Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful

"How many have you made now Marissa?" Changmin leant over in his chair to watch what she was doing.

"I'm on my fifth one now." Marissa said as she concentrated on rearranging the bags ingredients, sticking her tongue out slightly whilst doing so.

Everybody was sat in the back garden around the roaring, hot fire pit. They all had big warm coats on, scarf and hats to keep the cold October weather at bay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Earlier...

"So what are these you're making?" Marissa asked as she popped her head round Jaejoong's shoulder to see what he was doing.

"Wha? Oh these, these are magic bags." Jaejoong answered.

"Magic bags?" Said Marissa sligtly confused. "What are they for?"

"Oh it's just sort of a traditional habit thing we do every Halloween." Jaejoong said half lying, trying to pass it off as something just a little bit silly. They did make them every year at Halloween not because it was fun and something to do, but because they had to if they wanted Halloween to pass without any hiccups or interruptions.

"They say All Hallows Eve is the night when the boundary between the real world and the spirit world is at it's weakest; so that means all kinds spirits, good and bad can pass into our world. These bags are hung up around the windows and doors in the house to stop anything bad from entering." Jaejoong continued, still trying to pass it off as just a stupid, childish tradition. Even though it was totally true.

Marissa blinked a few times and "Oooh'd."

"Can I make one?" She asked quietly.

"Of course, that is if you want to." Jaejoong said.

Marissa smiled as she pulled up a chair to the table Jaejoong was working on.

"Now first you take this piece of purple cloth here and then you start adding things." Jaejoong continued as he began assembling a bag. Marissa sat quietly and watched.

"You put in a few pinches of Sandalwood powder, some basil leaves, Rowan tree berries, cayenne pepper. Then you put in one Turquoise stone and one Hematite stone. Fold it together, tie it at the top with this gold thread here..."

Marissa carried on watching as Jaejoong twisted the thread around the bag and tied it off.

"Leave enough thread so you can hang the bag up... and then you're done! One protection bag!"

"Wow, it's that easy!" Marissa exclaimed. "Can I try?"

Jaejoong nodded and slid the bag materials over to Marissa. She sat and rearranged everything in front of herself and stuck her tongue out slightly as she began making a bag up.

Jaejoong could already feel her energy coming off her. Marissa was totally oblivious to it happening though as she counted out the berries and dropped them into the bag mixture. Jaejoong could only imagine what her power would be like if she knew she had it. Even though right now Marissa didn't know she was an S-Class witch, her power was overwhelming.

"Is this okay?" Marissa smiled as she heldup the bag she had just made. She dropped it into Jaejoong's hand and grinned.

Energy shot up through Jaejoong's arm and covered his entire body. He just started nodding like mad.

"It's perfect." He managed to splutter out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow Marissa. You're making these really well!" Yoochun exclaimed as he held up one of the bags Marissa had just made. Jaejoong had let him hold the first bag she made and that was incredibly powerful, but the one he was holding now felt 10 times stronger. It must be because she made it outside under the moon.

Yoochun corrected himself in his head. "Of course she's making these well, she's an S-Class. This is childs play to her."

Maggie was sat on the opposite side of the fire pit from Yoochun and Marissa. Everybody was chatting away and having a laugh round the warmth of the pit, drinking a beer or toasting a marshmallow whilst they made their bags up. Maggie however was intently watching Yoochun and Marissa as the laughed and giggled at each other. She was thinking to herself about the time they all first met Marissa. She was practically in bits at the boys backdoor, soaked to the bone, unconcious and was suffering from severe memory loss.

Now she was like any other normal girl. But underneath the memory loss she was an incredibly powerful S-Class witch who used to be on the Council. Maggie was wondering how long it would take for Marissa to regain her memory back and what she would be like after. Would her original personality return?

Maggie knew Yoochun was falling for Marissa, if he hadn't done already. She was worried about the current Marissa leaving entirely when the original Marissa returned and she was also worried about Yoochun, if he didn't accept the real Marissa.

Maggie had actually managed to get a slight reading off Marissa earlier and also managed to sense some feelings off the old journal Yunho was researching from. The journal was written with fascination and intrigue. She felt the writers emotions flow through the paper as she turned the pages. She felt a sharp pain in her chest when she read the entry which described an S-Class witch which must have been Marissa. That must have been what the writerwas feeling at the time that Marissa looked at him.

Marissa on the other hand was incredibly difficult to read as her power often interfered and the magic that was surrounding her was blocking a lot of things out. Maggie did however feel happiness emitting from Marissa, as if she felt right where she was.