of Changmin.

"Well since we go as a group, we dress up as a group. We did zombies last year so this year we were planning on going as vampires. We'll get you an outfit too." Changmin smiled.

"Hehe, I'm getting really excited now!" Marissa bubbled and clapped her hands together. "When is it?"

"About two weeks from now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow Marissa, you're in an awfully good mood today." Jaejoong said as Marissa walked into the cafe. She went and stood behind the cafe counter inbetween Jaejoong and Yoochun who had just wandered downstairs about 5 minutes before. He was stood in only his boxers with messy bed hair and drowsy eyes, clutching a cup of coffee and scratching his stomach with his free hand. The cafe was incredibly quiet, even though it was packed with dozens of women; all of whom were not saying a single word but were dreamily staring at Yoochun.

Then Yoochun eventually draped his free arm around Marissa's shoulders and squeezed her slightly.

Forks were dropped. People were coughing and spluttering. Cups were slammed down on saucers.

"So I take it Changmin told you about the Halloween Ball then?" Jaejoong asked. Marissa nodded.

"Well we'd be honoured if you'd join us." Yoochun added as he squoze Marissa's shoulders.

Marissa grinned. "I'm looking forward to it!"

Yoochun quickly looked at Jaejoong.

"Can I borrow her again?" Yoochun asked as he pointed at Marissa. She looked up looking slightly confused.

"Where you taking her now?" Jaejoong sighed.

"Shopping." Yoochun replied as he set his coffee cup down and grabbed Marissa's hand. He pulled her out of the cafe and into the kitchen before Jaejoong had the chance to say no.

"You go up and get your things together, I'll go up and get changed. We're going out shopping for an outfit for you." Yoochun said.

Marissa just nodded and blinked a few times in confusion. Yoochun smiled at her and ruffled her hair slightly before he quickly ran upstairs. Marissa sat herself down at the kitchen table to wait for him.